No announcement yet.

Amazing Spiderman has Cinavia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What good the is ... Create a Protected Disc (BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <= 4.0"
    Exactly what it says: it's good for copies to view on Play Station 3s running Cinavia versions 3 or earlier. For us it's good for not much.

If one would check the firmware download page on the Sony support site, there is clearly stated "Note: This upgrade includes Cinavia™ content protection technology." It's never been a secret nor has the industry's ubiquitous embrace of the tech.

It might be that your player had Cinavia right out of the box; so no fault of your own, really.

Of course, I'm assuming those savvy enough to use an app like DVDFab should be wise enough to poke around the support site for their AV equipment as well as AV forums (of which there are legion) for the latest news and knowledge bases.

Oh, and the DVDFab site:

We can, however, take DVDFab to task for being less, much less, than forthcoming about Cinavia among all the features extolled on the Products pages.

Consider also, failure to update your player will deny improvements to other features and new apps that may take priority over the need to view copies of store bought media. A case in point, Sony's network OSI and Netflix app have both been significantly improved over the past 8-10 months.

For that player (and many others no doubt), there is an excellent chance you can copy the BD50, BD25, BD9 or BD5 m2ts file from the DVDFab\MainMovie\title\STREAM\BDMV directory to a USB stick and view it in its entirety from the USB port on the player where the same file on a disc will fail.

If your smart TV has a USB input, it might also play that file from a USB hard drive as well. Which is what I've been doing with an old 320 GB external pulled from my retired equipment pile. For those BDs I purchased and can't copy to BD25 or BD9 for the kids and careless guests, that HDD and my smart TV are now my poor-man's DVDFab media player.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-24-2012, 07:56 PM. Reason: A real good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
      What player are you using
      ps3 with most current update. So back up disc setting doesn't work with ps3 for this movie. I've started looking into media players myself.

Comment

Thanks for the info. My understanding is that the DVDFAB techs are or will be working on a solution that supports protective BDAV that would be more compatible with most BD players. Do U think that will happen?

I would appreciate any comments on this topic. I own TMT5 by Arcsoft and NERO 11 PLatinum so I am able to play these Back-ups on my computers with a 24 and 27" Monitors with no problems. I wanted, for my grandchildren, to be able to play any & all Blu-ray backups through my Bluray player & big screen TV without sacrificing my original bought Blu-rays.

Is there any point in purchasing another Blu-ray player(if built prior to Feb. 2012) to play these in question or would I be sacrificing not installing UPDATES so I could play ones like Amazing Spiderman and Expendables 2?

Comment

So you know, Expendables 2 works fine. Spiderman is the only one I have so far that won't play on the PS3 now because of the latest Cinavia.

Comment

You would better buying a Media Player which has none of these constraints and no need fo burned disks.

There are plenty of posts about these on the forum.

Originally posted by PWANJO View Post
            Thanks for the info. My understanding is that the DVDFAB techs are or will be working on a solution that supports protective BDAV that would be more compatible with most BD players. Do U think that will happen?

I would appreciate any comments on this topic. I own TMT5 by Arcsoft and NERO 11 PLatinum so I am able to play these Back-ups on my computers with a 24 and 27" Monitors with no problems. I wanted, for my grandchildren, to be able to play any & all Blu-ray backups through my Bluray player & big screen TV without sacrificing my original bought Blu-rays.

Is there any point in purchasing another Blu-ray player(if built prior to Feb. 2012) to play these in question or would I be sacrificing not installing UPDATES so I could play ones like Amazing Spiderman and Expendables 2?
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

This is for GregiBoy. Would U please elaborate on Media Players & direct me to the Forum Thread(s). My understanding is that TMT5 and Nero 11 Platinum were high end media payers. TMT5 has been highly recommended by some people who have a lot of knowledge in the field.
              I would appreciate a reply. Also , could U please comment on my note below.

My understanding is that the DVDFAB techs are or will be working on a solution that supports protective BDAV that would be more compatible with most BD players. Do U think that will happen?

Comment

TMT5 should not contain Cinavia unless recently changed. I have a friend that runs a media server and TMT5 and has no cinavia problems at all. He does movie only copies to his server to shrink the storage size and speed up movie loading of his library.

Comment

I stand corrected and TMT5 latest build has Cinavia. It is in the Cinavia thread on here towards the end. My friend didn't update his so he is running ok for now.

Comment

Here is one such post. I am referring to Hardware media Players:-

I am sure the techs are working on it but I do not hold out much hope that it will ever be resolved.

Originally posted by PWANJO View Post
                    This is for GregiBoy. Would U please elaborate on Media Players & direct me to the Forum Thread(s). My understanding is that TMT5 and Nero 11 Platinum were high end media payers. TMT5 has been highly recommended by some people who have a lot of knowledge in the field.
                    I would appreciate a reply. Also , could U please comment on my note below.

My understanding is that the DVDFAB techs are or will be working on a solution that supports protective BDAV that would be more compatible with most BD players. Do U think that will happen?
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I currently use a media player on my home network for playing all ISO's I create.
                      However, I'm curious why the CLONE function that essentially makes what I understand to be an identical copy of the original Bluray doesn't make the Cinavia obselete. I have the purchased Amazing Spiderman and have a PS3 with latest software updates (I use Netflix alot on it so have to have the updates along with gaming).
                      Can someone explain how the Cinavia works to prevent playback on these players when you are making an exact replica of the bluray?

Comment

Working...
                      X