Failure backing up 'The Other Guys' with ProtectedDisc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
    Why don't you all make a back up to your HDD and burn in ImgBurn separately?
    To make protected backups to disable Cinavia on PS3, you need to use DvdFab. I'm not aware atm of any other program that can create such backups. Burning it outside DvdFab will not help as they are not regular backups.

Originally posted by vWvSTATICvWv View Post
    I'll try the latest version. The reason I wasted 2 discs is because I tried to burn the folders left over in the TEMP folder of my project separately with IMGBurn.
    I see and I'm sorry you wasted those. But whatever is left in TEMP is not enough to burn outside DvdFab. And it's not some kind of protection, it's just that the burning is done in a special way, that is triggered by DvdFab.

I say I'll wait for a universal method because it would be nice to let someone borrow a movie and not have to give them my original nor have to worry about it actually working on their player.
    Ok, BDAV protected backups will be the thing you look for as it is broadly implemented, although it will only be Main Movie, no menus (simply because that's what BDAV standard allows). Maybe chapters, but I'm not sure.

Rip to HDD then mount the .iso and do full disc mode that way, but make protected disc was grayed out.
    If you disable the ripping of protections in Settings->Protection->Bluray and make a clone iso, then mount it in DvdFab, you'll have Cinavia detected for the iso and options to create protected disc activated.

But according to what people are saying on here, my Pioneer fw is now the problem. I'm pretty sure I've read that you can't downgrade Pioneer fw's?
    That's one lead to track the problem. The log made with 8073 will tell what's happening there.
    Last edited by j&b; 01-30-2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I get what you're saying j&b and appreciate the feedback. Here's the internal log from my latest attempt. I honestly don't know what I'm looking for in finding out why the burn fails everytime
      Attached Files
      AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 @ 3.3ghz stock cooling
      ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 Sata 6gb/s ATI HD4290
      G.Skill RipJaws 8gb(2x4) DDR3 PC10666
      Antec 750W Continuous Power
      Pioneer BDR205
      64gb OCZ SSD AGILITY 2
      WD 640gb HDD Internal
      WD 2TB HDD External
      CoolerMaster 690series
      ViewSonic 22" LED 1080p Full HD
      Windows7 64 Ultimate

Comment

Should 8.0.7.3 resolve this problem, or is the problem writing protected discs with the drives listed in this thread still pending?

Comment

I get what you're saying j&b and appreciate the feedback. Here's the internal log from my latest attempt. I honestly don't know what I'm looking for in finding out why the burn fails everytime
          Thank you for the log, very much appreciated.
          It's not the burning that's failing but the enabling of the special mode is what is failing.
          In a way it is good news, according to the log, your drive supports the creation of protected backups. As I learned recently, some drives are simply not capable of doing them. So with your drive, it's a problem that is fixable. Unfortunately not yet with this build

Comment

Originally posted by j&b View Post
            It's not the burning that's failing but the enabling of the special mode is what is failing.
            In a way it is good news, according to the log, your drive supports the creation of protected backups. As I learned recently, some drives are simply not capable of doing them. So with your drive, it's a problem that is fixable. Unfortunately not yet with this build
            Do you have a list of drives that are compatible?
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by j&b View Post
              I guess that is semi-good news that it is not my drive. So I take it, Feng is working on this? I assume IMGBurn will have to be updated as well?
              Pioneer BDR205
              64gb OCZ SSD AGILITY 2
              WD 640gb HDD Internal
              WD 2TB HDD External
              CoolerMaster 690series
              Windows7 64 Ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
                Do you have a list of drives that are compatible?
                How could I have such a list? I have an LG and a Pioneer myself and they work.
                But I've heard of a Lite-on drive that is not capable of making protected backups.

I guess that is semi-good news that it is not my drive. So I take it, Feng is working on this? I assume IMGBurn will have to be updated as well?
                Yes, Fengtao has the problem replicated, so you're in luck. There's no need for a ImgBurn update (again: it's not a burning problem).
                Last edited by j&b; 01-31-2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Anything new with this? As j&b stated and saw for myself in my log, my Pioneer & fw can burn protected discs but there was never a real explanation as to why Fab fails trying to burn. Can we expect a new beta sometime soon? It's not like I'm in a rush to make 2 copies of the same movie to make it universal, just asking out of curiosity based on silence around here lately....
                  Pioneer BDR205
                  64gb OCZ SSD AGILITY 2
                  WD 640gb HDD Internal
                  WD 2TB HDD External
                  CoolerMaster 690series
                  Windows7 64 Ultimate

Comment