BluRay copy won't complete on new, faster PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BluRay copy won't complete on new, faster PC

I've posted in the past on slowness in BluRay copy (12 to 16 hours to copy ak and the root cause was asserted to be a PC that wasn't up to spec (dual processor notebook, basic video controller). I upgraded to a system with an i7 processor, 8GB memory, Win 8 and True HD with an AMD Radeon HD 8700M controller with 1GB memory.

Now, copies don't work at all. They plug along for about 45 minutes and then everything just stops. I've tried disabling GPU to do software only processing - same result. I have an LG BE12LU30 burner that i used before and also added a Samsung SE-506 burner. Same results using either drive.

Logs and screen shots of the app included. Guidance would be appreciated,
    Attached Files

Hi ChazinCT
    Your process log has a 102 error, this is a read error try cleaning the disc and try again.
    I would also disable all GPU codecs and set everything to software.

I wont even comment about that wonderful OS, Windows 8.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Which i7 and motherboard do you have? Quick Sync could be an option..

Comment

System specs

I'm not sure of the exact motherboard model, it has American Megatrends BIOS ver P03ABU and specs on the system are at http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1818515

Processor is an i7 3635QM 2.40GHz

Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 8770M with 1GB memory

By disabling GPU and disabling Turbo CPU - I was able to run a BD25 rip and save it to disc - but that took 5 hours and 50 minutes.

Comment

The CPU has Quick Sync so long as the motherboard doesn't disable it.

You'll need LucidLogix VIRTU though to enable it. If it's not already installed I would try the laptop manufacturers website.

Comment

GPU options

I don't see VIRTU anywhere at the Samsung site, but is there any basic info on the GPU options? By Default, The H.264 options are set to Intel Quick Sync (suggesting its already enabled?) and VC1 and MPEG2 are set to software. Other options are available for CUDA, DXVA, AMD APP and CoreAVC (or some subset of that list) Is there any information on the various options and which can or should be used?

Comment

If you have an additional video card, Quick Sync won't work in DVDFab without VIRTU installed. DVDFab will it appear to use it, then the conversion process will take forever and never finish.

Comment

Marty, it will work without Virtu but you have to disable the discrete graphics card so that Windows only sees the HD 4000. That's they way I have to use it because of my H61 MB. It doesn't support Virtu.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

My bad here, what I meant to say is if you enable Quick Sync in DVDFab without VIRTU you get the problem I described.

I dumped my external video card a while back, I don't play games and nothing else I do will benefit from it.

Comment

90312: VIRTU supports both H61 and H67 chipsets, so you should be fine. Your mobo manufacturer doesn't have it?

Take a look here;
                    http://www.lucidlogix.com/product-virtu-gpu.html

Comment

Yeah I just read that before you posted it. No my MB does not have it at all so I'll have to buy it I guess. But like you I don't play games or anything that I need a graphics card for anyway. But thanks for the info mate!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Odd they don't mention 3rd gen i7 Ivy Bridge processors? I have to assume they are supported though.

Albert Einstein

Comment

The ivy bridge chipset is supported by Virtu MVP and MVP 2.0. The original Virtu was for the H61/H67 and Z68 chipsets.

Have you thought about upgrading your motherboard?

Right now you're using a sandy bridge motherboard with your ivy bridge CPU.

Comment

I've thought about it a lot but try as I might I just can't think up the money!

It works fine now for everything I do, it's hard to justify a new MB just for VIRTU. Quick Sync works fine the way it is.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Food for thought;

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2405317,00.asp

Comment

Working...
                              X