This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
    Crazyhorse processor would be considered bottle neck. AMD 4800+ Dual Core CPU simply won't cut it. Consider investing in quad or six core. Also if you gone run on software instead of cuda and ati stream. Going with intel is better. As intel processor support instructions which will greatly benefit encoder.
    i have never had a bottleneck with this CPU on anything I do or did. I Could write and rip 3 DVD-r DL's at the same time and in the backgounrd I had other programs running with no speed affects including DVD Shrink.
    As for getting another processor, that would mean another motherboard, a full XP indtsllstion and reinstalling all of my software. I am not prepared to go through all that time and expense just so I can backup/burn a Blu Ray or 20

Comment

Originally posted by crazyhorse View Post
      i have never had a bottleneck with this CPU on anything I do or did. I Could write and rip 3 DVD-r DL's at the same time and in the backgounrd I had other programs running with no speed affects including DVD Shrink.
      As for getting another processor, that would mean another motherboard, a full XP indtsllstion and reinstalling all of my software. I am not prepared to go through all that time and expense just so I can backup/burn a Blu Ray or 20
      It's inevitable, my friend. I just bit the bullet earlier this year as you can see my PC rig breakdown in my signature. It is a must when it comes to video copying/transcoding as the incremental speed boosts are worth the price in my opinion.

Comment

Shrinking blu-ray is more demanding than shrinking dvd. it doesn't matter if you were doing three dvd or ten at the same time. The fact remain that processing blu-ray need more processing power than dvd.
        If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Hawk is actually correct, if writing dvds and your drive is using dma and not pio then there won't be any cpu bottleneck but your drives themselves is the bottleneck. Can't compare dvd to bluray as far as performance because both use different compression engines. If compressing blurays and your not satisfied with the speeds you'll need to pony up and get a faster cpu and all that goes with it.

Comment

Ok.
            I get the message now guys, thank you to all who have helped me, especially Zoe who must think I'm a nutcase
            As I said the first compression I did took roughly 8 hours. But, I did notice one thing. A little prompt box came up when I went to write the data to the BDR. It said something like (can't remember exatcly!) : This disc is dual layer. Write single layer to disc?
            I clicked yes because it was my first test burn....It burnt fine in 28 minutes.
            Does this mean the blank bdr was 50gb?? The pack is labelled as BD-R 4X 25GB. There is nothing on the discs themselves because they are printable media.

Comment

Ok.
              I get the message now guys, thank you to all who have helped me, especially Zoe who must think I'm a nutcase
              As I said the first compression I did took roughly 8 hours. But, I did notice one thing. A little prompt box came up when I went to write the data to the BDR. It said something like (can't remember exatcly!) : This disc is dual layer. Write single layer to disc?
              I clicked yes because it was my first test burn....It burnt fine in 28 minutes.
              Does this mean the blank bdr was 50gb?? The pack is labelled as BD-R 4X 25GB. There is nothing on the discs themselves because they are printable media.
              No problem glad to help as other members on the board have done for me!! The pop up you saw was saying that you put in a DL disc when only a SL disc was needed. Are you using Optical Quantum media? Also when you see that pop up don't worry it will burn fine. The only thing that takes time in the whole process is compressing! I always do the same thing main movie no compressing because I write to 50GB BDRE disc's so the copying time to the HDD is always the same and the writing at 2x is always the same its about an 1hr and 30min start to finish for me.
              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

No It's not an Optical Quantum disc, can't seem to get them in the UK.
                Is the BDR a 25fb DL or a 50gb? I have done a quick search and can't find any 25gb DL BDR's.
                I'm not worried about the pop up, what I'm asking really is can a BDR25gb be dual layer, are they made this way or have I stumbled upon a cheap supply of 50gb BDR's.
                I am findining it strange that I could burn a 24gb movie to a disc and it was only using one layer when there were 2. If there's 2 layers would that make it 2 layers of 25gb and so in actual fact be a 50gb BDR ?

Comment

No It's not an Optical Quantum disc, can't seem to get them in the UK.
                  Is the BDR a 25fb DL or a 50gb? I have done a quick search and can't find any 25gb DL BDR's.
                  I'm not worried about the pop up, what I'm asking really is can a BDR25gb be dual layer, are they made this way or have I stumbled upon a cheap supply of 50gb BDR's.
                  I am findining it strange that I could burn a 24gb movie to a disc and it was only using one layer when there were 2. If there's 2 layers would that make it 2 layers of 25gb and so in actual fact be a 50gb BDR ?
                  No 25GB are single layer and 50GB are dual layer and BDXL are 100GB triple and 128GB quad layer. The pop up is saying that you are putting in a 50GB disc when you only need a 25GB. I asked about the OQ disc because I used them before and got the same error message. I have not received it since going to TDK. Its a weird issue and I was looking for a pattern that it might just be the media. I don't know if its a bug or what.
                  For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Diablozoe it is OQ that gives that message. Everytime I insert one I get it, i even get it with Vinpower ones. never got it with a standard BD from verbatim but when I use the LTH's I do.
                    Lancool K-56 case.
                    OCZ 700watt PSU.
                    MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                    AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                    ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                    16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                    OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                    WD 2TB.
                    EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                    LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Hawk why you draggin AMD down I know most prefer Intel for video encoding but seriously I have backed up many BD's in an hour or less under the BD50. Thats with my AMD Phenom II Black Edition X4 955 3.2ghz processor with no OCing it and 4gb of ram and a Geforce 210 graphics card.

But seriously Crazyhorse update to a quad or hex core and you will see the difference.
                      Lancool K-56 case.
                      OCZ 700watt PSU.
                      MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                      AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                      ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                      16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                      OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                      WD 2TB.
                      EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                      LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Originally posted by unknownbluray View Post
                        Hawk why you draggin AMD down I know most prefer Intel for video encoding but seriously I have backed up many BD's in an hour or less under the BD50. Thats with my AMD Phenom II Black Edition X4 955 3.2ghz processor with no OCing it and 4gb of ram and a Geforce 210 graphics card.

But seriously Crazyhorse update to a quad or hex core and you will see the difference.
                        Intel processor support SSE 4.2 instructions set which greatly aid in encoding.
                        If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

I have run onto this b 4. I bought some blu ray on ebay 25 gig. they were 9.95 for 10 which was reasonable. when I compressed to 25 gig and wrote to disk it would say that it was a dual layer disk. I called the guy I bought them from and he told me that the company that made them bar coded them as dl when they wernt so they dumped about 10,000 disks cheap. I bought 100 of them and have gone through about half and have had no problems. just dont try to use them as dl, about half way through the burn you will get an error and it will quit. they are optical quantum bd-r inkjet writable $9.95 with free shipping.

Comment

Working...
                          X