No announcement yet.

Convert DTS/LPCM Audio to AC3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My screenshot differs a bit from yours DiabloZoe. Mine is the exact same as in the original post and remains unchanged. There is no checkbox - I just take this as a dialogue to tell me that it's converting LCPM to AC3 and there's not a thing I can do about it.

Wilson, please reread above. I am copying the blu-ray uncompressed to a hard drive folder. There is no BD5/BD9 conversion set or wanted.

Thanks.

Comment

Dear Diablo, you have posting a image of version 8.0.1.5 i have used version of dvdfab 8.1.1.2 and in my version there is a voice that you not have on your pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by zimdba View Post
        My screenshot differs a bit from yours DiabloZoe. Mine is the exact same as in the original post and remains unchanged. There is no checkbox - I just take this as a dialogue to tell me that it's converting LCPM to AC3 and there's not a thing I can do about it.

Wilson, please reread above. I am copying the blu-ray uncompressed to a hard drive folder. There is no BD5/BD9 conversion set or wanted.

Thanks.
        You are miss understanding!!! This is not selected if there is no check box!! And it is not converting!! If the check box appears and gives you the option to check or uncheck, leaving a check in the box would make it perform this task! You see from the screen shot there are 2 options to create a protected disc and virtual drive. Because these options are displayed does not mean thats what is gonna happen its letting me know these 2 options are unavailable!
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by peris View Post
          Dear Diablo, you have posting a image of version 8.0.1.5 i have used version of dvdfab 8.1.1.2 and in my version there is a voice that you not have on your pictures.
          There is a voice?? Does not matter the version.
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
            You are miss understanding!!! This is not selected if there is no check box!! And it is not converting!! If the check box appears and gives you the option to check or uncheck, leaving a check in the box would make it perform this task! You see from the screen shot there are 2 options to create a protected disc and virtual drive. Because these options are displayed does not mean thats what is gonna happen its letting me know these 2 options are unavailable!
            I get what you are saying *now*. Still it seems like a really odd UI choice to display that when it's not relevant. I'll re-rip and check out the resulting file with MediaInfo.

Comment

So here's what MediaInfo has to say. I can only imagine that since it's ~1500Kbps audio that it's LPCM

Audio
              ID : 4352 (0x1100)
              Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
              Format : DTS
              Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
              Format profile : MA / Core
              Muxing mode : Stream extension
              Codec ID : 134
              Duration : 1h 46mn
              Bit rate mode : Variable
              Bit rate : 1 561 Kbps / 1 510 Kbps
              Channel(s) : 6 channels
              Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
              Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
              Bit depth : 24 bits
              Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy

Comment

Format : DTS
                Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
                Format profile : MA / Core
                Bit rate : 1 561 Kbps / 1 510 Kbps
                Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
                that's Dts "core" you have there...you must have the "Remove HD audio" selected.

make sure you do not have this checked.
                Last edited by crackinhedz; 09-20-2011, 12:33 AM.

Comment

It's unchecked.
                  Attached Files

Comment

what about here when you are in the process of setting up...

Comment

looking around google I foudn a few posts about MediaInfo not showing Dts-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD correctly...could be the problem?

where are you having an issue, during playback?

Its definitely not converting to AC3, so that's not an issue.

Comment

when you copy your movie to the Hard Drive, try re-opening up with fab (your folder, not the bluray disc)...what audio does it show?

Comment

Sorry, I'm still giggling at 3 straight posts of your icon.

Seriously, I didn't show it in that last screenshot but the box is available to be checked, but it is not. It's unchecked.

So sanity check: Does this disc even have LCPM? Am I getting geeked up about nothing? I want it ripped to my hard drive folder exactly as it is on the disc - no conversion, no compression, no nothing.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, here's the HD folder.
                            Attached Files

Comment

No, your disc has Dts-HD Master Audio...no "Uncompressed PCM" audio (like in my screen shot)

Uncompressed PCM, Dts-HD MA & Dolby TrueHD audio are all Lossless audio...aka the best.

Comment

now for playback, you will need a receiver that can decode Dts-HD MA, or a player that can decode...and via HDMI.

(if not, you will simply get the Dts core)
                                Last edited by crackinhedz; 09-20-2011, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X