No announcement yet.

problem with Social Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The size of the movie with DTS audio is 25.3 Gb. the compression is 87% of the original to BD25 as per DVDfab. The resulting file should be 22.3 Gb or there about, not 13.8 Gb.
    I've tried multiple methods, and the size varies from 13.2- 15.8 Gb, depending on the version of Fab, and the method used. The movie is not 13.8 Gb in size.
    Check this thread with logs.
    Last edited by bmiller; 03-17-2011, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
      The size of the movie with DTS audio is 25.3 Gb. the compression is 87% of the original to BD25 as per DVDfab. The resulting file should be 22.3 Gb or there about, not 13.8 Gb.
      I've tried multiple methods, and the size varies from 13.2- 15.8 Gb, depending on the version of Fab, and the method used. The movie is not 13.8 Gb in size.
      Check this thread with logs.
      http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...social+network
      The movie with DTS audio movie only is 13.9 GB here is a screen shot and the movie plays just fine, no glitches! This is not a protected back up. Not sure whats going on with Fab it could be reporting wrong I dont know but 13.9 is right!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DiabloZoe; 03-17-2011, 03:15 AM.
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

That is what Fab's output is. It's target is 22.3 Gb as per the logs, but for some reason with this movie the output is only 55% of the target. You may be happy with 13.8 Gb, but the rest of us would like to achieve the target size of the movie. The dev's already know this is an issue, and are working on it.
        The end.

Comment

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
          That is what Fab's output is. It's target is 22.3 Gb as per the logs, but for some reason with this movie the output is only 55% of the target.
          You can try what I suggested earlier in the thread (http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...46&postcount=8)

Comment

Thanks, i thought i tried that, but i'll do it again to make sure. I already have the full disc .iso on my hard drive.

Comment

I tried it again and the same result, I checked "remove HD audio" and FAB showed compression of 92%. of the original 24.15 Gb. movie and audio. The result was 13.4 Gb.

Comment

@bmiller I think what made this work for me was doing a FULL copy from the original disc while removing the HD audio (and any other unwanted audio/subpictures) in a completely separate process from compressing the main movie (2 steps). Trying to do it all at once always caused the output to "over" compress for this disc. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by RClark View Post
                  I too had the issue with the output size being compressed much smaller then what I had selected for this disk (Blu-ray). I was compressing the Main Movie and removing the HD audio. My output was set to BD25. I got a different output size each time, each compressed way smaller then what they should have been.

I did manage to get around it though. Here is what I did.

First do a Full Disc copy to the hard drive as an ISO image, remove the HD audio (which I usually do when compression is needed) and select the audio and subpictures streams that you want to keep. You'll want to use BD50 as your output for this step.

Now using the image you created above as your input, switch over to Main Movie. You should already have the audio and subpictures streams that you want (from the previous step) so select them, set your output size to BD25 (which is what I wanted) and click Next then click Start.

This worked for me. Hopefully someone else will find this useful.
                  Hi ! I tried this solution with another movie i'm having this issue with (see thread : http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=11400&page=3). I did not work, but improved... with the usual way, I was getting 14GB as output size, with this method i'm at 18GB... still, there's still an issue that i'm not getting the best of the video quality since DVDFab should compress it to around 22GB (the main movie only being 26GB); so the compression problem is still there (used version 8.0.8.2).
                  Last edited by benito; 03-17-2011, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I should also note that I used Software for both decoder and encoder.

Comment

Originally posted by RClark View Post
                      I should also note that I used Software for both decoder and encoder.
                      yep, so did I.... and you were able to full the disc (like 22GB) ?

Comment

Rclark, That's the only difference, and likely the reason yours worked. I copied to the HDD first without removing the HD audio. I'll remember that for the next time time this happens.
                        That's something the Developers can make a note of. Removing the HD audio while ripping full disc to your HDD first may result in proper compression of the main movie. It will be interesting to see if this works for other problem disc's. This can be a work around while the boys fix the problem.
                        Thanks.
                        Last edited by bmiller; 03-18-2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

@benito yes, my output size is 22.2 GB (23,904,976,896 bytes).

Comment

Working...
                          X