No announcement yet.

Best quality BD-R Blanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good info. Since I'm new to Blu- ray this is an excellent comment you have made. I kn

NOPE----Like I said previously, no issues... and I have re-watched movies tghat I copied 2 years ago..
    "Are you still master of your domain?"
    Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by chaostoday View Post
      Good info. Since I'm new to Blu- ray this is an excellent comment you have made. I know there is a sticky about disc life in this forum. I would love to know if Dcc1048 or any other member has had extended disc life or short life from the Optical Quantum's. I know I will be very upset to put these movies in a year from now to have my player(s) not read them.....
      Ritek gets bashed constantly in here because of a bad run of DVD-R media released a fair number of years ago. Most other manufacturers have put out defective product at one time or other as well, including Verbatim. But bashing Ritek and pushing media players seems to be a favorite pastime in these forums.
      My personal experience is that Ritek BD-R media has been excellent (100% burning reliability and 100% playback reliability over a number of years). And I actually use them . . a lot! But, to each his own.

Comment

Obviously, disk life can pertain to how you store them also. Never any issues with OQ's. I tried Ritek about 2.5 years ago. Ended up throwing them away. Don't have enough friends to use all the coasters I made with them....
        "Are you still master of your domain?"
        Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by dcc1048 View Post
          Obviously, disk life can pertain to how you store them also. Never any issues with OQ's. I tried Ritek about 2.5 years ago. Ended up throwing them away. Don't have enough friends to use all the coasters I made with them....
          That's unfortunate. Of course it could have been a bad run of media, bad burner, poor software, the critter at the keyboard, etc. Many of us do just fine with Ritek media. My Ritek BD-R media has been 100% reliable using a Lite-On burner & Imgburn.

Comment

Not so thrilled with Optical Quantum

I thought they were the cat's meow for quite a few spindles, but I just cracked open a spindle of fifty and found a disk that was not even recognized as media.
            Examining the writing surface of the disk made it obvious as to why it wasn't recognized. There were a few bubbles easily visible on the surface itself. Like it would look if a drop of crazy glue was deposited on the surface and allowed to dry. These didn't clean off, and close examination made it obvious that the bubble looking defects occurred during the manufacturing process.
            Good luck to you with your OP disks. Nero also identified mine as Phillips.
            This really saddens me. It seems like manufacturers make great disk for a bit and then chisel too much $ from their bottom line and stick you with garbage.
            Currently I'm using:
            Memorex for CDR
            Verbatim for DVD 5
            Memorex for BD 25
            with no issues. But I'm always doing so with my fingers crossed. lol

Verbatim is the only brand that has maintained consistancy for me in DVD 5, though they did introduce some cheaper DVD 5 that did not work well for me at all, though the ones with azo dyes were always perfect.

Memorex always made CDs that were absolutely outstanding for me, and their Blu-Ray 25s have not given me any trouble whatsoever.

Comment

amazon.com 50gb $25.17 10 pack

the Optical Quantum Glossy BD-R DL white inkjet printable. The 10 pack for $25.17 is a very good recording media & white inkjet printable. The blanks are not glossy and will take an extra several minute to dry. Forget about the watershield glossy effect of the Taiyo Yuden but a good 50 gb blank.

My PC & printer have completed over 50 copies without a coaster.

AMAZON.COM USA

Comment

Optical Quantum 2 years and running now with no problems whatsoever!

Comment

To all
                  I have deleted some posts, this thread is about BD-R discs, please keep all posts on topic, there are many threads about media players.
                  CBR929
                  Last edited by CBR929; 04-14-2013, 01:39 AM. Reason: text
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by MERX2006 View Post
                    the Optical Quantum Glossy BD-R DL white inkjet printable. The 10 pack for $25.17 is a very good recording media & white inkjet printable. The blanks are not glossy and will take an extra several minute to dry. Forget about the watershield glossy effect of the Taiyo Yuden but a good 50 gb blank.

My PC & printer have completed over 50 copies without a coaster.

AMAZON.COM USA
                    I just now read what you posted... that was quite a deal for 50GB discs! Wow... I just bought the same kind for around $38. I haven't made backups to a disc in quite some time due to my AIOS media player but I was having a few minor playback hiccups with The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Extended Edition so I had to.

Comment

Working...
                    X