cloning a 3d backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a review I read:-
    There are several relatively minor playback glitches as well. For example, forced subtitles do not play when this digital media player is being used, whereas they usually will in Blu-ray players. Blu-ray menus also do not appear, especially on anything more advanced than two-dimensional BD 1.0 files.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Soon as you get your player check the firmware on the players internet sight as they often update features and bugs in firmware.Then check it every month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        From a review I read:-
        There are several relatively minor playback glitches as well. For example, forced subtitles do not play when this digital media player is being used, whereas they usually will in Blu-ray players. Blu-ray menus also do not appear, especially on anything more advanced than two-dimensional BD 1.0 files.
        Thanks for your input. However the positive reviews far more outweigh the negative ones. If I only paid attention to the negative, I wouldn't be using DVDFab as some people think its crap!
        I will, however pay close attention to what you mentioned and will report back. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
          Soon as you get your player check the firmware on the players internet sight as they often update features and bugs in firmware.Then check it every month or so.
          Will do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LDLDL View Post
            Thanks for your input. However the positive reviews far more outweigh the negative ones. If I only paid attention to the negative, I wouldn't be using DVDFab as some people think its crap!
            I will, however pay close attention to what you mentioned and will report back. Thanks for the advice.
            So far, so good... Plays all DVDFab movies on attached hard drive. Only glitch that is annoying is the subtitles where the default is "on"!

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
              It came with the latest firmware update. since I'm very new to this, I now have to figure how to get the movies to stream to the other two televisions. That is what media players are supposed to do, right??? Or did I just waste my money!!!

Comment

One media player per televison. The best way is have a NAS hard drive then connect the media players via wifi. This way the one hard drive can serve all the media players in the house.

Comment

I don't stream anything with my media player and external hard drive.I want the clearest 1080p picture so i just hook up direct from the media player using hdmi to my receiver then to tv or projector and hi speed ubs from the external hard drive to the media player or computer to load more Fab made movies.

I don't know anything about streaming but is is possible to direct connect one tv and stream to another? Their is 2 hi speed ubs outputs on the media player i think their for a second external hard drive.Theirs only 1 hdmi output but theirs a rgb and digital rca audio output that i don't use.

The manual says the media player can play media files through local network and play from windows pc folder shares(SMB).

Streaming from the internet is easy so if you want to watch movies from places like netflex just hook up the internet then you will also have a extra mini browser and a way to download firmware updates.

Comment

As Marty said, one player per TV. (There are wireless & wired video repeaters that can be used but I feel they are too restrictive)

Provided you have a network, the media files can be stored centrally on a NAS or one of the media players should also be able to act as a NAS. The media can then be streamed from there to any of the other players so storage in or attached to them is unnecessary.

Some networkable TV's also allow this.

Wireless is usually acceptable for DVD content but can be problematic for BluRay content as it just does not have enough reliable throughput.

I have found that Ethernet over Power usually gives far better results.

Hope this helps....
                    GregiBoy

PS: ALWAYS keep a backup of your media library!!!!
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                    X