Failure backing up 'The Other Guys' with ProtectedDisc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure backing up 'The Other Guys' with ProtectedDisc

Went to burn and got the following (see attached logs for complete process):

10:12:05: Copy process completed successfully
    10:12:09: Encryption started
    10:38:02: Encryption completed successfully
    10:39:03: Task_2 failed! Error=1
    10:39:04: Process failed!
    Attached Files

Hi dbooksta,

What writable media do you use?

Please try BD-RE at first, then a good brand of BD-R.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Hi dbooksta,

Please re-download DVDFab v8072 and try again to see the result, thanks.

Best Regards,
      Fengtao
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.

Comment

In this case Verbatim 4x BD-Rs. I've backed up at least 10 other BDs onto discs from this batch without any burn problems. I'll try again with a different disc.

Feature request: If burning fails due to the disc could you prompt for a new disc so we don't have to run the rip/encode processes again?

Comment

I re-downloaded v8.0.7.2B again and tried inserting a different disc to burn and got the same result: A prompt "Process Failed!". See attached logs.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, could you please tell us what drive do you use?
            Try update the firmware for it.

Comment

Tried again with RiData 4x BD-Rs, which have never given me trouble, and got the same result.

Comment

Please wait for a while, I'll build a new installer for you to try again.

Comment

I don't get a failure I am using a BDRE and I get through backing up all the way I just cant get it to play!! Usually when I pop a BDRE in it will be a few sec then I get the disc cannot be played but I get to where you have the little loading dots on the bottom then I get the disc cannot be played!!
                  For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Still failing after downloading your latest build. Logs attached.

FYI I'm using a Lite-On IHBS212 with latest firmware version 5L07.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
                      I don't get a failure I am using a BDRE and I get through backing up all the way I just cant get it to play!! Usually when I pop a BDRE in it will be a few sec then I get the disc cannot be played but I get to where you have the little loading dots on the bottom then I get the disc cannot be played!!
                      I am posting a screen shot that I have got with 2 brand new TDK BDRE discs! I figured if they wont play in my player maybe fab will load them up and I can play them in fabs player and I get the above posted error
                      Attached Files
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
                        I am posting a screen shot that I have got with 2 brand new TDK BDRE discs! I figured if they wont play in my player maybe fab will load them up and I can play them in fabs player and I get the above posted error
                        Btw: what player do you use?

Comment

I was using an LG BH08! And Ijust went out and bought a LG BH 10 to make sure it was not my burner!! I am gonna try the new one now!

Comment

Same failure with 'Salt'

Same failure backing up 'Salt' -- logs attached.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I guess I'm not the only one. Same failure with my Pioneer BDR205. Tried both SALT and RE3 multiple times. Wait for an update...
                              AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 @ 3.3ghz stock cooling
                              ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 Sata 6gb/s ATI HD4290
                              G.Skill RipJaws 8gb(2x4) DDR3 PC10666
                              Antec 750W Continuous Power
                              Pioneer BDR205
                              64gb OCZ SSD AGILITY 2
                              WD 640gb HDD Internal
                              WD 2TB HDD External
                              CoolerMaster 690series
                              ViewSonic 22" LED 1080p Full HD
                              Windows7 64 Ultimate

Comment