No announcement yet.

Compressing to BD25, stops encoding at 12.10%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been seeing these types of errors from various users for a while now.
    Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any consistent fix and for many users, no fix at all.

You might consider compressing/converting with an older, more stable version since all your files have been decrypted and are currently on your hdd.
    Many of us archive all the Fab installers and usually keep a few of our favorites installed...for reasons such as this one.

You can also do a complete uninstall of Fab, run CCleaner registry scan/fix and do a new, clean install of Fab and keep your fingers X'd.

Although not officially supported by Fab, many older versions can be found here:

If you need some other version, drop me pm with your email and I'll make available to you any version you wish
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
      I've been seeing these types of errors from various users for a while now.
      Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any consistent fix and for many users, no fix at all.

You might consider compressing/converting with an older, more stable version since all your files have been decrypted and are currently on your hdd.
      Many of us archive all the Fab installers and usually keep a few of our favorites installed...for reasons such as this one.

You can also do a complete uninstall of Fab, run CCleaner registry scan/fix and do a new, clean install of Fab and keep your fingers X'd.

Although not officially supported by Fab, many older versions can be found here:

If you need some other version, drop me pm with your email and I'll make available to you any version you wish
      Which would you recommend?

Comment

Well, based on your needs, installing and running and older, more stable version costs you nothing in terms of any extra work apart from the actual, one-time installation.
        Additionally, it is certain to work unless you have a very unique problem.

While CCleaner is a reliable and safe app, the uninstall process may or may not fix the issue.
        It'll cost you a little time is all.

I've done both plenty of times.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably just run the old app.
        Like many old-timers, I have about 7-8 versions installed and ready.

v.8085 is still availble for download from Fengtao:

Just look beneath Download Now for the link
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Did you ever find a fix ? I have the same problem.

Comment

Please update your fab to the latest release 8200 and try again.

Comment

Did that. Still stops copy at about 11%

Comment

Finally found the cause of bd25 stopping at around 11%. Copied and burned two movies with no problems.

Comment

What was it? Please let us know to help others.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The way I narrowed it down. I loaded Fab and soft ware on Four computers I have. Copy stopped on two and worked on the two older ones. The main difference between the computers was the Virus software. Two that fab worked on had Mcafee and the others Bitdefender. I Uninstalled Bitdefender and installed Mcafee and then fab worked! Reinstalled Bitdefender and the stopping was back. something in Bitdefender is stopping the file compression. So anyone with this problem should consider that there virus protection could be causing the problem.
                    Edit/Delete Message

Comment

I am having the same problem, on any disc I care to try and burn. If I make a 2 pass rip, the first pass completes, and DVDFAB stops encoding on the second pass. If I make it a single pass, DVDFAB stops before it is done. There is no FPS, Time remaining is 0, and the timer continues to run. I have logs, but have posted them on a different thread. Technically this little comment could be cross posting. It seems there is more than one thread on this same topic. I was cruising for an answer, and noticed you comment about 6 responses. perhaps the moderators can help us out with a common thread concerning this problem.
                      I have AVG on 2 computers, and Norton on another. Virus software? Could be, but it was working with that virus protection in place, then quit. Ripped 3 or 4 movies after a reinstall, then it quit. Anyone else have any Ideas?
                      Last edited by cbleman; 09-14-2012, 04:17 AM. Reason: I can spell sometimes.... Honest

Comment

I changed the profile I was using from Apple TV to MP4, and got a complete rip. I will try one of the disks that failed before, and let you know if it works.

Comment

I tried 2 DVDs that previously failed. Both went through under the generic MP4 format. It looks like I have a problem with a standard profile. I wad using the apple TV profile, and it was hanging. Since switching to the standard MP4 format, I have ripped 3 movies with no problem. If I run into another problem, I will post again.

Comment

Working...
                          X