Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sluggish playback after create a DVD from an AVI...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sluggish playback after create a DVD from an AVI...

I create a DVD from an AVI file. Everything goes fine. Then I play it back and it looks very sluggish and slow like the video is trying to catch up. Looks horrible. I have seen this a few times on this product. What is causing it? Has anyone seen this and what was the fix? Thanks!

try going into common settings - av codecs - switch everything to software,
    restart dvdfab and retry the disc creating your disc again.

might also pot the dvdfab internal log files.

Comment

I have all set to software already. I will try one other thing and report the log files. Thanks!

Comment

ok sill plays back sluggish. I have 5 log files. Maybe this will tell someone something about how to fix. Thanks!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Greenie17; 06-07-2021, 10:06 PM.

Comment

And my dvdfab_internal.log file
          Attached Files

Comment

Could you please send us the AVI source for testing the issue? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenie17 View Post
              I create a DVD from an AVI file. Everything goes fine. Then I play it back and it looks very sluggish and slow like the video is trying to catch up. Looks horrible. I have seen this a few times on this product. What is causing it? Has anyone seen this and what was the fix? Thanks!
              We tested the video, but we could not duplicate the sluggish and slow issues.
              What player did you use for the playback? Maybe you can try it using a different player.

Comment

I tried 4 DVD players. Sony, 2 different LGs and a Sanyo. All play with lag. So maybe it's some settings in the software that I have set wrong. Plus it also lags paying the disc on my computer. I also tried 2 different discs. One was a 4.7 verbatim and one was a 7.2 DL verbatim. So it has to be something in the settings.
                Last edited by Greenie17; 06-10-2021, 03:34 AM.

Comment

I tried 4 DVD players. Sony, 2 different LGs and a Sanyo. All play with lag. So maybe it's some settings in the software that I have set wrong. Plus it also lags paying the disc on my computer. I also tried 2 different discs. One was a 4.7 verbatim and one was a 7.2 DL verbatim. So it has to be something in the settings.
                  what burning engine did you use dvdfab or imgburn ??
                  and how fast did you burn the disc ? try 4x or slower

Comment

I am using the dvdfab burning engine. I set to the slowest burn. Same problem. I am watching it right now on my computer and it's the same issue.
                    I have had this problem in the past as well with multiple other avi and mkv vids. There is something causing it in the settings.

Comment

Also I just used a program called Freemake Video Converter and I used that to burn the avi to a dvd and that worked just fine. So this is definitely an issue with dvdfab.

Comment

Please use DVDCreator to convert the avi but this time, save the output to local hard drive as a folder or iso file, and then playback the output using software player, see if it can play okay or not.

Comment

Convert to an MKV on local drive is fine. Convert to a DVD folder / .VOB and it is jerky. So it's something with the creator and a DVD. I also created an ISO file and that played wonky as well. So the creator seems wrong.

Comment

So... Anyone have any thoughts? Seems like there is a problem with dvd creator.

Comment

Convert to an MKV on local drive is fine. Convert to a DVD folder / .VOB and it is jerky. So it's something with the creator and a DVD. I also created an ISO file and that played wonky as well. So the creator seems wrong.
                              I have passed your issue to developer, I will update you when they get back. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X