No announcement yet.

re-set DMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a link that helps to check if in DMA and tells how to fix if not DMA I have used this link on a friends computer and it worked for his problem

Comment

I 20:24:36 Average Write Rate: 10,100 KB/s (7.3x) - Maximum Write Rate: 11,316 KB/s (8.2x)

Could never reach those speeds in PIO-mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
        I 20:24:36 Average Write Rate: 10,100 KB/s (7.3x) - Maximum Write Rate: 11,316 KB/s (8.2x)

Could never reach those speeds in PIO-mode.
        I know just thought I would post it for others who might need to reset as the thread title is reset DMA.

Comment

re-set DMA

GUMMI, I got the process explorer to come up, but don't know how to use it or what to look for! Tryed AGJ suggestion, but it didn't work! I read about it and before running!, but still don't know how to use it! Is there any way you could tell me how to use it, or what to look for? I think I understand a little, about what mode your in, as far as handle, or dll's mode!

Comment

re-set DMA

I just updated to 8.0.2.0 and this is what pops up! C:/program files/dvdfab8/unins000.exe, an error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: Delete file failed;code32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Retry or cancel !, but I get this on just about everything, being used by another process! Just wondering if this would help!

Comment

re-set DMA

Went back to 8005v, and have no issues with re-set DMA, no (FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME)Failed,reason: access is denied or anything like that! Went back to 8020v,8021v and getting what I wrote in post#20!, but I can still back-up dvd's, burn and play, no problems! Don't understand any of this and what is going on!

Comment

Go to this post by LUK!, the author of ImgBurn. Scroll down to post #9 http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s...=975&#entry975 If this error pops up when using ImgBurn with Fab then it's just Fab not releasing the drive, just ignore it.

Comment

re-set DMA

W&B, did as explained, typed in cdrom, hit search and came up with nothing! (find,handle)

Comment

Working...
                  X