No matter what BR I copy, they stop at 11.64% read and sit for hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi bobmitch
    Bitdefender has been known to cause problems sometimes with Fab, but it's strange how it would let you copy a DVD.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I have NO idea. It's odd...really like Kaspersky, but it caused numerous issues for me, later on, with Nero Burning ROM. Now this...a real adventure finding something that works with everything. Thinking of just going with Avast Free and let the chips fall...

Comment

Originally posted by bobmitch View Post
        I have NO idea. It's odd...really like Kaspersky, but it caused numerous issues for me, later on, with Nero Burning ROM. Now this...a real adventure finding something that works with everything. Thinking of just going with Avast Free and let the chips fall...
        Hi bobmitch
        I have used Avast for years and am very happy with it.
        I have seen another post today where another member also has Bitdefender an had to uninstall it and everything work like it should.
        Glad you finally found the solution, as I was going to comment about Bitdefender when you posted you were using it.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

I still think it has to do with your system configuration, my Windows 8 laptop that worked, eventually, is running Bitdefender
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            I still think it has to do with your system configuration, my Windows 8 laptop that worked, eventually, is running Bitdefender
            Are you trying to open up a can of worms???

Comment

Jus sayin'

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                Perhaps...but I played around with it, trying to get Bitdefender NOT to scan anything near DVDFab...still wouldn't stop it from happening. Frankly, if removing Bitdefender helps...no biggie. Without it...the program is faster and works! As I said...99.9% of everything I ran on Win 7 runs effortlessly on Win 8...now to include DVDFab. Bitdefender has caused me fits in the past, to where their tech support called me from Russia and connected to my machine and found it to be a module that caused issues with other programs as well. There is always something with Bitdefender. My second time around with them. Will keep them on my wife's machine and my laptop (also caused issues there and when removed, went away)...I will use either Avast or Zone Alarm on my desktop...just want 100% functionality...

90312...you have been GREAT! I can't thank you enough for your suggestions and support...

Comment

Not sure I actually did anything productive, but I enjoyed being along for the ride!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Pioneer BDR2207 and BDR2208 Problem

@bodmitch:
                    Just found that you had previously posted a similar problem as I've encountered with both Pioneers BDR2207 and BDR2208. See my post yesterday (7 Dec 12) in the General Chat section titled: DVDFab Compatibility with Pioneer BDR2207 and BDR2208 Blu-Ray BurnersDVDFab.

After reading your threads, I'm not sure whether you've resolved this problem or not?
                    If you have resolved it, can you provide me with information on how you resolved this problem? The symptoms of your problem is almost identical to my problems. Ether way, I like to hear from you and get the latest on where you stand on/with this problem.

I've subscribed to this subject posting, so you can contact me by either posting a reply here, or replying to the above new post that I've just created.

Thank You in Advance,
                    GadgetVictim
                    PS: Looks like I'm again a victim of this new gadget from Pioneer.

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetVictim View Post
                      @bodmitch:
                      Just found that you had previously posted a similar problem as I've encountered with both Pioneers BDR2207 and BDR2208. See my post yesterday (7 Dec 12) in the General Chat section titled: DVDFab Compatibility with Pioneer BDR2207 and BDR2208 Blu-Ray BurnersDVDFab.

After reading your threads, I'm not sure whether you've resolved this problem or not?
                      If you have resolved it, can you provide me with information on how you resolved this problem? The symptoms of your problem is almost identical to my problems. Ether way, I like to hear from you and get the latest on where you stand on/with this problem.

I've subscribed to this subject posting, so you can contact me by either posting a reply here, or replying to the above new post that I've just created.

Thank You in Advance,
                      GadgetVictim
                      Please disable your antivirus, and then give it a try.

Comment

@bodmitch:

Thank You in Advance,
                        GadgetVictim
                        I simply cured it by uninstalling Bitdefender Internet Security 2013. Went back to Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (replaced by Bitdefender with a month or so left on license...reinstalled it)...everything works fine now!

Comment

Originally posted by geilee View Post
                          Please disable your antivirus, and then give it a try.
                          Okay, will try tomorrow.
                          Thanks for taking the time.
                          GadgetVictim

Comment

Okay, will try tomorrow.
                            Thanks for taking the time.
                            GadgetVictim
                            Per following recommendation from geilee: "...Please disable your antivirus, and then give it a try.”, I tried disabling my antivirus.

However, There was no joy in Mudville. Same problem occurred.

@geilee
                            I have McAfee installed in my PC. So, I turned the active and scheduled scans off, and rebooted my PC.

Did I do enough to disable my Antivirus?? I could not find any other switches (e.g.; Turn-Off or Disable Antivirus) in my McAfee that I could switch off. I got all kinds of alarms from McAfee tell me that my computer was at risk.

FYI, I too have a similar problem as Frost271. My system also periodically reboots my PC during the DVDFab blu-ray copy process. Did not want to muddy the water with this Pioneer problem, because this problem has also been occurring for months, and prior to my purchasing the Pioneer 2208.

Haven't tried running DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy with McAfee turned off as yet. Will post something later after I run that combo.

Regards,
                            GadgetVictim

Comment

it's bitdefender!

I've been having this problem for months, until I came across this thread, I had just been waiting for DVDFab to come out with a version that worked again, then to see this thread was awesome that someone else has, and corrected the problem. I have two pc's that I had been running on both win 7 then 8 with bitdefender, and I can't believe I didn't realize the problem was bitdefender. uninstalled it on one, presto, problem fixed. disabled ALL the antivirus scans (not just the real time) you have to go into settings under antivirus, presto, problem fixed there as well. So for everyone out there with the speed dropping off to zero (mine was at different percentages all the time) this is a definite fix! Bitdefender DOES NOT play well with DVDFab.

Comment

Working...
                              X