No announcement yet.

Blu-ray Copy - reencoding bad quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glenns, I don't think that the problem is in Blu-ray player/TV settings. Everything else looks fine, movies with no encoding (remux) too, but only movies that need to encode with DVDFab (compression) look washed out like Hawk said.

Comment

Bataraka: 14:08:01 Lightning-Recoding (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding) enabled Try turning lightning recoding off in system settings it often causes problems then try again.

Comment

Color depth is a function of bits/pixel. In advanced settings you can select "customized" in video quality and the slide the bits/pixel slider all the way up to .5 if you want. You should find your black somewhere in there.
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi bataraka
          I understand what your saying about the black but, if you switch back and forth between your two screen shots I think the first pic of compressed is clearer than the second.
          Maybe it's just me.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

When you click on the thumbnail only click the mouse once the compressed doe's looked washed out on my professional grade computer monitor adjusted to 6500k the pro standard.Also a clear difference on my 60 inch plasma also adjusted to 65k.

cbr929 when you compare the two only click the mouse once use the thumbnail photo to switch (on the bottom of the thumbnail photo) to switch between the two not the tab on top of your computer screen as it's easy to get the two photo's mixed up.Their should be a clear difference between the compressed and uncompressed with the compressed washed out.
            Last edited by glenns; 02-02-2013, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
              cbr929 when you compare the two only click the mouse once use the thumbnail photo to switch (on the bottom of the thumbnail photo) to switch between the two not the tab on top of your computer screen as it's easy to get the two photo's mixed up.Their should be a clear difference between the compressed and uncompressed with the compressed washed out.
              Hi glenns
              That's exactly how I did it and the compressed still looks better.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

cbr929:Let me put this to you or anyone a different way as a lighter picture (the compressed thumbnail) can be perceived as sharper or having more detail by someone as the level of shadow detail is less therefor you may see something (dark colored) more because the shadow detail is less in the uncompressed thumbnail where as the darker video has a higher level of shadow detail covering a little detail that maybe viewable in the lighter thumbnail.

If that's a little confusing I can see where it could be in lay mans terms the decoded frame should look no different in darkness or lightness from the uncompressed frame using Fabs settings for normal or high quality.Also it was stated different programs used to to the conversion don't change the black levels or give a washed out look.If any difference it shouldn't be this noticeable.

Wilson from staff can you please compare and report your results on this issue.
                I believe you will agree with us that when comparing black level between uncompressed frames and compressed with Fab frames the compressed by fab frames using ripper do look washed out using any profile except pass through of cause.If you agree can you pass this on to get fixed thanks Glenns.
                P.S. This happens using all software also.
                Last edited by glenns; 02-03-2013, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  Color depth is a function of bits/pixel. In advanced settings you can select "customized" in video quality and the slide the bits/pixel slider all the way up to .5 if you want. You should find your black somewhere in there.
                  Is it possible to edit profile when I select BD3D to BD25 Copy ?
                  Or edit is only for BD rip ?

Comment

As far as I know it works in ripper only Nico83500.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      As far as I know it works in ripper only Nico83500.
                      Thanks so is there a solution to solve washed colors ?

Comment

Bataraka: 14:08:01 Lightning-Recoding (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding) enabled Did you try doing the encoding with lightning-recording unchecked in Fabs software as your log shows it was engaged when you did the movie?

Comment

Originally posted by bataraka View Post
                          Hi everybody!
                          I'm pretty new with DVDFab Blu-ray Copy and I have a question. Does DVDFab use 2 pass encoding while reencoding in Blu-ray Copy ? I used Bluray Ripper and found possibility to enable 2 pass encoding method (high quality), after that DVDFab shows me messages reencoding pass 1, reencoding pass 2... I'm asking that because I'm not satisfied with quality of compressed Bluray (BD50 to BD25) that I've done with DVDFab. Black colour is more like gray, bad contrast at all. Other AVCHD software did this Bluray in much better quality, black colour is black.
                          Can anyone tell me is there any more options to inprove Blu-ray Copy encoding with DVD Fab?
                          I followed this thread with interest since i'm now moving into BD & have seen the 'washed-out' effect exactly as described. However, I don't see any solution so far after having used Fab BD Copy to put full movies on HDD & experimenting with Fab compression & transcodes.
                          The full uncompressed BD source on HDD is perfect, as it should be. Running compression, eg to BD9 does produce lighter blacks than original, most noticeable in places with high contrast, like title credits but can be seen throughout. Running BD Ripper really shows up this effect. I don't mean of course that the result is horrible, just that I can see some washing-out which reduces quality of contrast & I can see it on more than 1 HD TV set I own as well as the PC players. It exists & others in this thread have said as much.
                          Most interesting to me is that a well known 3rd party transcoder on same BD source doesn't seem to have problem.
                          Apparently most Fab BD users don't have this problem, aren't bothered enough by same or are producing their mkv's & such in other manners else i think there'd be more discussion/attention paid. But i have to admit that the developers would see it too & fix it or comment ..
                          I love Fab DVD/BR copy modules along with things like Passkey & also the great support the Fab team supplies but my honest reaction & personal experience to the BD ripper module (which i would gladly use) is unfavorable so far unless they can eliminate or come up with a stated profile fix which works for us unlucky few.

Comment

(Most interesting to me is that a well known 3rd party trans coder on same BD source doesn't seem to have problem.
                            Apparently most Fab BD users don't have this problem, aren't bothered enough by same or are producing their mkv's & such in other manners else i think there be more discussion/attention paid. But i have to admit that the developers would see it too & fix it or comment ..)

In reply to above quote.......

It is because most people don't have 2 different soft wear's to compare side by side.Now that this defect has been exposed its now up to Fab if their going to look at this or do anything about it.

I have asked a Developer to look into it in another post but received no response.They are having newyears now in China so hopefully they will respond to this when they get back and if they do maybe you can mention the other common software by name so as Fab can compare the two and for no other reason but to make Fab the best product on the market.

In this case it should be allowed so fab can see the differences their clear as day on a computer monitor,tv or projection system and in my humble option as well as others responding here their is a problem and it should be looked at.

Comment

comparisons ...

glenns:
                              "hopefully they will respond to this when they get back and if they do maybe you can mention the other common software by name so as Fab can compare the two and for no other reason but to make Fab the best product on the market."

glenns: see pm sent to you concerning this ... jakish

Comment

Hi there,
                                Please uninstall Fab, do a deep clean and then re-install the latest release, which may fix this issue. Please feedback if it occurs.

Comment

Working...
                                X