No announcement yet.

3d blu-rays to 25gb discs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far the only option that has worked for me is to do an exact "Clone" from the source disc to a 50 gb blank disc to the destination. I would say 95% of the time the back up works and I have gotten the full 3d presentation on the back up. It's may always be wise to do a test burn on a rewritable 50 gb disc to make sure the process is successful! Then do a "burn again" on a one time usable disc. I too am looking forward to when DVDFab will have the option to compress a 3d movie to a 25 gb disc. So far all of the options they offer have failed for me.

Comment

Originally posted by unclebubbies View Post
      So far the only option that has worked for me is to do an exact "Clone" from the source disc to a 50 gb blank disc to the destination. I would say 95% of the time the back up works and I have gotten the full 3d presentation on the back up. It's may always be wise to do a test burn on a rewritable 50 gb disc to make sure the process is successful! Then do a "burn again" on a one time usable disc. I too am looking forward to when DVDFab will have the option to compress a 3d movie to a 25 gb disc. So far all of the options they offer have failed for me.
      Thanks for the info. Since blanks are so expensive, forgive me for seeking further clarification. You're saying that "clone" usually works and that regular blu-ray "copy" even set to 50 GB does not, in terms of making a 3D backup?

Comment

I just tried "Toy Story 3" 3D blu-ray and did a clone to iso on hdd. It worked just fine and was less than 47GB.

Now I can play the iso on powerdvd as a 3D blu-ray and powerdvd recognizes the 3d movie and so does my tv as it automatically changes to blu-ray 3D mode.

All I do is mount the iso and powerdvd opens automatically and starts playback and my tv changes automatically to 3D mode.

Great s/w I'll definitely be purchasing the full version.

Comment

Yes you have to use the Clone option. I have not found any other way to back up a 3d blu ray movie that is watchable in 3d on a stand alone 3d bluray player/tv system. Use the original blu ray source in Clone mode with the target destination a blu ray writer that has a 50 gb blank disc. Nothing else has worked for me to back up a 3d movie successfully. That's not to say that i haven't had a few 50 gb coasters but like i said in my previous post...Test with a rewritable 50 gb and then burn again and you'll find out it was worth the price of purchase for the rewritable disc. Lately i've been 95% successful.

Comment

Thanks so much. I just got my promotional copy of Avatar 3D for buying a panny BR player and want to back it up, so this is relevent to me.

Comment

Working...
            X