This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb question

My question is, would I be able to open and copy a region 4 dvd using a dvd region 2 player and dvdfab?

Hello dragongirl, welcome back.
    Please define "dvd region 2 player"
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl2010 View Post
      My question is, would I be able to open and copy a region 4 dvd using a dvd region 2 player and dvdfab?
      Hi dragongirl2010
      If using Fab to rip and copy your movie,I am pretty sure that Fab will remove the DVD region and make it region free which will allow you to play it in any player.
      CBR929

IPopov50 my friend, did not see you
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        Hi dragongirl2010
        If using Fab to rip and copy your movie,I am pretty sure that Fab will remove the DVD region and make it region free which will allow you to play it in any player.
        CBR929

IPopov50 my friend, did not see you
        No problem, I just wondering what is she (he????) referring to. If it's DVD drive on a computer she (or he????) can use Passkey for just playing that DVD. If it's stand along DVD player, DVDFab will remove Region as you correctly mentioned... However, she (or he) should make sure that this option is selected in Common Settings, Protection section.
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

What I (a girl) meant was, and I apologize for not being clear, that my dvd player is set up to play/read region 2 dvds since I live in the US. I just want to make sure that my dvd player won't have any problem opening/reading a different region dvd if I use dvdfab.
          Last edited by dragongirl2010; 08-26-2010, 05:03 AM.

Comment

dragongirl2010 (a girl) ,
            if you made copy/backup using DVDFab, and DVDFab in Common Settings under header Protection have Region removal selected, this copy will be Region-free. That means your copy will play on any DVD player anywhere in a world, including DVD ROM of your laptop ( or desktop for that matter).
            sigpic

Comment

So you live in the U.S.(which is Region 1), and you're using a Region 2 player? I think the player will be alright after DVDFab processes it, but you will have issues if you end up trying to play PAL format media on NTSC equipment, unless you have a dual standard player.
              SPECS
              DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
              SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I'm confused about this region 2 and living in the states that is region 1. These DVDs are they bought in the states? Wait you said region 4 DVDs and that is Australia, Central and South America. Also I think your DVD drive on your computer might be region 1 as well if bought in the states. What you need to do is go into common settings of DVDFab which is the green dot with Check Mark top right of program screen and then go to Protection. In the protection settings you need to change the RCE settings to the region of the DVD you are trying to back up which would be region 4. Once that done restart DVDFab for setting to take effect. Then you can copy that DVD to a blank DVD that can be played in DVD player but you will need to checka nd make sure it is Dual format. Dual format means it can play unprotected PAL and NTSC DVDs

Now if you was to back up a region 1 DVD bought in the States you will have to change the RCE settings back to region 1

Comment

Once again, my apologies, I guess I wasn't thinking right when I posted my questions. And yes, my computer and dvd player are region 1. I don't know why I wrote region 2. Well, the thing is that there's this movie I want so bad that I can't find it anywhere in the US and I found it available in Australia/New Zealand. I want to buy it and have an extra copy but I just want to make sure that I won't be wasting my money buying a movie set up for region 4 only. I got my answer now and thank you for all your help. And again sorry for the confusion.

Comment

What movie is it?
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Borderline with Charles Bronson.

Comment

no u will not be able to play it on your dvd player.
                        i bought a region 2 dvd and tried to copy it and remove the region coding using the steps that the others told you about and it didnt work. i had to buy a region free dvd player online to play my dvd

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl2010 View Post
                          Once again, my apologies, I guess I wasn't thinking right when I posted my questions. And yes, my computer and dvd player are region 1. I don't know why I wrote region 2. Well, the thing is that there's this movie I want so bad that I can't find it anywhere in the US and I found it available in Australia/New Zealand. I want to buy it and have an extra copy but I just want to make sure that I won't be wasting my money buying a movie set up for region 4 only. I got my answer now and thank you for all your help. And again sorry for the confusion.
                          You can get this movie from amazon.com but it region 2 PAL here link for it http://www.amazon.com/Borderline-NON...2882231&sr=1-8 all you would need is a DVD Player that is dual format and able to play both PAL and NTSC and most new DVD players can do that. Here is link to ebay for a region 4 of the movie and it cheaper http://cgi.ebay.com/Charles-Bronson-...HD_DVD_Blu_ray.

Too bad no region 1 DVDs available for this movie. But if you do get it just make sure your DVD Player can play both PAL and NTSC Format. Either way your computer will have no problem playing it as the DVD drive does not care if it PAL or NTSC format

Comment

Working...
                          X