Took the Plunge..but have ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Took the Plunge..but have ??

I finally took the plunge and bought a NAS box and the DVDFab software so I can copy my BD collection and stram it to other computers and my PS3 for viewing.

Fist movie I copied was Avatar and did it at BD25 with all the english sound files including the HD sound. Finally figured out how to set up my computer as a media server and was able to steam the movie (wirelessly) to my PS3 for viewing.

My question is, how do you get the HD sound to stream. All I got was the crappy simple sound track to play, would really prefer to listen in the HD mode I have grown used to with my system.

Scott

Using a wireless system will cause you many problems.
    Playing on a PS3 will cause you many problems.

Using the search feature for *Wireless streaming* resulted in 500 hits.

Using the search feature for *PS3 problems* resulted in 408 hits.

Comment

So from the search, am I correct in concluding that there is NO WAY to stream the HD MA from my pc to the PS3?

If this is so, then only other option is to just copy the BD without the HD and save some room, and if I ever want to hear the True HD sound, I will just have to pop in the original disk and play it.

Scott

Comment

So...what would be my best option for copying BD/DVD for all around viewing?
        Will watch most of it on PS3, but still want ability to watch on PC and IPAD.
        Like to do one copy for all, instead of several.

Also, still can't find which program and how to take the BD50 copy on my HDD and compress it...help.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sac130e View Post

Also, still can't find which program and how to take the BD50 copy on my HDD and compress it...help.

Scott
          If the copy protection was already removed then DVDFab Blu-ray COPY will compress BD50 to BD25

Comment

Yes, but I want to copy to my HDD at BD50 to speed up that process, then compress to BD25 or 9 after that. So how do I compress the BD50 on my HDD to the smaller size?

Scott

Comment

you need to do Main movie and here link below to the tutorial on how to do that

Or if want full Disc the link below

Comment

Ok...wee seem to be on the wrong page here on what I am trying to do.

I Already did..Copy Main Movie from the BD to my HDD at the BD50 size.

Now..I want to take that COPY on my HDD and compress from BD50 to BD25.

I tryed to open the source folder on my HDD, but nothing happens.

How do I take the ALREADY copied BD50 movie on my HDD and compress it to another size.

Sorry for being difficult, but unless this is something that can't be done AFTER already copying from the disk, then I will need to start all over and just resize on initial copy.

Scott

Comment

Read the tutorials I linked as they explain how to do it

Comment

I have read YOUR info..and they do not have anything to do with what I need done..but thx for the effort.

Anybody else out there can help me change my files ON MY HARD DRIVE from BD50 to a smaller format?

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                      Read the tutorials I linked as they explain how to do it
                      @sac130e

Do as AGJ says and READ 1-3
                      If you want to convert the files to another format and play on multiple devices then read the DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper tutorial

CBR929
                      Last edited by CBR929; 09-06-2010, 03:04 AM.
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

When I select the files from my HDD in the Source box, the screen might flash, but nothing happens. It won't find or pick-up the file in the folder.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong here, but the program will not let me select the movie from my HDD as the source, so am thinking is a problem with the DVDFab software.

Scott

Comment

Open the folder using the Source icon (looks like a folder), just to the right of the Source dropdown selector.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You don't select the files. You select the root folder.

Again, read the tutorials.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Ok, have tried everything in the tutorial and no luck. When I first created the copy of Avatar, I put the target as a folder I created on my storage drive labeled Movies/BD Movies and let the program create all the sub folders in there with the movie. I made a BD25 copy of Avatar and went into the stream folder and renamed the file Avatar instead of 0010.

When I open try and open the source root folder, I get the little blue box in that pops up for about a second and it goes away. I have tried every folder from the top to the bottom as the source, but the program will just not open it.

So what am I doing wrong here....thanks.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X