Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Copy - reencoding bad quality

Hi everybody!
    I'm pretty new with DVDFab Blu-ray Copy and I have a question. Does DVDFab use 2 pass encoding while reencoding in Blu-ray Copy ? I used Bluray Ripper and found possibility to enable 2 pass encoding method (high quality), after that DVDFab shows me messages reencoding pass 1, reencoding pass 2... I'm asking that because I'm not satisfied with quality of compressed Bluray (BD50 to BD25) that I've done with DVDFab. Black colour is more like gray, bad contrast at all. Other AVCHD software did this Bluray in much better quality, black colour is black.
    Can anyone tell me is there any more options to inprove Blu-ray Copy encoding with DVD Fab?

Yes, there are a couple of settings you can select to improve the quality.
    To help you locate the choices, I need to know for sure if you are using v8 or v9.

From your title it looks like you are using v9 ?? OK, here's the first step.
    1. Open DVDFab and then click on the small wheel, (looks like a gear) found at the top right of your page. It's right
    next to the question mark.

2. When that page opens, select the blue tab at the top that reads: Blu-ray.
    3. Then on the left side of the page click on the title: "Blu-ray Copy"
    4. Then notice at the bottom you have a choice of encoding settings: "Normal quality" or "High Quality"

Try this first and see if it helps. Takes a bit longer to encode, but it can make a quality difference.
    Last edited by snowman; 01-05-2013, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Hi,
      I'm also interested by this topic, I already use "High quality" but like bataraka says "Black colour is more like gray, bad contrast at all".
      Thanks.

Comment

Yes, I used to try High Quality encoding setting, but no luck. Only the time of encoding was much, much longer... I hope that DVDFab will improve Blu-ray encoding in some next volume...

If anybody know how to deal with this problem, please reply!!

Regards, Bataraka

Comment

Just curious. Are you encoding the MainMovie or the whole disc?
          What percent of compression? Have you, in the past, had blacker blacks than you are experiencing now using Blu-ray copy? ?

Comment

IIRC, the grey blacks was associated with video card processing and caused by the drivers.

Try a short chapter encode with all the GPU crap turned off.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm encoding the main movie, compression is about 70% and with x264 black is black.
              I don't use GPU, I always use software decode and encode.

Comment

Me too. Encoding the main movie, compression is about 65-75% (depends of Blu-ray). In the past I've had blacker blacks encoded with other software. I'm watchin video with Panasonic Blu-ray player, not computer.
                Do I have to disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding?

Comment

Originally posted by bataraka View Post
                  Me too. Encoding the main movie, compression is about 65-75% (depends of Blu-ray). In the past I've had blacker blacks encoded with other software. I'm watchin video with Panasonic Blu-ray player, not computer.
                  Do I have to disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding?
                  Hi bataraka
                  Please do as my friend GregiBoy suggested in post #6 to see for yourself.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I disabled all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding, tryed a short chapter encode, but I got an error message "Process Failed!". Also, there is no log file. Blu-ray is Nirvana - Live At The Paramount, also experienced problems with other Blu-ray music videos like Metallica and MSG.
                    Should I open a new topic with problem encoding those music Blu-rays?

Comment

It would be unusual to have no log file, please check again for it. Use Search for Programs and files in windows to find it, the file name is dvdfab_internal.log. You can open it with Notepad and copy and paste the correct log file session into a post.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by bataraka View Post
                        Hi everybody!
                        I'm pretty new with DVDFab Blu-ray Copy and I have a question. Does DVDFab use 2 pass encoding while reencoding in Blu-ray Copy ? I used Bluray Ripper and found possibility to enable 2 pass encoding method (high quality), after that DVDFab shows me messages reencoding pass 1, reencoding pass 2... I'm asking that because I'm not satisfied with quality of compressed Bluray (BD50 to BD25) that I've done with DVDFab. Black colour is more like gray, bad contrast at all. Other AVCHD software did this Bluray in much better quality, black colour is black.
                        Can anyone tell me is there any more options to inprove Blu-ray Copy encoding with DVD Fab?
                        Just want to confirm does is this what you're seeing? Refer to levelsincorrect.
                        I was doing dark knight ( not shown here) and it seems to wash out the colors, especially black. What is even more interesting is it is not specific to movie. They all look washed out after encode by fab, even if all is done on CPU.

Then I use third party program and I do not see any color loss.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Hawk; 01-31-2013, 05:11 AM.
                        If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

bataraka: Most blu ray players have a setting for blacks as well as tv's my tv has 3 black settings and my blu ray player also has 2-3 settings for black.Being everything being converted seems washed out check your tv and your bluray player to see if their set right and that no one else messed with your settings like kids do.

Comment

Signals, thank you for explanation, I found log file!

Here is content of dvdfab_process.log:

14:08:01 Analyzing started
                            14:08:01 Analyzing completed successfully
                            14:08:01 Copy process started
                            14:08:01 Video reencode bitrate (15445 kbps)
                            14:08:01 Lightning-Recoding (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding) enabled

14:08:06 Source( 00002.m2ts )

14:08:14 Task_1 failed! Error=1000(504.00 0 error: filter name(505.04), type(128), id(25), get module_error(15 1 F:/Temp/MainMovie/Nirvana Live At The Paramount (2011) FullBluRay 1080p /BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts)

)

Comment

Hawk, sorry I erased full Blu-ray, but here's some snapshots.

The First one is Blu-ray encoded with DVDFab:

The second one is the same title, but from uncompressed DVD:

This is what I'm seeing, just examples to see a difference. Sorry if I did bad thumbnails, those are my first...

Also, I used third party program and I do not see any color loss!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X