No announcement yet.

Lord Of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should probably re-explain since there's been repeat advice which I've already tried and has not been helpful.

I have played this disc in 3 different BD players - two Oppo players and my PS3. It loads and plays without a glitch on every one of them. However, when I try to get DVDFab to read the disc - which I've tried on 4 different computers to eliminate the possibility of it being a drive issue - I usually get the read errors that you saw. Twice I've had no read errors - after a very long read (you can see how long it was in my log), but when I tried to rip the disc, it froze at 49% and 48%. The disc was spotless to begin with, but I gave it a clean anyways (BTW Windex should really be avoided, as it can often leave residue; optical glass cleaner should only be used) with a microfiber rag, and had the same results.

I posted my log and you can see both the instance with the read error, and the instance without. I'm not sure what other info should would be useful, but I'd love to hear back from the mod who asked me to post the log info. The fact that others have had this problem as well further indicates that the issue is not isolated, and the fact that it plays just on numerous BD players tells me it's not a disc issue - or, if it is, it's certainly one that can be corrected for.
    Last edited by TheaterNut; 06-28-2013, 12:44 AM.

Comment

First off your using old Fab software please update to the new version.
      New! DVDFab 9.0.4.7 for Windows is out!

DVDFab 9.0.4.7 for Windows (June 26, 2013)

Fix: A decryption problem in certain cases.
      Fix: Cannot open older BD+ discs in certain cases

Comment

I updated as soon as it was available, with the same results as described above.

signals: haven't heard anything back since re-posting my log a couple days ago, have you taken a look at it yet?

Comment

Your blu ray drive is from 2008 read only no firmware updates were ever issued for it.The other 3 computers were they also vintage blu ray drives?
          Your trying to make a side by side 3d from a regular blu ray into a regular dvd so you can burn it on your non blu ray burner correct?

Just for your information playing back a disk on a blu ray player is a whole different story and cannot be compared to reading a blu ray to copy it.Also blu ray players can skip bad spots where encoding and decoding will choke on bad spots.

If their is only 1 deep scratch on the disk it will cause read errors and make it un copyable.If the disk has a paper stick on label on it it will make the disk unstable at high read speeds and cause read errors and destroy your drive in time.If the disk is left in the sun and warped this will cause read errors throw it out.Best advice is try another copy of the disk could be a defective disk.

Have you made any other blu rays to side by side 3d with this drive and Fab in the past? if so have you tried m2ts instead of mp4 profile?

Here is a link to customer support enclose newest logs with it or they will just tell you to use the new issue.
          Last edited by glenns; 06-29-2013, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X