Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Touchdown_1, the computer is a Dell XPS 420 directly from Dell Corporation. It is a high end system (from two years ago) with Intel Core 2 Quad, 4 GB memory, Nvidia GeForce 8800GT graphics card (set to CUDA for DVDFab), 750GB hard drive, etc. I have uninstalled and restalled DVDFab, used antivirus and spyware software to remove any suspicious files, etc. Bottom line is that DVDFab opens just one of the four BD titles which I indicated previous that this is very strange. You were able to open Gladiator and Dukefame was able to open it as well. DVDFab DVD to DVD, DVD to mobile, both work PERFECTLY!!!!!! I use it all the time and I will continue to use it even for the Blu-ray titles. Any other ideas?

Comment

Princess Bride Region A still gives BD+ not supported message. Independence Day Region A reads the disc, attempts scanning of disc for compression, then crashes---I assume because it is also a BD+ disc ( I know that it has BD+ encryption).

Comment

I am sorry eric, but I am tapped out of ideas, there is no logical reason for it not to open, but it isn't and I don't have any other ideas.

@robertwayne64024, are you using version 6205, as that does not support BD +, take a step back to beta 6202, that did support BD+ and see if that works for you.

Comment

eric_terminator
          I had another thought do you have access to another PC per chance that you could try to rip your back ups to ?

Comment

I am using the beta for BD+. Happily Never After and League of Extraordinary Gentlmen have worked for me.

Comment

Hi Touchdown_1, I do have another computer - work laptop - unfortunately, it does NOT have the BD drive. Like I said, what's strange is that one of the BD media worked fine but not the other 3 that I mentioned. If one day when I format this computer back to its original state, I will only install DVDFab and see what happens. Any other ideas?? Fengtao asked the same questions as you did, especially if I have another computer with BD drive. What if I get an external BD drive and connect it to my computer? Do you think that would make sense to try it out? If so, can you recommend a good manufacturer for an external BD drive? Thank you for trying to help me!

Comment

Eric-

I am going to go on a limb and say it is your computer... I am able to rip Gladiator, though you do have to watch out for the Audio...

Comment

Originally posted by eric_terminator View Post
                  Hi Touchdown_1, I do have another computer - work laptop - unfortunately, it does NOT have the BD drive. Like I said, what's strange is that one of the BD media worked fine but not the other 3 that I mentioned. If one day when I format this computer back to its original state, I will only install DVDFab and see what happens. Any other ideas?? Fengtao asked the same questions as you did, especially if I have another computer with BD drive. What if I get an external BD drive and connect it to my computer? Do you think that would make sense to try it out? If so, can you recommend a good manufacturer for an external BD drive? Thank you for trying to help me!
                  Your are welcome,
                  off hand eric_terminator, I can't, as I am not familiar with to many external drives, internal yes, so I must say sorry I can not recommend any.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I downloaded and installed the latest version 6210. This time, instead of DVDFab to crash after scanning, it kept on scanning! It never opened the three out of four BD titles.

In other words:

I was able to get ONE out of four BD movies to be read/scanned.

Journey to the Center of the Earth (with Brendan Fraser) - able to read / scan. No problems. I went to the Info screen and it recognized the disk and said that the title was not BD+ protected and DVDFab removed the AACS protection and it opened the movie without any problems.

Total Recall - DVDFab kept on scanning. Never crashed and it did not open after 5 minutes. Then I clicked on Cancel and went to the Info screen. It recognized the disk and said that the title was not BD+ protected and DVDFab removed the AACS protection. But it did not open the movie.

The Dark Knight - DVDFab kept on scanning. Never crashed and it did not open after 5 minutes. Then I clicked on Cancel and went to the Info screen. It recognized the disk and said that the title was not BD+ protected and DVDFab removed the AACS protection. But it did not open the movie.

Gladiator - DVDFab kept on scanning. Never crashed and it did not open after 5 minutes. Then I clicked on Cancel and went to the Info screen. It recognized the disk and said that the title was not BD+ protected and DVDFab removed the AACS protection. But it did not open the movie.

Before, DVDFab crashed after scanning.

Any ideas??????

Thanks, Eric

Comment

Working...
                    X