Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big problem with new lionsgate titles. Won"t play in any computers full stop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Windows Explorer won't see the disk nothing will. Something else going on. What OS are you running?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I running XP on my Mac via Parallels. I have a Snow Leopard on my Mac. I know what you're thinking, but I have also tried these two titles on a friends Windows 7 32bit machine as well running v8.1.6.8. He has a Samsung BD drive. Got the same issues.

Comment

Very well but you are going to need a UDF reader for XP in any case.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I have the same issue as the poster, lionsgate disc wont read, tested on 50/50 and trespass. running windows home server 2011.
          any ideas?
          any other discs are fine, what the correlation between windows not seeing lionsgate discs or my burner for that matter
          Thanks

Comment

I'm having the same problem with Machine Gun Preacher UK version
            Both my Pioneer BDR-205 and BDR-207 can not read the disk
            Window OS can not see the diak in the Blu ray burners, yet the disk will play on my PS3 without any problems

Comment

Just a thought

Do you have HDCP compliant monitors? I remember some DVD's used to check to see if you had compliant hardware so you couldn't screen grab a movie and wouldn't play until the encryption / protection was removed. Maybe the BluRay is employing something similar but more extreme.

I did recently have a weird issue with the Say Anything 20th Anniversary BluRay where I could play it with my software player but DVDFab wouldn't recognize it no matter what I did. Probably a different issue but somewhat similar.

Comment

Working...
              X