Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big problem with new lionsgate titles. Won"t play in any computers full stop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big problem with new lionsgate titles. Won"t play in any computers full stop.

I’ve got exactly the same problem with 50/50 as I have had with Machine Gun Preacher. Please see link below:

Both these titles are Lionsgate releases. I have tried several different versions of DVDfab, as well as the beta v.8.1.7.2. . I posted a log on the above link in reference to Machine Gun Preacher 4 days ago. Nobody has got back to me.
    I think the log is no use, because DVDFab won’t even recognise the disc. It states “Please insert Blu-ray disc or choose Blu-ray folder/image file” when the disc is in the drive. It won’t auto start.
    Perhaps Lionsgate have manufactured these new titles to not play in any computer, full stop. It would be useful if someone could get back to me with an answer. DVDfab does not create a log because it won’t see the disc. The only log it produces is below. This is the log that is recorded every time DVDfab is opened; it’s not in reference to 50/50.

DVDFab 8.1.7.2 (2012/04/01 12:03:05)

0m 00.90s: GPUAccelerate: 0
    0m 00.90s: CUDA cap: 0
    0m 00.90s: Support coreavc decode: 0
    0m 00.90s: Graphics info: Parallels Video Adapter : :
    0m 00.90s: Qt Translator file load success
    0m 00.93s: Load config successful.
    0m 00.95s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
    0m 03.37s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
    0m 03.37s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 03.37s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:
    0m 03.57s: Config ExBar successful.
    0m 03.57s: dvd2dvd have 8 elements.
    0m 03.73s: dvd2mobile have 29 elements.
    0m 04.59s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 4 elements.
    0m 04.62s: blu-ray2mobile have 18 elements.
    0m 05.20s: blu-ray23d have 7 elements.
    0m 05.34s: blu-ray2dvd have 1 elements.
    0m 05.37s: file2mobile have 28 elements.
    0m 06.17s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
    0m 06.18s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
    0m 06.60s: Config work ui controls successful.
    0m 06.87s: Init burn engine successful.
    0m 06.90s: StartNotify successful.

Hi sherwood1948,
    As you said in http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16998, the disc can't be recognised by windows and mac system. Why should you think DVDFab can support it which the system can't?

Comment

Is there a fix for this? I made a backup image of 3musketeers and neither the 2d or 3d version gets buy this.. of my backups, this is the first to not work on my computer or my panny 3d settop player as well....

Comment

Originally posted by stumblinh View Post
        Is there a fix for this? I made a backup image of 3musketeers and neither the 2d or 3d version gets buy this.. of my backups, this is the first to not work on my computer or my panny 3d settop player as well....
        Please post the log for this movie, it's on your c drive under documents, DVDFab. Copy and paste the part of the log for this movie. Also make sure your are using the latest official Fab
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Hi terry5
          These new Lionsgate titles could potentially be devastating for DVDfab. If this new coding is the future for all blu-ray discs and they disable the computer, I do fear for the future of DVDfab.
          I thought I was being helpful, letting DVDFab know about this issue. I feel very sad that nobody from DVDfab has commented about my issue. I was hoping to hear from somebody, at the very least, to acknowledge this problem, and ensure their loyal customers that they are working on the issue.

Comment

Hi sherwood1948,
            Thanks for your support!
            More info are needed. How about other discs recognised by DVDFab with the same BD-ROM? I think it maybe the issue about the BD-ROM. If other discs are not recognised, please change another BD-ROM and then try it again.
            Wish it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by sherwood1948 View Post
              Hi terry5
              These new Lionsgate titles could potentially be devastating for DVDfab. If this new coding is the future for all blu-ray discs and they disable the computer, I do fear for the future of DVDfab.
              I thought I was being helpful, letting DVDFab know about this issue. I feel very sad that nobody from DVDfab has commented about my issue. I was hoping to hear from somebody, at the very least, to acknowledge this problem, and ensure their loyal customers that they are working on the issue.
              You do realize you are the only person having this issue? I have 50/50 backed up and it works fine! If you cannot open this disc in explorer it's not an issue with Fab!
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

XP system without a proper UDF 2.x parser?

Comment

I have managed to get my hands on a “Region A” version of “50/50” which is a Summit Entertainment release. It works. I have managed to back it up. I have also taken my “Lionsgate” version round to a friend’s house who has a Windows 7 machine and a internal Samsung Blu-ray drive, and guess what? - the same issue. The disc will not spin, and no log generated. I have watched the movie in a blu-ray player. The disc does not appear faulty. If All studios adopt this copy protection then it will become a DVDFab issue.
                  Last edited by sherwood1948; 04-06-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

It could be a bad press, there does not seem to be any posts referring to LG titles. And trust me there would be posting like crazy!! O I suggest taking it back to were you purchased it and get an exchange!
                    Last edited by DiabloZoe; 04-06-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

If it was a bad press, I’m sure it would not play in my Sony Blu-ray player. It plays fine as a Blu-ray movie. I have also mentioned another new Lionsgate release “Machine Gun Preacher” that shows exactly the same symptoms. These are two of Lionsgates latest releases. I would like to hear from people who have been successful in backing up these two UK titles. I would very much like to know what version of DVDFab was used. What operating system, and the make and model of Blu-ray drive please.
                      I am no stranger to DVDfab. I have purchased it the first year it was out, so I have pretty good knowledge about computers and this program.
                      I also have the Mac version of DVDFab, and I’m having the same issue with these two titles. I have three Blu-ray drives, two LG and a Pioneer. I have backed up several titles already this week without any issues. I think Lionsgate have employed a new copy protection on these two new titles.

Comment

Then you should know that the fact it plays in a set top player is completely meaningless. It doesn't mean it will backup.
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, I understand completely. This is why I think it is a new type of copy protection.
                          What are your thoughts on the issue I am having? Is it possible for DVDFab in China to get it’s hands on these two UK Lionsgate titles, and confirm that there is no problem?

Comment

Do not load DVDFab and put the disk in your BR drive, will windows explorer see the disk?
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Windows explorer will not see either of the two discs with DVDfab closed.
                              If I then start DVDFab, it will not open, until I eject the disc. The very second the disc tray opens, so does DVDfab. If you then put the disc back in with DVDfab now open, nothing happens. It states "Please insert Blu-ray disc". This also happens with the mac version as well, and the mac OS does not see the disc with DVDFab closed.
                              With v8.1.6.8. on a PC it now does something a little different than other older versions. When you insert the disc, the blue light on the drive starts to flash (This has not happened before), as if the drive is now reading the disc, but DVDFab and Windows explorer still does not see the disc, and still no log recorded.
                              Last edited by sherwood1948; 04-06-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X