Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compression and set up questions?

I am running: Windows Vista Home Premium with a Amd Athlon(tm) Dual Core
    Processor 4050e. It has 3.00 GB Ram and Graphic card:NVIDIA GeForce 6150se nForse 430. My writer is a LG Wh10ls30 with the lastest firmware update installed. I have 200 gb of free space on my hard drive. I have latest version of DvdFab blu ray copy installed.I have backed up main movie options with very little problem. The issue I am trying to understand is when I take a 50gb disc or a file on my hard drive and try to compress it to a 25gb using dvdfab blu ray copy it takes anywhere from 5 to 8 hours to copy and compress. Is this the norm for my system? I usually only back up the main movie but sometimes do want a full disc. Please advise the best way for me to do this in laymans terms. I get conflicting suggestions as to how to set up the Dvdfab A/VCodec. Dvdfab support say that i should disable Gpu Codecs and have the video decoder all list "Software". I have reset my DMA also.Do I enable lightning recoding?
    On the thread..."v8.1.0.1 Qt Beta Copy Problems With DVDFab" DizzyDaft gives different set up instructions and I am confused as to what will work best.I want to keep all the hd main audio for I am an audiophile and really like the best sound available. Looking for information on how to make my system and Dvdfab bluray copy run the most efficiently possible. I have no problem with the writing of the discs. I am using the vso burning engine and have left the write speed at "recommended."Should I change this? Usually takes 45 minutes or so to write and finalize. I've been using Verbatim rewrite discs for tests to avoid coasters.Thanks in advance for guidance!

Your two attempts to hijack another members thread with this problem have been deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by unclebubbies View Post
      I am running: Windows Vista Home Premium with a Amd Athlon(tm) Dual Core
      Processor 4050e. It has 3.00 GB Ram and Graphic card:NVIDIA GeForce 6150se nForse 430. My writer is a LG Wh10ls30 with the lastest firmware update installed. I have 200 gb of free space on my hard drive. I have latest version of DvdFab blu ray copy installed.I have backed up main movie options with very little problem. The issue I am trying to understand is when I take a 50gb disc or a file on my hard drive and try to compress it to a 25gb using dvdfab blu ray copy it takes anywhere from 5 to 8 hours to copy and compress. Is this the norm for my system? I usually only back up the main movie but sometimes do want a full disc. Please advise the best way for me to do this in laymans terms. I get conflicting suggestions as to how to set up the Dvdfab A/VCodec. Dvdfab support say that i should disable Gpu Codecs and have the video decoder all list "Software". I have reset my DMA also.Do I enable lightning recoding?
      On the thread..."v8.1.0.1 Qt Beta Copy Problems With DVDFab" DizzyDaft gives different set up instructions and I am confused as to what will work best.I want to keep all the hd main audio for I am an audiophile and really like the best sound available. Looking for information on how to make my system and Dvdfab bluray copy run the most efficiently possible. I have no problem with the writing of the discs. I am using the vso burning engine and have left the write speed at "recommended."Should I change this? Usually takes 45 minutes or so to write and finalize. I've been using Verbatim rewrite discs for tests to avoid coasters.Thanks in advance for guidance!
      Your system is a bit on the slow side. OK so set all your codecs to software and uncheck lightning encoding. Set you source to be you burner and your target will be your HDD choose you options main move or full disc if you are burning to a BD no need to make an ISO. Make sure you let the disc fully analyze and then hit the start button. Once the process is done and it should not take to long because you are just backing up the movie to the HDD when this is all done you will now be ready to do the compression on the HDD. This is done by making the source the folder you just wrote and the target will be the same place hit start and let it compress the result you will burn to the BD! Using BDRE media is a good choice!
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Hi unclebubbies
        As DiabloZoe has said your system is not very powerful.

You referred to DizzyDaft's thread about set up, and yours will not be set up that way, you will select Software

Reason being is that the OP has an Intel Core i7 processor and also a high end NVidia card, you are using a lower end dual core processor and an on-board video card.

You may be able to help your speed by installing a Quad core processor and also a good video card.

Hope this helps

CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

This is done by making the source the folder you just wrote and the target will be the same place hit start and let it compress the result you will burn to the BD!
          Confused! I know how to back up a disc to the hdd and then make it the source. But your above line says that I am to make the exact file the target for compression too? I don't create a different file for the target than the source? Please explain.

You may be able to help your speed by installing a Quad core processor and also a good video card.
          I'm not informed enough computer wise to know how to do this instruction or even what or where to buy these items to make my computer faster and more efficient.

Grunon...being new to this Forum I apologize. I didn't conciously try to hijack anything. Just looking for answers to my problems. I was directed to start a new thread and that's what i did.
          Last edited by IPopov50; 06-29-2011, 01:22 AM. Reason: marked quotes

Comment

Confused! I know how to back up a disc to the hdd and then make it the source. But your above line says that I am to make the exact file the target for compression too? I don't create a different file for the target than the source? Please explain.

I'm not informed enough computer wise to know how to do this instruction or even what or where to buy these items to make my computer faster and more efficient.

Grunon...being new to this Forum I apologize. I didn't conciously try to hijack anything. Just looking for answers to my problems. I was directed to start a new thread and that's what i did.
            Don't worry we are gonna help you out with this! The first time you copy to the HDD this is an uncompressed back up of the movie with no protection I forgot to mention down at the bottom make sure you have BD50 selected so there will be no compression. Now this file you just made is gonna be your source and you will target you HDD again and select BD25 at the bottom to do your compression and let the system do the rest! What my friend CBR929 is saying that to get optimal backup and compression times you are in need of a system upgrade e.g. New processor 4 or 6 cores a better video card more memory and if you HDD is 5400 rpm then jumping to a 7200 rpm will help out to! Now if you have computer build questions post them in The General Question forum here!
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I understand most of what I'm being instructed to do. The thing that I'm unclear about is...after I copy my 50 gb disc to the hard drive I make that folder the source in dvdfab.Change the bottom to 25gb then I compress the source iso into the target using the same iso folder? I don't make a different named folder for the compressed version? So if that' correct I'm really writing over the 50 gb folder and making it a 25gb folder? So instead of 2 folders with the same movie in them (one compressed and one full) I'll just have the compress folder on my harddrive when dvdfab is finished? Please advise. Thanks.

Comment

I understand most of what I'm being instructed to do. The thing that I'm unclear about is...after I copy my 50 gb disc to the hard drive I make that folder the source in dvdfab.Change the bottom to 25gb then I compress the source iso into the target using the same iso folder? I don't make a different named folder for the compressed version? So if that' correct I'm really writing over the 50 gb folder and making it a 25gb folder? So instead of 2 folders with the same movie in them (one compressed and one full) I'll just have the compress folder on my harddrive when dvdfab is finished? Please advise. Thanks.
                Yes you will writing over the file! Also if you are burning to a BD you do not need to write an ISO

Comment

"Also if you are burning to a BD you do not need to write an ISO "

Please explain. I have been told with my system that it would be best to compress the file on the hdd. My end purpose is to burn a BD. What do You mean I don't need to write an ISO?

Comment

"Also if you are burning to a BD you do not need to write an ISO "

Please explain. I have been told with my system that it would be best to compress the file on the hdd. My end purpose is to burn a BD. What do You mean I don't need to write an ISO?
                    When you burn a disc you don't need to write an ISO most people write an ISO to play on the computer with power DVD or what ever the other computer players are called. Are you using ImgBurn to burn to a BD?
                    Last edited by DiabloZoe; 06-29-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

No Ive been using the Dvdfab program to burn. Don't I have to compress on the hardrive if I'm backing up a BD 50 to a blank Bd25?

Comment

No Ive been using the Dvdfab program to burn.
                        No, you didn't. DVDFab doesn't have built-in burning engine, it uses one of three "contractors" - VSO (default), ImgBurn (recommended) and Nero (twisted choice for few).

Don't I have to compress on the hardrive if I'm backing up a BD 50 to a blank Bd25?
                        Yes. Not "have to", but highly recommended
                        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have been using Vso burn engine. So after I back up the BD50 to my hdd and then compress it with dvdfab blu ray copy to the same folder (compressed to BD25). I will try to burn using the IMGburn engine. Never used this program before. Can someone give me guidance on how to proceed to burn a bd25 disc? How should I set up IMGburn to back up a Bd25?
                          Do I write image file to disc? Or "write files/folders to disc"? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I hit the help button but could not find anything about Blu Ray backup? Sorry I'm so dense but I am new to this program. And as you can tell by this thread that I get easily confused.

Comment

I have been using Vso burn engine. So after I back up the BD50 to my hdd and then compress it with dvdfab blu ray copy to the same folder (compressed to BD25). I will try to burn using the IMGburn engine. Never used this program before. Can someone give me guidance on how to proceed to burn a bd25 disc? How should I set up IMGburn to back up a Bd25?
                            Do I write image file to disc? Or "write files/folders to disc"? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I hit the help button but could not find anything about Blu Ray backup? Sorry I'm so dense but I am new to this program. And as you can tell by this thread that I get easily confused.
                            If you look in CBR929's sig. You will find a link to setting up ImgBurn to work with Fab.

Comment

Can someone give me guidance on how to proceed to burn a bd25 disc? How should I set up IMGburn to back up a Bd25?
                              Here:
                              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                              X