This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Burns???

I have been burning and using Dvdfab for about a month now. I have fairly good luck but I throw alot of blanks away. I get error messages that say the DVD did now burn and just spits it out for no reason. Sometimes it slows down so slow and the fan is running so fast it sounds like it will blow up. Does anyone know what could be the problem? My laptop is a Dell and I just got it last December for Christmas. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I went in and cleaned browser history and cookies. It's better but still has problems.

Tracy

I just checked my process logs and this is what it says....

21:38:24: Burn DVD folder (C:\Users\Tracy\Documents\DVDFab\Temp\FullDisc\TRI CK_R_TREAT\) started
    22:04:59: Task_1 failed! Error=116

I don't know what could be wrong but I have wasted about 6 DVD's tonight trying to figure it out. Any ideas of how to fix this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Tracy

Comment

The aanswer to your problem is in your first post, you're using a laptop with its internal optical drive for the burns. read this document and post the needed info and someone will find a few more problems most likely. http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=15

Comment

I used to get that a lot some time ago on my old computer, wasted a lot of blank DVDs, NEVER had it happen at all on my nice new more powerful computer, sadly it is probably your computer.

Comment

Lower the burn speed to 4x speed and give it another try but you should invest in a external DVD burner for the laptop if you going to use it for your DVDs

Comment

I was afraid of that. Is there any laptop that is good? I thought about getting me a new one and giving this one to my daughter.

Tracy

Comment

When burning DVDs it creates a lot of heat and since a laptop is very small with all the parts close together it just creates a lot of heat that will give you nothing but coasters but if you use an external DVD burner it should be fine as that what I use with my laptop

Comment

OK. Thanks for your help. I do have one of those coolers ordered for my laptop. Will that help until I can get an external burner? Also how hard is that to install? I can do most things on here but I'm not a genius. I just want to be able to burn my movies to back them up.

Tracy

Comment

Okay, I never thought of an external recorder (burner) earlier as I have only ever used desk tops with a built in burner, but that would probably work too.

Comment

Is a external burner something I can just hook up through the USB port? I'm sorry I seem so ignorant but this is all new to me.

Tracy

Comment

Yes all external DVD drives/ burners are attached via USB. try using a 4x burn speed as well if you use the DVD drive on the laptop as that was a speed I used but it only worked like 2 out 6 times

Comment

Well, for some reason it's not working at all for me. I guess I will have to send it in to Dell and get it seen to until I can buy an external burner. It's taking way too long to burn and usually if it takes too long then they don't work. I'm about to toss this crazy thing through the window. I'm so frustrated.

Tracy

Comment

One last thing to try if you don't mind watching a video or two on how to set up ImgBurn (its free) to work with Fab but those slimtype drives are just very problematic. Take AGJ's advice he's been a long time Fab user and knows what he's talking about (get a usb type drive). I would also suggest d/ling ImgBurn and following Troy512's instructions on how to set it up to work with Fab. He has a couple great video's that makes it very easy to understand. http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12

Comment

Sending it to Dell won't achieve anything. It is a known inherent problem in laptop drives.

The only reall fix is to use quality media suc as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden and a external USB drive.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                              Sending it to Dell won't achieve anything. It is a known inherent problem in laptop drives.

The only reall fix is to use quality media suc as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden and a external USB drive.
                              GregiBoy (and anyone else),

I guess with most things in Life you usually get better quality with more expensive things, though not always, I normally use Sony DVD-R blank discs and they always seem okay, as long as everything else on the computer is working okay, are they okay too?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X