Best quality BD-R Blanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best quality BD-R Blanks?

Sorry for another new thread about BD blanks.
    I have been interested in doing BD for some time and I'm finally making the plunge on media. I have read many threads and have made some observations. Everyone has an opinion on media and I know that many drives out there are picky as to the media they like. I am also concerned about the lifetime of disc's as seen in the BD lifetime thread. So here it is...

I have an LG WH14NS40 and I'm guessing that Optical Quantum 25GB 4X BD-R Blu-ray Disc Model OQBDR04LT will work as well as certain Verbatim like the Verbatim 25GB 6X BD-R 25 Packs Spindle Disc Model 97457.

I don't think either of these are LTH which I'm not ready to experiment with yet but I'm looking for suggestions. Most importantly I'm looking for great pricing. Less than $1 disk preferably after shipping.

I know Newegg has had some deals in the past but the best I can find is a 50 pack of Optical Quantum 25GB 4X BD-R Blu-ray Disc Model OQBDR04LT-50 for 39.99 + 4.99 shipping.

Anyone seen any hot deals on 25 packs of good solid 25GB media?

Thanks

I've done well with Ritek 4x inkjet printable BD-R media. No burning problems and no later playback problems or failures so far. I've gotten them from Newegg, Meritline & Fry's. They are frequently on sale for less than $1 per disc in 25 or 50 packages (the last batch of 50 I bought for less than $44 - shipped including sales tax). I've also used Imation inkjet printable media with no issues - but they were actually Ritek 4x BD-R media also.

Comment

I have an LG WH?? Blu-Ray Burner and I've used Optical Quantum 25GB 4X BD-R Blu-ray Disc's for about 3 years without issue. (previous Burner was Sony).

All I do know, is that Ritex disks are crap. Cheap and non-dependable. Check out Newegg... They typically sell the Optical Quantium for 26.99 for 25 pk, but if you watch, they will have them on sale for 16.99....
      "Are you still master of your domain?"
      Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Ritec (Memorex) disks won't burn in a lot of drives including my Pioneer drive.

My best disks so far are the Digistor in 25G about $1.00 each and 50g about $4.50 each they are rated at 6x but can burn at 10x in my drive but fast burning isn't recommended for blurays so i burn at 4x and never had a coaster using hundreds over the years.Their made by TDK (MID: TDKBLD-RBD-000)

Comment

The OQ's are solid and Amazon has them a little cheaper than Newegg right now.

Remember though, you need to keep the firmware on the drive up to date for the best results.

Comment

Originally posted by dcc1048 View Post
            I have an LG WH?? Blu-Ray Burner and I've used Optical Quantum 25GB 4X BD-R Blu-ray Disc's for about 3 years without issue. (previous Burner was Sony).

All I do know, is that Ritex disks are crap. Cheap and non-dependable. Check out Newegg... They typically sell the Optical Quantium for 26.99 for 25 pk, but if you watch, they will have them on sale for 16.99....
            Thanks dcc1048. I followed your last post regarding the OQ BD-R discs and started my research off that. I was looking at recent reviews on the discs you recommended and it seems like they fell drastically. Comments have been made about the disc quality getting thinner and more coasters. They say the coating is no longer purple. Now I'm worried about ordering these online and they were my #1 pick. Have you ordered any recently? One review said they are now calling them "Optical Quantum value" on the package.

Comment

When I was burnning disc(now media player) I used Verbatim BD-R, x6 non htl or lth and never had a coaster or bad burn!

They would burn at 6x with no problems! I used ImgBurn to burn the disc!

Comment

Originally posted by dcc1048 View Post
                All I can say is . . I have been using Ritek 4x inkjet printable media for quite some time in my Lite-On iHBS112 burner with 100% burning success and reliable playback afterwards. And older burned media has worked just fine whenever I have used or tested them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                  All I can say is . . I have been using Ritek 4x inkjet printable media for quite some time in my Lite-On iHBS112 burner with 100% burning success and reliable playback afterwards. And older burned media has worked just fine whenever I have used or tested them.
                  Same here. I have over 3000 movies burned on Ritek(both Blu-ray and DVD). I have had zero problems. Movies from as far back as 2002 play just fine. My children have played some of them over and over and they have a lot of scratches and still play fine. If you burn them slow with Image Burn or other reputable burning software, they work perfectly. Also you can`t beat the price.

Comment

I think this has to do with the brands of drives out their and what their firmware works with.Some firmware updates allow the drives to work with different disks.

I have seen my Pioneer drive go from working to a few brands of disks to most disks.Some seller internet sights tell what disks work with what drives and at what speeds.I think all drive company's should tell you this also before you buy their drives so you will know and not have to make coasters.

Also Ritec can make different quality of disks sometimes a 4 x disk will work in a drive but only if you burn at 2.5 speed and I seen one type of disk like inkjet printable disks work in some drives but the same drive won't burn their regular disks or the cheap Memorex disks made by ritec.

My Pioneer 12X drive burns optimum gold (8x) 8.5 gig disks but only at 2.5 burn speed at one time they burned at 10x but now I can only get 2.5 x out of their gold disks and i couldn't play their silver disks at all.

I think they changed to a cheaper disk or their manufacture changes and makes them different..So their are going to be different results with different disks and drives and also burning speeds.

To sum it up you need to see what works in your drive and what speeds then hope they don't change disk manufactures.I solved this problem by using a media player so I don't have to burn any disks anymore it also solves the Fox Cinavia problem.

Comment

I just don't want my first BD blank purchase to be a waste of money. Not looking for anymore coasters in my life. I have burned over 1000 Verbatim DVD+R (MCC-004-00) discs with not one coaster. Their quality has always been excellent. I have heard many mixed reviews on the Verbatim BD-R disc's and even worse reviews of their LTH disc's.
                      I had heard excellent reviews on the Optical Quantum 4x disc's again until recently when reviews started indicating that they had changed the disc's and they were more flimsy and packaging changes started saying "Value" on them.. Do you think this is due to the 6x disc's being out now by the same company at a higher price? Now the 4x are value???

Comment

I just found Optical Quantum 25GB 6X BD-R 25 Packs Disc Model OQBDR06LT-25 on newegg for 16.99. I believe these are LTH. Very mixed reviews. Saw one from someone with an LG writer that uses Imgburn as I do and had 25 coasters. Please help!! Anyone have success with these with an LG burner and Imgburn??? Need to buy something.

Comment

Verbatim 97339 are by far the best. Never ever had a single coaster or bad burn at any speed with any software. So far they're simply perfect. The only downside is they're impossible to find on shelves in brick and mortar stores, and depending on supply and demand the price online fluctuates between $70-$100 for a 50 pc spindle.

Comment

There are a lot of different kind of Verbatim discs..the "Value" or "Life Series" ones are terrible. The best ones are "DataLifePlus" which come in a clear spindle with a small white label on them. #97339 are the single layer inkjet printable BDRs that I referenced in my previous post, those are the ones you want.
                            Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97339...I14I0FP569PCVH
                            Mertline: http://www.meritline.com/verbatim-4x...--p-30268.aspx

Comment

Verbatim, without question!

Search: Verbatim 97457 25 GB at Amazon...the 50 GB I get from Japan.

Comment

Working...
                              X