mysterious 3d problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to help!
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi glenns,

sorry for the late answer, I overlooked your postings!

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      Matter of fact I made a reduced full disk 25 gig copy as well as the 50 gig iso all played in my Micca 3d media player in 3d no problems at all.
      My Media Player (HiMedia 900b) normally plays all ISO without problem...

This seems to be a region 2 3d problem.
      possible...

Please recheck that your keeping it a iso from the very start- clone store brought disk to 50 gig iso with Fab,then take that iso load it in virtual drive 1.4.1.0.
      Ok, I will also try this way with ISO in a virtual drive

If it doesn't work after trying it this way and you know your media player can play 3d's from iso's then post your log files so the developers can take a look at them.
      I will do this...
      Grüße...
      Puebi

Comment

I have found on my Micca G2 media player 3d iso's will play in 3d if played back with direct play or bd light but if you play them back on bd 1.0 then they only play in 2d.It's possible this only effects Micca g2 media players.

Hope this can help some of you having the 3d movie not playing in 3d on your media player.
        I'm not sure, but I think, with my HiMedia 900b I also played back the ISO with direct play.

The problem only will result, if I copy the 3D MAIN movie WITHOUT shrinking to an ISO.
        Grüße...
        Puebi

Comment

Ok then your having the same problem as me if the main movie doesn't need to be compressed or you just don't want to compress it fab won't make a copy that plays in 3d on your media player or mine.

Please look at the next topic under this one it is my post with Gamer 3d and i have the same problem with version 8 even though it makes 2 files it doesn't play in 3d on the media player.The same movie plays fine in 3d as a 50 gig iso,a 25 gig full disk iso or a side by side 3d file.I even tried making it from the store brought disk instead of the 50 gig iso.Version.

9040 only makes 1 big m2ts file so that needs to be fixed.I will try version 9038 as I know I did the legion of the guardians and took out the main movie from it.How did you make out with the Chinese disk were you able to get it to play in 3d? I bet you ran into this same problem.

Comment

9038 also couldn't make a working 3d copy of main movie uncompressed so it seems some disks are being made different.Gamer 3d and Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3d seem to list in fabs log files as 2d with ssif file something is different with these but they are 3d and the 50 gig iso plays fine in 3d.The Gamer 3d listed a second disk in fabs log file although theirs only 1 disk so I don't know what this means.

Comment

Hi glenns,

yes, we have the same problem

Hope, Fab will solve the problem. I've found this problem ~2 months ago, informed Fab but no reaction. Now I think they recognized it

Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3d seem to list in fabs log files as 2d with ssif file something is different with these but they are 3d and the 50 gig iso plays fine in 3d.The Gamer 3d listed a second disk in fabs log file although theirs only 1 disk so I don't know what this means.
              but this problem will not be only with a few disks... every (!!!!) ISO of an uncompressed 3D movie don't play in 3D. If you compress the main movie with Fab 8 tp ISO, it will play fine in 3D... but also not with Fab 9 ...

Burning to BD will play fine in 3D, if you save the structure (not ISO) of main movie to harddrive and burn as 3D with DVDFab burn engine.
              Grüße...
              Puebi

Comment

I don't think fab gets the problem we are talking about only that fab version 9 has a bug in it.Version 9 is only making a single m2ts file when it should make a m2ts file and a ssif file for a 3d movie.Also the log is reporting in a different or new way that the disk is 2d with ssif file and or detected 2nd disk whatever that means it's new.

This was reproduced by a fab developer.Fab version 8 did make 2 files the m2ts file and the ssif file however he said one was making 1 file the other making the ssif file which is not correct.Version 8 made both files but still can't play them in 3d when transferred to a media players hard drive.if the main movie is uncompressed in iso form or folder form.

In order for Fab to understand this problem they need to reproduce it using a media player with second hard drive as testing equipment and I don't think they have a media player and hard drive to test on.

Also is the question is Fab going to support media players up to now nothing needed changing for media players to play fabs product now a change may be necessary to get it to work with uncompressed main movie and media players as it still burns ok from folder form in 3d so Fab may feel it works for most people so why change it.

It's like the Play station fab made 25 gig 3d movies freeze up when using it they use to have fixes for it but don't seem to support it anymore.Their are many thousands still in use here in the US.It use to be the number 1 blu ray player here. i brought one just for the player i don't play any games.I retired it when cinavia came out and then Fab stopped supporting it forced me to buy a media player to kill both problems.

Although they listed a freeze problem with 3d disks in their fixes a few versions ago that never fixed the problem a lot of the fixes are repeated from version to version to look as if their is a lot of fixes in the newest version.I wish they stop this practice as it's just not right to give people hope for something not fixed.

Their is also a Cuda problem with 3d as of late seems using cuda when doing side by sides 3d fails it just stops with nothing in the log.Using all software fixes this but takes forever.

The difference on my 2 core machine is 3.5-hours to 4 hours with cuda to 12 hours without cuda so not being to use cuda is really bad for me.If Fab lists it's program as being able to use Cuda then the developers should make it work with cuda and not have it fail so much.Last disk it failed with is Gamer 3d.
                Last edited by glenns; 05-25-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

So, I've now tested the movie "Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3D"

1. Full clone ISO to my HiMedia 900b and all ok in 3D

2. Then I've made a copy of the main movie to 25GB BD (with my tutorial, only in German, but with pictures ) and it play in 3D without problem

3. I've made several of different ISOs from unshrinked main movie, but they DON'T play as 3D at my HiMedia 900b.
                  Grüße...
                  Puebi

Comment

Their is also a Cuda problem with 3d as of late seems using cuda when doing side by sides 3d fails it just stops with nothing in the log.Using all software fixes this but takes forever.

The difference on my 2 core machine is 3.5-hours to 4 hours with cuda to 12 hours without cuda so not being to use cuda is really bad for me.If Fab lists it's program as being able to use Cuda then the developers should make it work with cuda and not have it fail so much.Last disk it failed with is Gamer 3d.
                    With CUDA I don't have anny problem, all works fine
                    Grüße...
                    Puebi

Comment

Your not having the cuda problem because your making full 3d copy's.Cuda doesn't work for full 3d copy's that's why they take me 12 hours or more.

I resorted to making side by side data 3d files they use cuda and I can do them in 4 hours or less with my slow 2 core computer.

The last few 3d movies including Gamer3d wouldn't work with cuda the encoding would just stop with no errors or anything in the log files so i had to turn off cuda making a 4 hour movie take 12 hrs with all software.

I took the main movie from Gamer 3d uncompressed it won't play in 3d on the media player but if you burn a disk from the media player's hard drive with Fab burner it will play in 3d on the PlayStation although it freezes up every few mins.

That's a different problem that never gets fixed anymore.Then I got the idea that the disk could play in 3d so put it back in fab run a iso to the media players hard drive and see if it will play back in 3d no luck only 2d.

Went down to the German part of Fab and looked at your guide nice job Fab should have done this long ago.I don't understand why the Moderator suggested a change to all software as cuda is not used when making full 3d disks look at the logs it tells you when cuda is being used.

Also he said it makes only 3-4 mins. difference who is he kidding it makes a Hugh difference when making regular blu rays or side by side 3d data files from 4 hours to 12 hours on my 2 core computer.Look at a fab log and see if it says cuda is being used on a full 3d movie if you see that i want to see it.All internal logs tell you if you have cuda at the logs start then it tells you near the bottom of the log if it's being used.

(So, I've now tested the movie "Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3D" ) Can you make a MKV 3d using ripper and get it to play in 3d with this movie? Another user couldn't make a iso or mkv with this movie that plays back in 3d.Please also tell us what version of Fab you used with this movie to make the iso and 25 gig copy?
                      Last edited by glenns; 05-26-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Your not having the cuda problem because your making full 3d copy's.Cuda doesn't work for full 3d copy's that's why they take me 12 hours or more.
                        Till now I don't find a movie which don't work at my computer with CUDA... but I don't have Gamer 3D

That's a different problem that never gets fixed anymore.Then I got the idea that the disk could play in 3d so put it back in fab run a iso to the media players hard drive and see if it will play back in 3d no luck only 2d.
                        Yes, I've had the same idea... also no 3D

(So, I've now tested the movie "Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3D" ) Can you make a MKV 3d using ripper and get it to play in 3d with this movie? Another user couldn't make a iso or mkv with this movie that plays back in 3d.Please also tell us what version of Fab you used with this movie to make the iso and 25 gig copy?
                        I used Fab 9.0.4.0

Complete ISO will be no problem in the media player, but other ISOs (from main movie) without shrinking don't work.

I now that with Fab 8 shrinked main movies as ISO will play in 3D.

Have you tested this also?

But what do you mean with MKV 3D? Do you mean SBS? or do you mean the new format MK3D? Is it now also possible to make MK3D with DVDFab? I only tested it till now with another freeware (or shareware) program...
                        Grüße...
                        Puebi

Comment

Yes my friend wanted to use blu ray ripper and make a side by side mkv3d of the flying swords 3d movie but he couldn't get the iso or the mkv to play in 3d so i told him you were going to test it with full iso it works for you i see.He is in the Uk so same region disk as you.

Now he wants to make a 3d side by side using the profile 3d mkv pass through to see if you can do it and then get it to play in 3d.I would think this is easy to do for you so I told him I would ask you to do it just to see if you can get it to work.When he made his the video played for a few mins. then speed-ed up so something went wrong.

On the cuda issue can i see one of your logs of a 3d movie that used cuda as my cuda doesn't get used when making a full 3d 25 gig disk and you say your cuda is working for a full 3d disk maybe we have different versions of cuda so please post a log for me or if you have one up on the German part of the forum give me a link to it so I can see the log to see if cuda is listed what version and if its really being used when making a full 3d 25 gig disk thanks.And yes i know shrinking in version 8 works fine in 3d.Just main movie without compression a problem no 3d for media player only works if you burn a disk.I believe mk3d is in early alpha testing and not ready yet.
                          Last edited by glenns; 05-27-2013, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Please update to the latest version v9.0.6.8 and have a try.

Comment

Geilee & Wilson:
                              I can now confirm this problem is fixed.Making a full 3d main movie uncompressed in version 9 now will play in 3d in my Micca ep 600 G2 3d media player as well as in my friends HI MEDIA 900B 3d media player (a international Fab forum member) that helped 1st bring this problem to light helping with testing in his media player me with mine and the solution from Fab

I believe these should play in all 3d media players.This was a international problem for a long time and thank all involved in fixing this problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X