This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Movie backup

How long should a main movie backup take ,full movie takes me about 45min-1hr. I'm copying angels & Demons ,it's 2.5hrs and accounting.

not that long so with that said it seems your computer might have reverted to PIO mode and you need to reset it to DMA using the setting within DVDFab

Comment

I reset DMA now copying Angels & Demons, picked main movie clicked start 2 now I'm 2.5 hrs in and counting. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

good question why don't you read over the Help Us Help You sticky and post the information needed from that in this thread and then maybe someone can help you better

Comment

How to Check DMA status

How to Check DMA status of your Optical Drive
          1. Right Click on 'Computer'and Select 'Properties' and then 'Device Manager'

2. Click on 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers'. Right Click on each named 'channel'

3. Click the 'Advanced Settings' tab, Click on each Target id and make sure 'Enable DMA'
          is Selected.*

*Some 'channels' may be empty. Not all will have the option for DMA mode 5. Some may be 4 or less. Generally Optical drives will be DMA mode 4 and HDD will be DMA mode 5.

*There's settings in the Bios also but I make no mention of it since there is so many different one's. I will not advise anyone on making changes to the Bios!*
          Attached Files

Comment

no error codes or crashes
            started a source (oo505m2ts)
            now it's on source(00520m2ts)

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
            If this happens with all discs or just one

1 all disc for main movie

Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration

2 AMD 9600 Q4
            3870 GPU
            3gb Ram
            32bit Vista

If you are using external hard drives or optical drives

3 No

If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware

4 None

If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added

5 totalmedia theatre3
            DVDFab is the last software installed
            Last edited by Lukesparksoff; 12-09-2009, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
              How to Check DMA status of your Optical Drive
              1. Right Click on 'Computer'and Select 'Properties' and then 'Device Manager'

2. Click on 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers'. Right Click on each named 'channel'

3. Click the 'Advanced Settings' tab, Click on each Target id and make sure 'Enable DMA'
              is Selected.*

*Some 'channels' may be empty. Not all will have the option for DMA mode 5. Some may be 4 or less. Generally Optical drives will be DMA mode 4 and HDD will be DMA mode 5.

*There's settings in the Bios also but I make no mention of it since there is so many different one's. I will not advise anyone on making changes to the Bios!*
              the two channel that had options was enabled
              I have a sata drive.I thought sata drives was auto enabled in Vista

Comment

Originally posted by Lukesparksoff View Post
                the two channel that had options was enabled
                I have a sata drive.I thought sata drives was auto enabled in Vista
                They should be, just something to check.

Comment

Yea i noticed my angels and demons is going on 5 hours and i dont even have the option to change the DMA.. so im not sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X