Took the Plunge..but have ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sac130e View Post
    I made a BD25 copy of Avatar and went into the stream folder and renamed the file Avatar instead of 0010.
    That is your problem. If you plan to make a compression or burn to disc you do not rename nothing or move files anywhere as it makes it not work any more and then you need to re rip movie. Change the name back to what it was originally and give it another try

Comment

Thanks for the response and sorry for any headaches here.
      I have no intention of burning to another disk, my goal is to put all BD on my NAS for streaming.

I renamed the file in the stream folder so I would know which one it is.
      I prefer to copy from the disk at BD50 to go easy on the BD drive and then compress on the HDD to move to my NAS. Seems to be the way most users here do it.

But once I do compress down, can I just copy the actual movie out of the stream folder to my movie folder instead of maintaining the DVDFab folder system?

How much quality in picture do you actually loose when going from BD50 to BD25 or BD9?

Also, is there any point in copying the HD sound if it can't be streamed from the NAS to the PS3?

Thanks again,
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sac130e View Post
        Thanks for the response and sorry for any headaches here.
        I have no intention of burning to another disk, my goal is to put all BD on my NAS for streaming.

I renamed the file in the stream folder so I would know which one it is.
        I prefer to copy from the disk at BD50 to go easy on the BD drive and then compress on the HDD to move to my NAS. Seems to be the way most users here do it.

But once I do compress down, can I just copy the actual movie out of the stream folder to my movie folder instead of maintaining the DVDFab folder system?

How much quality in picture do you actually loose when going from BD50 to BD25 or BD9?

Also, is there any point in copying the HD sound if it can't be streamed from the NAS to the PS3?

Thanks again,
        Scott
        No idea as I not start using my Blu-ray modules yet except to test out and learn what I needed to know.

Comment

No, don't mess with the individual files and file structure.
          The file structure that you're tinkering with isn't Fab's, it's the BD structure, ie.,
          BD ----> BDMV (AUXDATA, BACKUP, BDJO, CLIPINF, JAR, META PLAYLIST, STREAM) \CERTIFICATE.

I use an Argosy HV335T MP to play all my BD video.
          I always rip main movie without any compression and tinker from there if I wish.

Usually, I just play 'em and I use both file format (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS Folders) and .ISO and I don't have any problems at all.
          Subtitles are retained and they come in darn handy late at night with my "over-the-hill" 61 year-old ears...lol
          I don't have my new home system set up yet so I'm not using HD audio

I always rip in BD50, but space isn't an issue and besides, I always use main movie mode
          I seriously doubt that you'll detect much, if any difference between BD50 and BD25 anyway.
          I have burned a few BD9's and they look great. Is there a difference? No doubt, but there are any number of variables to take into account here.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
          X