Convert DTS/LPCM Audio to AC3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert DTS/LPCM Audio to AC3

I just noticed this when trying to backup a Blu-Ray. It says Convert DTS/LPCM Audio to AC3.
    As far as I know, I don't want this. I want the DTS/LPCM to remain as-is. Is there any way to turn this off?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by zimdba View Post
    I just noticed this when trying to backup a Blu-Ray. It says Convert DTS/LPCM Audio to AC3.
    As far as I know, I don't want this. I want the DTS/LPCM to remain as-is. Is there any way to turn this off?

Thanks.
    If you notice there is no checkbox for this. When the need arises and you don't want it or want it, uncheck or check it.
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

also confused what this means

Comment

Originally posted by jumaine View Post
        also confused what this means
        Hi,

When you copy as BD50 or compress as bd25, not need convert DTS/LPCM to AC-3, no check box for the option. But when compress to bd9 or bd5, you could check or uncheck the option. Better to convert to AC-3 when compress to bd9&bd5, because of the LPCM audio size is so big!
        Hope this help you!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

For BD5/BD9 output, it's actually AVCHD format, it doesn't support DTS/LPCM from specification, so we need convert it to AC3, although some players support DTS/LPCM for BD5/BD9, so you need check it on your player and decide.

Also, converting to AC3 saves more space for video stream.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I don't think this option is working correctly at all...

I've attempted several backups now to both BD9 & BD25 - regardless of the audio options set the resulting output is ALWAYS AC3...

...which I don't want.....and previously I've never had this issue...

This would appear to be yet another of the 'bugs' introduced in these recent versions of the product...

The internal logs ALWAYS show this line, regardless of the settings within the program :-

14m 23.37s: CompressToAC3: 1

Please fix this....

Comment

It will be fixed in next beta, please wait for several days.
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Please download and install the lastest beta build 8117, the issue is fixed.

Wilson
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

Confirmed as working with 8.1.1.7 - many thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately, this did not work for me in the 8.1.1.7 or 8.1.1.8 Betas nor the recently released 8.1.2.0. I should note that I'm not trying to back it up to a BD-50 or BD-25. I'm using Blu-ray Copy to copy to a hard drive folder. It doesn't matter if I'm using a folder or ISO output. Under settings I have "BD50" as the default output size.
                    This is true for the 2 movies I tried to back up: Soul Surfer and Silence of the Lambs SE.
                    Last edited by zimdba; 09-17-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Doesn't work for me either in these releases!

Originally posted by zimdba View Post
                      Unfortunately, this did not work for me in the 8.1.1.7 or 8.1.1.8 Betas nor the recently released 8.1.2.0. I should note that I'm not trying to back it up to a BD-50 or BD-25. I'm using Blu-ray Copy to copy to a hard drive folder. It doesn't matter if I'm using a folder or ISO output. Under settings I have "BD50" as the default output size.
                      This is true for the 2 movies I tried to back up: Soul Surfer and Silence of the Lambs SE.

Comment

It appeared to me while encoding that the AC3 conversion was proceeding, but playing back several ISO's I've used the "main movie" option on, it appears the audio was set as DTS Master. Many of them were not compressed, so there was a straight copy, but a few were compressed. I played back with Total Media Theatre 5.

Comment

Hi otis and zimdba,

Compress DTS/LPCM to AC-3 only work when you compressing bd50 to bd9 & bd5 and also need check check-box of "Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC-3" option.

When copy to bd50 & bd25, dvdfab won't compress DTS/LPCM to AC-3.
                          Hope this help you!

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Excuse me, and why on the last screen of dvdfab (before start the conversion)appear the voice Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC-3 and we can't remove it? It's only a general warning for bd 5 and bd 9 ? If we transform the main movie in a bd 25 gb, the audio is always in dts hd or other hi quality format despite the voice Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC-3 appear ??

Comment

Originally posted by peris View Post
                              Excuse me, and why on the last screen of dvdfab (before start the conversion)appear the voice Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC-3 and we can't remove it? It's only a general warning for bd 5 and bd 9 ? If we transform the main movie in a bd 25 gb, the audio is always in dts hd or other hi quality format despite the voice Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC-3 appear ??
                              What are you not understanding here?? There is no check box for this option!There for it is not selected and the option is not available!

Last edited by DiabloZoe; 09-19-2011, 03:42 PM.
                              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                              X