No announcement yet.

Unable to create bespoke thumbnails beyond 4X in Blu-ray Creator Streaming Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to create bespoke thumbnails beyond 4X in Blu-ray Creator Streaming Menu

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	111.8 KB ID:	440330

Six MP4 files loaded to process.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	0 Size:	148.5 KB ID:	440331

Imbedded text reads: "6X titles to process. 6X bespoke thumbnails to be applied. ONLY able to apply 4X.

Ability to scroll to the right to access additional title thumbnails (as available in previous versions) not present?"

The ability to access all loaded title thumbnail widgets was previously available in Blu-ray Creator versions #12, now in #13 limited to only being able to access 4X thumbnails!

Please can you ask the Developer to return access (scrolling to the right to gain access) to every title loaded to process.

Many thanks.

-- Richard

Log file included.

[ATTACH]n440333[/ATTACH]

Thanks for your report. We could duplicate the problem, we will look into it as soon as possible.

Comment

Thanks Mona, as always your response and support is awesome.

Comment

Hi Mona,

I was wondering whether there was any news in regards to the above issue being close to resolution? Especially since the team was able to duplicate it and have acknowledged it as being a genuine 'legitimate' issue.

Comment

I am having this issue too and I have quite a few discs I want to make.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmmbeh View Post
            I am having this issue too and I have quite a few discs I want to make.
            If I may suggest mmmmbeh​... Perhaps either raising a support ticket yourself (quoting this post -with a direct link to it) requesting this issue be fixed asap or sending a PM directly to Mona, again quoting this post and asking her to push the team to fix this! One voice is loud, two are even louder!

Comment

littlebluealien

mmmmbeh

Until they fix this- why don't you download an older version of DVDFAB when this wasn't an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. 95 View Post
                littlebluealien

mmmmbeh

Until they fix this- why don't you download an older version of DVDFAB when this wasn't an issue?
                That's a bad trade off (for me). This current version has a fix that was long in coming -allowing the complete removal of previously fixed text boxes in the streaming menu. And a fix I have been waiting for and requesting to be implemented for over 2 years!! I have full confidence the issue raised will be fixed fairly quickly, especially since Mona has confirmed it was clearly replicated by the Dev team and acknowledged. And even if earlier versions of 13 did not have this thumbnail limitation -which has been present since its release, reverting backwards to gain one thing would mean losing another. I can wait.

Comment

littlebluealien
                  most people don't know this trick- but you have always been able to hide those boxes behind the description box.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	HhR65Z.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	442062

Name:	HhRJTP.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	442063

Name:	HhRQOm.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	442064

FINAL ISO MENU IN POWERDVD

Name:	HhRVci.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	442065

Comment

most people don't know this trick- but you have always been able to hide those boxes behind the description box.
                    Yes, I was aware of this 'hack', and I dare say it works absolutely fine for yourself (and anyone else) who is processing TV series and have multiple episodes under one descriptive overview.

However..

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (1359).png Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	442095

As someone like myself, who specifically downloads self contained individual documentary titles (each with their own specific descriptive overview) and not a TV series with multiple episodes, I find it more appropriate and visually appealing (personal preference), to remove any text completely. You will also see that I create bespoke thumbnails for each individual title being processed, but a singular main title tab for the Blu-ray collection for which this disc will belong. In this case 'UFO Encounter'. Of which I am now up to Disc 35.

It could be argued that I have far too much time on my hands , but if a job's worth doing -it's worth doing well. And I'm happy with the outcome (moreso now that I can completely remove all text boxes giving me far more scope.

Btw, I genuinely do appreciate all the feedback and suggestions you've offered here C.C.95. Truly. I love seeing what other "Creator" users are doing within this software, and how.

I just wish I was able to make the thumbnail (above) larger for you to see it better. Despite my uploading it as 'Fullsize', the above is the result!!

Laters... And thanks for this exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                      Thanks for your report. We could duplicate the problem, we will look into it as soon as possible.
                      Hi Mona, any update on this being fixed or a working time frame? Could you raise it again with the appropriate team. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluealien View Post

Yes, I was aware of this 'hack', and I dare say it works absolutely fine for yourself (and anyone else) who is processing TV series and have multiple episodes under one descriptive overview.

However..

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (1359).png Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	442095

As someone like myself, who specifically downloads self contained individual documentary titles (each with their own specific descriptive overview) and not a TV series with multiple episodes, I find it more appropriate and visually appealing (personal preference), to remove any text completely. You will also see that I create bespoke thumbnails for each individual title being processed, but a singular main title tab for the Blu-ray collection for which this disc will belong. In this case 'UFO Encounter'. Of which I am now up to Disc 35.

It could be argued that I have far too much time on my hands , but if a job's worth doing -it's worth doing well. And I'm happy with the outcome (moreso now that I can completely remove all text boxes giving me far more scope.

Btw, I genuinely do appreciate all the feedback and suggestions you've offered here C.C.95. Truly. I love seeing what other "Creator" users are doing within this software, and how.

I just wish I was able to make the thumbnail (above) larger for you to see it better. Despite my uploading it as 'Fullsize', the above is the result!!

Laters... And thanks for this exchange.
                        littlebluealien
                        Appreciate the dialog too! It's important for us to share with each other any knowledge or "hacks" we may have. Lord knows, I have figured out quite a few workarounds, or just figured out specific quirks of the program. I agree that it is the better solution that they remove those text boxes in the program rather than working the hack.
                        btw- what I do with the older version (and this is wild)- is I use the method I described- but I rename all my episodes or movie titles to "^", "^^", "^^^", "^^^^", etc. instead of titles or numbers. That way it fetches NO METADATA- and there is no description text for anything, and my screen stays empty like yours! (And the text boxes still stay hidden behing the empty descption box). *I just input the title names myself.*
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	ltzK6A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.9 KB ID:	442307

the one thing I have never figured out though:
                        when I DO use descriptions for episodes - the descriptions that run long, can never be made to finish and fit in the dialog box. (And you can't resize the text for the description box).

Comment

I rename all my episodes or movie titles to "^", "^^", "^^^", "^^^^", etc. instead of titles or numbers. That way it fetches NO METADATA- and there is no description text for anything, and my screen stays empty like yours!
                          Now this is something I WILL try, as currently I do rename the MP4 files as #01, #02#, #03 etc and despite this method, I find the main vertical title tab on the left of the main menu is defaulted to some image either related to some obscure movie the metadata has just grabbed and inserted, or from one of the titles I'm going to process. Either way defaulting it so that I cannot merely add my own bespoke tab image in its place. So I will try your suggestion and see if this works better. But, I have also discovered a quick 'hack' to get myself around this 'issue' -once I've added the files for processing (renamed as described #01, #02#, #03 etc.), I merely go into the log folder, enter the temp folder and completely delete the metadata poster folder. I am then able to insert whatever tab image I want.

Just out of interest, which version of DVDFab are you using, I'm guessing it must be 12 not 13...

Oh and how are you inserting your image files to show so LARGE? I choose that option in 'upload attachments' but as you see (above) LARGE is hardly how they appear!!

Comment

the one thing I have never figured out though: when I DO use descriptions for episodes - the descriptions that run long, can never be made to finish and fit in the dialog box. (And you can't resize the text for the description box).
                            Now not knowing exactly what you mean as 'the description box', if this refers to the main box which reads in the image example you provide above: "..A mystery drew Hercules and Lolaus.." you can change both the text (and) its size by simply doubling clicking on the text in this box to hi-light the whole text, then click on the T (text box below) and edit as necessary; alter the text to shorten and change to fit what you want to write, resize etc. Mind you, I am using v.13.0.1.6 so perhaps this option is not available in the earlier v.12's.

Comment

littlebluealien

When you use ^, ^^, ^^^, ^^^^, etc. instead of numbers of titles - and it does not fetch metadata- something else curious (and awesome) happens....

When it fetches metadata normally, you get the Coverbox image on the top left side. Like you mentioned- if your title is #1 or something, it tends to fetch "something". But usually always some image. When this image is fetched- there is NOTHING you can do to change it. (I used to just make it as small as possible and hide it behind the thumbnail of the first video).

When you use my method of ^ , ^^ , ^^^ for titles- and it fetches no metadata- the window just defaults to an image from the video file.

BUT(!) - you can now use whatever image you like using "Customize Thumbnail"!

For my example- I used a transparent PNG - so it is invisible.

Then I create my title as a PNG with a transparent background, and use "widget" to put it on the screen and resize it as I wish!

**this method also makes it possible to do a custom blu ray cover image instead of what is offered.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0869.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.0 KB ID:	442466 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0867.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.9 KB ID:	442467 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0868.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.1 KB ID:	442468 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0866.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.5 KB ID:	442469 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0865.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.5 KB ID:	442470 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0864.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.0 KB ID:	442471

*Yes, I have been using Version 12.1.1.4 - Mainly because when the new version came out, it had some new issues I didn't wanna deal with (which maybe have been fixed now).
                              Main issue was not being able to reorder chapter titles like I used to. (Moving titles up and down in the cue)

Comment

Working...
                              X