No announcement yet.

Crashing on start-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can turn windows defender on (update that) then take off bit defender giving you protection while trying to use Fab.It could help you and all the others following this thread.If you do it also run ccleaner after you take bit defender off and don't forget to also clean the registry with it.

Comment

I removed Bit Defender completely, rebooted, ccleaned the registry and Windows/Applications, rebooted and DVDFAB will still not start either running as an Administrator and/or using Windows 7 compatibility setting.

Comment

Try this use cc cleaner to delete fab under (tools In cc cleaner),then do a file clean followed by a registry clean then go to the Fab web sight try this:

Use"Save As" and saving it to the desktop.Then right clicking on the installer and selecting "Run As Administrator.
        Also try it with version 9
        Last edited by glenns; 02-24-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

No difference unfortunately.

Comment

Ok you said you had it working last week so now we need to time travel back in time with system restore to the restore point were everything was working.Maybe a file got deleted you needed.Go back before the 2-22-13 date of your first post.Maybe your restore point can be located when you first installed fab and it worked.
            Last edited by glenns; 02-24-2013, 09:31 PM.

Comment

You might want to delete fab file in roaming folder in %appdata%
              ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Did you upgrade your AMD drive since you launch DVDFab successfully for the latest time?
                It maybe the issue. Please uninstall the AMD catalyst and DVDFab, do a deep clean and reinstall Fab again.

Comment

Ferraris:My Nvidia card drivers were updated on 2-9-13 you said Fab was working about a week before the 22 the date of your 1st post so that's darn close to the driver update.System restore will log the date of your last driver update so you can go back in time to the day before this update if you updated this or you can roll back the driver in device manager easy to do.

Comment

It's an AMD graphics card but I'll try and system restore. The PCs backed up to Server 2012 so I can also do a full system restore back to a time just before the last successful DVDFAB backup I made however with this option I just need to be careful that no personal files are restored as well.

Comment

I think Terry meant your video card software- Example i have dual core computer with dual ADM processors.My video card is a Nvidia card that uses software drivers that get updated every so often.

Now their is software to run the ADM processors but i never seen a update for them you can check this in device manager just in case.

I think Terry meant for you to see if a video card software update was done then you had trouble with fab if so you can uninstall it and Fab then do a complete clean and see the result.

When using system restore you can see if their was added software that effected Fab after installing any other updates or software.Bit defender seems to not work with Fab so if you installed that then started having problems then you know what did it.If not and bit defender was on the computer before and all worked well then it can be something installed or updated so check the restore points and pay attention to every restore point to see whats going on.Could be a deleted or corrupted file also.

Comment

I presume you mean AMD processors?
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

System Restore was not happy and was reporting the restore was not successful although it appeared to have done it however Fab still did not work.

I've now restored the entire C drive back to just before my last Fab backup (10th Feb) and it's working again. Bit Defender has updated itself and Fab is still working so I don't think that's the problem. I'll slowly reload/update other software to see if I can isolate the problem and restore any data from last night's backup.

There was a video card update during this period so that might be it but there's also a Patch Tuesday update and various other programs.

Thanks for everyone's help to date.

Comment

Gregiboy:Yes your right AMD processors couldn't edit that because the 45min rule.

Comment

Ferraris, I don't know if this is pertinent to your issue or not but one member had to reload the Catalyst drivers with the SDK package to make it work and another had to reload without it. Confusing but it seems to play a part. I'm running 13.1 without the SDK package and don't have a problem. Just information.
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X