X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 update & backups

Hi Guys
    I have done the ill fated PS3 update and my backups now dont work
    Do you lot think there will ever be a fix for this ?

maybe a thread on how to roll back the firmware on the PS3 to a time where it was working would restore some faith ??

Good look working on it, Keep us many PS3 owners in the loop please

Dex

I don't have a PS3, but the only method to do this that I've heard of is to use PS Jailbreak and PS Downgrade.
    It all comes at a stiff price.

Restore faith?...you mean in Fab?
    Try Sony, but good luck with that.
    Nothing against PS3 owners, it's a great game platform, but frankly, I'm surprised Fengtao still supports PS3 /Cinavia

JMO, but your time and $ is better spent by picking up a standalone player.

Anyway, good luck.

Comment

YES...buy a standalone...prices have come down.....for what you would spend for BD discs, they would easy buy one...I got a nice Toshiba for $65.00.

Comment

Yes, leave the PS3 for games and get a dedicated blu-ray player. Sony will always circumvent any encryption that's bypassed to protect their cash cow - their beloved PS3.

Comment

It's interesting to watch a company who lost something like $3 billion in their last fiscal year work so hard to feed their copy prevention paranoia and annoy their customers . . . the ones who mostly accounted for blu-ray winning out in the optical media HD format war. I love my 3 standalone Sony blu-ray players . . I have no intentions of ever replacing them and taking a chance on getting a cinavia infected processing board/firmware . . and I never purchase titles infected with cinavia . . . they are strictly rentals.

Comment

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble Rich86 but Cinava is not just on rental DVDs it’s on the ones you purchase as well, if used as protection schema. It only rears its ugly head when copied, if you play the original you’ll never know it’s there.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

In addition as time passes by more and more blu-ray will have cinavia detection built in to them.

All player made after FEB 01, 2012 are required to support cinavia or there is good chance AACS organzation will revkoe their license.

This apply to blu-ray player only.
              If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                It's interesting to watch a company who lost something like $3 billion in their last fiscal year work so hard to feed their copy prevention paranoia and annoy their customers . . . the ones who mostly accounted for blu-ray winning out in the optical media HD format war. I love my 3 standalone Sony blu-ray players . . I have no intentions of ever replacing them and taking a chance on getting a cinavia infected processing board/firmware . . and I never purchase titles infected with cinavia . . . they are strictly rentals.
                Yes, they're the ones that removed OtherOS for nothing really. The console got hacked *after*. I would not be too surprised if they remove the Blu-ray playback support all together at some point. I'm sure they'll find a "reason" :P

Ah, they also removed SACD, PS2 support, Card readers, USBs.... and the list is open
                Last edited by j&b; 02-11-2012, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Actually, j&b, Sony couldn't remove blu-ray support from the PS3 since their games are in that format.

Comment

Cinavia etc

From my previous posts regarding Cinavia etc, my present solution is to back-up the BD to my network drive as MKV and then play back via WDTV live - anything that is not Cinavia is ripped/backed-up to PS3 MP4 and played back via the PS3. The quality of the BD rip via the PS3 is really excellent and the quality of the MKV via the WDTV box is very good but somehow lacks the 'punch' that the PS3 quality has. So, the question is --- If 'eventually' all BD's will carry Cinavia protection, this will render my PS3 useless for playback via the network and leave me only with the WDTV box --- I know there have been other threads about this but is there a network 'player' is out there that is as good as the PS3 for quality of playback? All suggestions gratefully acknowledged -- Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      I hate to be the one to burst your bubble Rich86 but Cinava is not just on rental DVDs it’s on the ones you purchase as well, if used as protection schema. It only rears its ugly head when copied, if you play the original you’ll never know it’s there.
                      I'm not sure I understand your point. I'm well aware cinavia can be on retail sale BDs, which is why I avoid purchasing them. I'd rather spend my purchasing dollars on titles from studios who offer titles without corrupting the HD audio codec. My assumption is that Sony gives money away to Verance because they believe they will actually sell more copies of a title with the audio track gimped with cinavia corruption than without. So why not contribute to making the exact opposite happen - let cinavia corrupted titles sell less than other titles. Let new blu-ray players sales figures drop due to the inclusion of cinavia corrupted components and firmware. Let PS3 sales drop since it is no longer as flexible a media server as before now that it is declared an "untrusted source" by the folks who designed it, manufactured it, sold it and sold the titles PS3 folks would like to store and play from it. I do absolutely NO blind buys of Sony titles any more - and strictly rent them more often than not.
                      Last edited by Rich86; 02-12-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

This is what upsets me about this site and the people on it. I went and bought a stand alone players and the point is NOT spending more money and getting a different player.

The point is people here spend A LOT of money for DVDfab to work and it didnt. Then people get attacked but other people basically calling them cheap and buy a new player and dont use your PS3.

What happens when peoples stand alone players break and you can find one with out the protection. As of Feb 1st ALL BLU-RAY players will be forced to have the protection on it.

DVDfab DIDNT work and I paid a lot of money on it and that is a problem. When I emailed DVDfab I got an email saying go to the forum board and that upset me, just dont push me off to the boards.

When you put on your web site that you fixed the problem and that is a HUGE selling point and it doesnt work that is another problem.
                        "living the dream"

Comment

Hi RonnieC312
                          I do not know what your problem is, and why you are so upset.

Fab was the first program to allow you to backup your Blu-Ray that was infected with Cinavia to play back on a PS3.

Nobody is telling you to go out and buy a new player, only suggesting this as an option.

You want to Bitch, go on the Sony site and tell them how upset you are, they are the cause of all this Cinavia.

This will be your only warning about this rant, if it happens again you will have a vacation from this forum.
                          CBR929
                          Last edited by CBR929; 02-13-2012, 09:21 PM.
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by berdman View Post
                            YES...buy a standalone...prices have come down.....for what you would spend for BD discs, they would easy buy one...I got a nice Toshiba for $65.00.
                            What Toshiba do you have and
                            Where is the list on Blu-ray players that are not infected with Cinavia?
                            I would like to get a 3D one. Any help will be nice

Comment

Hi tommyboy714
                              You will find information about Cinavia movies and players here
                              Hope this helps
                              CBR929
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X