ImgBurn and VSO Not Burning Properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RClark View Post
    Well you're having problems now aren't you? Do a search for other media that people have reported having success with if you choose to ignore what has already been suggested to you.
    This is going to sound crazy, but I've been having success with Ritek discs for a long time - until recently. It's not that I'm choosing to ignore what others have suggested, which is anything but Ritek discs, but I just cannot figure out why I should ditch these discs since they have a good track record with my equipment. No kidding...

I have a feeling the problem lies with ImgBurn more so than with DVDFab or VSO burning engine since I was able to burn a film I had left on the hard drive (one that had been copied with version 8.0.8.5) by using the VSO burning engine that came with version 8129 Qt Beta. Go figure.

I'll do a search and see if I can come up with something better that isn't going to cost me just as much as if I had purchased another copy of the studio BD.

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

Comment

It is not uncommon common to get some bad disc's, which it looks like you might have! Here are a few things you can do to rule out your issues. pick up some better media I suggest a BDRE like TDK or Verbatim, make sure nothing is running in the back ground and make sure your disc is completely clean. Try this and post your results
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Perhaps something else to consider...
        It's not only the inital playback/quality of the burned disc, but the longevity of the blank media itself.

I don't know how long you've been burning BDs, but you may get a nasty surprise on a 6-12 month old, burned disc.

Understand, I'm not arguing that you're not getting good results.
        I would venture a guess that most of us have used marginal/crappy media and have had good results (bad too, no doubt).
        I'll spare you the "use only quality media " rant...

With respect to some other of your comments, this business of ripping/burning/converting, etc., is anything but static.
        Copy protections are constantly evolving, decrypting code changes (other software modifications/tweaks, and new features), burner/firmware,
        blank media (quality, manufacturers, raw materials, etc.,), hardware, yada, yada, yada.

From your perspective, it may look like nothing has changed, but the write strategy of last week, may not work this week.

I absolutely agree that the QT versions are not as stable/robust as the pre-QT versions. I have always kept a few "active" versions of Fab installed and ready
        and since the release of Fab QT, this makes even more sense; right now I have 6 versions of Fab installed.

I see all this as even more "reason" to use only quality media and adhere to "best practice".

Anyway, food for thought.
        Just my $.02.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
          Perhaps something else to consider...
          It's not only the inital playback/quality of the burned disc, but the longevity of the blank media itself.

I don't know how long you've been burning BDs, but you may get a nasty surprise on a 6-12 month old, burned disc.

Understand, I'm not arguing that you're not getting good results.
          I would venture a guess that most of us have used marginal/crappy media and have had good results (bad too, no doubt).
          I'll spare you the "use only quality media " rant...

With respect to some other of your comments, this business of ripping/burning/converting, etc., is anything but static.
          Copy protections are constantly evolving, decrypting code changes (other software modifications/tweaks, and new features), burner/firmware,
          blank media (quality, manufacturers, raw materials, etc.,), hardware, yada, yada, yada.

From your perspective, it may look like nothing has changed, but the write strategy of last week, may not work this week.

I absolutely agree that the QT versions are not as stable/robust as the pre-QT versions. I have always kept a few "active" versions of Fab installed and ready
          and since the release of Fab QT, this makes even more sense; right now I have 6 versions of Fab installed.

I see all this as even more "reason" to use only quality media and adhere to "best practice".

Anyway, food for thought.
          Just my $.02.
          Thank you. Your take on this issue is both concise and precise. I'll look around for blank BDs that don't cost as much as those preferred ones do now. Hope that I find them.

I also thank you for noting what I've been saying that these never versions of DVDFab are mostly problematic. Like you I also have about 5 different versions of the program just in case...

Comment

@bearlight
            In your movie master folder, what folders do you see? E.g. BDMV, CERTIFICATE... What else?
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
              @bearlight
              In your movie master folder, what folders do you see? E.g. BDMV, CERTIFICATE... What else?
              Actually I only see the two folders that you mentioned.

Sometimes I see others - can't remember which at this moment.

I don't know much about this, but I believe DVDFab copies from the Stream portion of the BDMV folder.

Should I pay attention to this? If so, please enlighten me.

Thank you.

Comment

After having some problems with BAD media -- I have started to burn my first try on a Verbatim BD-RE ---- so far I have re-used this disk maybe 20 times -- and if it burns fine I know the software is working OK

Not sure of your problem but I had a like problem with some Media I bought locally -- Kodak -- the Manf ID was OPT

once I stopped using it -- all was OK--- just try a Burn on some Great BD- RE Verbatim media and see what the results are

Comment

Originally posted by cwcarson View Post
                  After having some problems with BAD media -- I have started to burn my first try on a Verbatim BD-RE ---- so far I have re-used this disk maybe 20 times -- and if it burns fine I know the software is working OK

Not sure of your problem but I had a like problem with some Media I bought locally -- Kodak -- the Manf ID was OPT

once I stopped using it -- all was OK--- just try a Burn on some Great BD- RE Verbatim media and see what the results are
                  Thanks for your input. Where do I get Verbatim blank discs that are not those with the white tops, which I was advised by a member a long time ago to stay away from? Can you suggest some trustworthy online sites? Also, how about TDK?

Comment

TDK=SH1T, usually rebranded crap.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      I always though TDK were great discs and never had an issue with them! The TDK disc I have are identified as TDK in ImgBurn, but then I have some made by Mitsubishi too so......But I have never made a coaster with them!
                      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

A little while back, Fab quit burning completely. Two movies in a row would not burn at all. So I uninstalled fab, ran ccleaner (both remove junk files and ran the registry cleaner and then ran eusing registry cleaner. I then defragmented my hard drive. I then installed the latest version of fab at the time. Not one problem since. I do this process regularly. Hey, it worked for me. This may or may not help. Worth a try.

Comment

Not sure if Web sites allowed --- try rima com

they have Verbatum BD-RE without white tops ( I think Branded is the only option for BD-RE )
                          Last edited by cwcarson; 11-08-2011, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            Although I would certainly NOT subscribe to the notion that everything offered by TDK these days is a poor product, I seem to recall that TDK DID divest themselves of their media manufacturing facilities a number of years ago - and switched to putting their brand name on oem products.

I also have a small batch of Fujifilm BD-RE media that I picked up at a good price ($15 for a box of 5 in cases). I use them for test and temporary burns & they have worked perfectly for me multiple times so far (Lite-On BD burner).

I always use Imgburn by itself burning from a source on my hard disc - and it always works perfectly.
                            Last edited by Rich86; 11-08-2011, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearlight View Post
                              Thanks for your input. Where do I get Verbatim blank discs that are not those with the white tops, which I was advised by a member a long time ago to stay away from? Can you suggest some trustworthy online sites? Also, how about TDK?

Rima is a decent retailer...thanks to cwcarson for posting
                              Additionally, supermediastore, newegg and meritline are solid online retailers.

Meritline seems to get a bad rap once in a while, but is rated 9/10 or better by consumers.
                              In almost a decade, I've yet to have a bad experience.

Newegg is my favorite retailer on the planet.

Just look for the sales.
                              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Have you tried updating your video card firmware, I had issues with one or two films I tried to backup, then updated my firmware & everything was ok.Every film I throw at DVDfab using imgburn even with compression works fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X