which dvdfab prog removes drm ?

as the title says

thanks!

Originally posted by buzz945 View Post
    as the title says

thanks!
    none of DVDFab products remove DRM

Comment

A confusing way to pose a question as DRM is a nebulous term and can refer to virtually any media protection.
      This includes restricting the transfer of digital content as well as restricting the free use of digital content.

In any case, to answer your question, DVD Copy and Blu-ray Copy are the two, retail, copying or 'decrypting' software apps or modules.
      There is also Passkey which is an on-the-fly decrypter and available in its free, "pre-retail" beta form, right here on the forum.

The other retail modules are conversion tools.

Hope this is what you had in mind
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yeah, but generically, DRM is generally used to refer to the crap inserted by Apple/Micro$oft.

If that is what the OP is referring to, Fab will not remove it.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

well, i cant play the video (its AVI) cos its keeps making me download Windows 9 Playback Codec ? whatever that is.
          and nothing on www would tell me more specifically whos/what puts in these DRMs

so i'm thinking a converter-type of program to convert it to wmv or to another AVI file.

i can try passkey. not sure how it'll work cos its not a VOB file

what about dvd ripper ?
          Last edited by buzz945; 10-11-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you using XP and need a codec to play AVI files. So it not DRM issue it a Codec issue. Try the link below if you are using XP

X Codec Pack is one of the most completed codec packs which helps you to play all major audio and video formats.

Comment

i can play AVIs just fine.
              its that 1 particular AVI with DRM encrytped

WMP does prompt me to DL the Win Med 9 Playback Codec pack
              but sounded too fishy

so i'm trying to circumvent this by either ripping, or converting
              the DRM encoded AVI

i figure dvd decrypt or dvd ripper might solve this problem ?

Comment

Well you can try but if it DRM related DVDFab not able to remove it so you may get an error when you try

Comment

You can try, for example some other app that is able to remove drm from protected files. As far as I recall (Not allowed) can just remove drm form protected videos and convert drm protected files to avi or wmv or whatever format is needed.

Dunno, I say it's worth a shot.
                  Last edited by AGJ; 10-12-2010, 12:18 PM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post

i did DL this and this solved my other problem
                    but it didnt solve the DRM problem

i'm thinking it might be encrytped to make you think
                    its DRM to DL some codec pack,
                    but in actuality, the codec pack might be a worm
                    (a bit of a stretch since its not easy to embed troj or worm into a media file)

but yea, rippers dont work either
                    cos its gotta be able to read the AVI, instead the DRM is blocking it

quite interesting this particular DRM avi-file
                    Last edited by buzz945; 10-13-2010, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytoms View Post
                      You can try, for example some other app that is able to remove drm from protected files. As far as I recall (Not allowed) can just remove drm form protected videos and convert drm protected files to avi or wmv or whatever format is needed.

Dunno, I say it's worth a shot.

when you get to 10+ posts, PM me this prog you suggested
                      thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by buzz945 View Post
                        when you get to 10+ posts, PM me this prog you suggested
                        thanks!
                        I doubt they will get to 10 posts since they were probably a spammer and may not return to forum.

Comment

And if he does return and uses the DVDFab forum to recommend the use of other brands software his post will be deleted .

Comment

alright, anyways, i did more fishing around and found that this Avi file with DRM access IS in fact, a sypware

it makes you go this website:
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Admin Note: The link to the malware website has been removed so that others won't follow it. You can see why in the discussion in this forum, scroll down to the last 3 or 4 posts: http://forum.extratorrent.com/viewto...t=514&start=30

This thread is close to violating forum policies in several areas. The General Questions forum is for general questions about DVDFab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

instead of clicking on it, i googled the link - - - bad stuff it appears to be

the rest of the semi-solution is here:

looks like some may have gone all the way to DL the codec packer
                            and ended up installing a malware packer

(good thing i didnt go that far)

based out of russia according to the creation of folders and EXE files

Comment

You might want to download and use Malwarebytes to make sure something did not get on your PC.

The free version does a good job.

Comment

Working...
                              X