Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best practices Blu-Ray copy main movie

Hi,

I've tried searching the forum and reading the tutorials but cannot find much resolve. I'm usually quite savvy with these things. Now to I copy a blu ray movie to drive HDD from blu-ray copy menu and end up with a large m2ts file on my drive but I don't know what to do next. What I want to do is compress the large file down to fit on a 26 gb bd-r disc but how do I do it? What's the next step to get it to compress it to fit on disc and then burn it to BD-R so I can watch it on my tv. I've used the blu ray copy function and that works great as long as it doesn't require compression. Can someone please help me or give me a link to a tutorial that explains it. I'm a newbie and I can't figure this out. I've read through the forum and googled it and I hate having to ask how to do it. Thanks.

Andy

Originally posted by ajo1999 View Post
    Hi,

I've tried searching the forum and reading the tutorials but cannot find much resolve. I'm usually quite savvy with these things. Now to I copy a blu ray movie to drive HDD from blu-ray copy menu and end up with a large m2ts file on my drive but I don't know what to do next. What I want to do is compress the large file down to fit on a 26 gb bd-r disc but how do I do it? What's the next step to get it to compress it to fit on disc and then burn it to BD-R so I can watch it on my tv. I've used the blu ray copy function and that works great as long as it doesn't require compression. Can someone please help me or give me a link to a tutorial that explains it. I'm a newbie and I can't figure this out. I've read through the forum and googled it and I hate having to ask how to do it. Thanks.

Andy
    No problem! Here are the steps half of which you are already doing, copy the entire movie 50GB to the HDD then put that 50GB folder as the source and make the HDD the target again and select movie only. Pretty simple you let the software do all the compression on the HDD to save wear and tear and time! Most people use ImgBurn and you can use it stand alone or with the software. To use stand alone when Fab is done load up ImgBurn and select write files and folders navigate to the place you saved the compressed movie it will be under main movie select the BMDV file it will ask if you want to include the certificate and say yes and burn away!
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Thanks!

Okay, that's the one option I didn't try didn't think it would work that way. Thanks again for your time and post. Have a great weekend!

Comment

so you use Fab to extract to the HDD at 50gb and 25gb if using single layer disc? Then use another img burn to burn? Not DVD Fab?

Comment

if you copy the full 50mb to hdd first then compress from hdd to disk. saves a LOT of wear and tear on your blu ray drive

Comment

Originally posted by amdowney View Post
            so you use Fab to extract to the HDD at 50gb and 25gb if using single layer disc? Then use another img burn to burn? Not DVD Fab?
            Well no. Almost all movies are 25-50GB so you just leave the setting at the bottom to 50GB and copy the entire movie to the HDD. There will be no compression because you are copying the entire movie, then you select your options e.g. main movie only, 50GB to 25GB. You do all compression on the HDD so you don't burn out your BD writer and its quicker. Fab will make another folder with what you just did. Now ImgBurn works fine with Fab but doing it this way ImgBurn will not open because both times you selected the HDD so you just use ImgBurn as a stand alone burner.
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

OK, so the in built 'Write Data' feature of DVD Fab uses ImgBurn? (Not got that far yet).

Power2Go came with my LG Writer will that do as a stand alone burner do you know?

Ta

Ah, I see the drop down in the options, so what's wrong with the VSO engine which is built in I guess?

It's still taking 3 hours by the looks of it to compress just over 25gb to within 25gb on the HDD..

Comment

@amdowney
                I have merged several of your posts. Please collect your thoughts a little better before posting.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by amdowney View Post
                  OK, so the in built 'Write Data' feature of DVD Fab uses ImgBurn? (Not got that far yet).

Power2Go came with my LG Writer will that do as a stand alone burner do you know?

Ta

Ah, I see the drop down in the options, so what's wrong with the VSO engine which is built in I guess?

It's still taking 3 hours by the looks of it to compress just over 25gb to within 25gb on the HDD..

Yes "Write Data" will open ImgBurn and I think which ever engine you have selected, I only use ImgBurn so I know it opens it for sure. Nothing is wrong with the VSO but ImgBurn seems to work the best! Its a free download and LightningUK provides excellent support! If you plan on making BR's with out problems then use ImgBurn and you will be fine! As for the 3hr compress are you compressing on the HDD? can you post the log of the movie you are having issues with?

Comment

Hi amdowney
                    ImgBurn must be installed separately and is "free", you will find a tutorial on setting it up with Fab here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=33 , remember to set up the AWS in ImgBurn and set your speed to 1/2 the rated speed of your disc's.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for your help guys, I'm almost there.

I have compressed the movie to within 25gb and installed ImgBurn, which I need to run manually now you say.

Just using 'write files/folders to disc' in ImgBurn? There is no ISO to use is there?
                      Last edited by amdowney; 03-20-2011, 01:32 AM.

Comment

How to write a Blu-ray Video disc using ImgBurn

Comment

Working...
                        X