This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very, very strange....

Maybe Touchdown has some more ideas coz I'm right out of them at the moment.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The volumes are exactly the same and the root ID also.

W&B
      8CBE0F006B512098_VOLUME_SET_ID:GLADIATOR_D1:GLADIA TOR_D1:GLADIATOR_D1
      Eric

This leads me to think a hardware problem but what? DUNNO !!!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        The volumes are exactly the same and the root ID also.

W&B
        Eric

This leads me to think a hardware problem but what? DUNNO !!!
        I agree and TD may also remember prior to 6202 with the title "Night at The Museum". he could open that disc and it crashed Fab for me. We compared settings = no difference...I even installed the same os he has win 7 32bit = no difference. So he suggested it was simply different hardware = mother boards, video cards, ect. I am sure it will be solved soon, just wait for the next beta and try again. (btw now when I try "Night at The Museum" Fab reports BD+ is not supported and I have "Juno" which has BD+ protection and it opens/rips fine)

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully Fengtao and Team will be able to figure this out for me. Any other ideas, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by eric_terminator View Post
            Thanks. Hopefully Fengtao and Team will be able to figure this out for me. Any other ideas, please let me know.
            OK one more idea, I have another piece of software that sometimes and don't know why will not open, I don't un-install, all I do is reinstall then it opens up and does what it's supposed to do, so if you have kept the software try reinstalling it right over the existing software, then try your rip and let me know what your results were please.

Comment

Hi Touchdown_1, tried that. No change. Any other ideas?

Comment

Well maybe one, and that would be to completely uninstall and reinstall, and if that doesn't do it then my last thoughts would be a hardware conflict possibly, let me know if that helped.

Comment

Touchdown_1, I tried uninstall and reinstall. No difference. I am wondering where the hardware conflict is coming from. Besides, WHY does ONE of the BD title works but NOT the other 3 that I mentioned? What is why I'm puzzled by this one?

Comment

Hi eric_terminator,
                    I don't know, I haven't seen your computer, so from this side it's pretty much a shot in the dark.
                    you say your video drivers are all up to date,
                    is this a commercial bought PC, or home built ?
                    it could be a memory issue, there is a way to test for memory issues I will post the link here
                    MemTest86 is the original self booting memory testing software for x86 and ARM computers. Supporting both BIOS and UEFI, with options to boot from USB.

run this if you think there could be that problem
                    and you said your drivers were all current, so give me a reply to the above questions, and also make sure your vid. card is seated properly, as well as your RAM.
                    also it might not be a bad idea to run some anti-virus and malware software , malwarebytes is a good freebie, and avira free is a good anti-virus, it wouldn't hurt to run these.
                    let me if any of this helped.
                    there is one more which is also free ccleaner run in reg. mode.
                    Last edited by touchdown_1; 11-18-2009, 12:14 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

I had no problem opening Gladiator.
                      No problem with No country/old men.
                      But then, I couldn't open older titles such as Requriem for a dream.

At this point there seems to be know rhyme nor reason as to why some
                      new films will open and some not.
                      The same can be said for older releases.

Comment

How true.

Comment

Hey touchdown

Not sure here but does studio make a difference?
                          Like on reg dvd's it seems like more Lionsgate had problems getting done than some of the other studios.
                          Just a thought.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
                          Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Hi bean,
                            Well I never really thought about it from that angle, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a studio issue.
                            But I am thinking it is more of a hardware issue, of the four that eric tried to backup, I have one that I backed up, yet he can't, and that is Dark Knight, they aren't BD+ encrypted, at least looking at the logs he provided shows no BD+ on them, so logically they should all open after the scan, he's up to date on all his hardware, so this one has me pulling my hair, it just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Well it was just a thought, I got me a standalone now ( for testing outcome ) and getting ready to jump in with both feet pretty soon.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
                              Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Congratulations bean, you will enjoy the BD difference

Comment

Working...
                                X