blu ray copy crashes my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1- laptop-core i5 2.40 GHz processor, 8 gigs memory, win 7 64bit
    #2- desktop- AMD 64x2 dual core 2.60 GHz processor, 4 gigs memory, win 7 32 bit.

Have tried all suggestions. Everything works just fine until it starts compression, then they shut down. If I try to copy a bluray that needs no compression it works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bcingu813 View Post
      #2- desktop- AMD 64x2 dual core 2.60 GHz processor, 4 gigs memory, win 7 32 bit.

Have tried all suggestions. Everything works just fine until it starts compression, then they shut down. If I try to copy a bluray that needs no compression it works just fine.
      And this is with all DVDFab settings set to Software? If not, try that and report back.

To me it sounds like neither of those computers can encode blu-ray codecs. Have older versions of DVDFab worked and just the latest one doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by bcingu813 View Post

Do you copy the disc to the computer then compress on the HDD? What is the compression ratio?
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
          Do you copy the disc to the computer then compress on the HDD? What is the compression ratio?
          Actually, it looks like the OP is compressing from the original disc.

@bcingu813

Please avoid any compressing/converting from the original.
          Initially rip to your hdd as BD50.
          BD compression/converting is very labor intensive.

BD50 rips will maximize efficiency....ie.,
          reduce any predisposition to errors, avoid the bottleneck associated with compressing from your ODD,
          save excessive wear and tear on your ODD and ultimately be quicker, despite the 2-step process.

Your logs seem incomplete.
          As BeemerBike suggested, any Fab error codes?... any windoz errors?

If the BD50 rip does not help, I'd do as SuperFist suggests,
          compress/convert with an older, more stable version such as v.8085
          Actually, I'd consider doing this regardless.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I would like the see the log from the other machine, I think with the burner going and the HDD and the video card labor intensive the machine is getting too hot!
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Thanks so much, everyone! After hours & hours of trying everything possible it turned out to be a fan - dust - air-flow problem. Made me feel really silly! Thanks again for all your help! You were ever so much more help than tech support.

Comment

Glad to hear you're up and running again.

So I take it the fan/dust/over-heating issue was just your primary machine?
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yea glad to here its working!!

Comment

Working...
                  X