Version 9 vs version 8 BD scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 9 vs version 8 BD scan

I'm just now trying version 9 software and have yet to get used to the interface.
    A few questions:
    1) why when I select Main Movie only do I see the percentage bar for the scanning in version 8 but only see the size of the movie fluctuate in version 9? I don't know when it's safe to start copying in version 9
    2) what is the difference between functionality of version 8 vs. version 9? I'm used to the version 8 interface and as long as it copies perfectly why switch to version 9? I feel version 8 is more flexible in checking/unchecking options but then again it may be that I'm more used to it.

The reason to swap to Version 9 is that Version 8 will no longer be updated so any new copy protection/new titles may not be able to be handled by Version 8.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You can use version 9 to take the copy guard out and make a iso to hard drive then use version 8 to do the conversion if you have problems with version 9.

Comment

Scanning percentage

How do I know when it's safe to hit the START button for a MOVIE ONLY copy in version 9 software? I see the size of the rip fluctuate for some time. In version 8, the scanning bar at the bottom of the screen showed a percentage so I knew when it was apparently safe to start copying.

Comment

Originally posted by drmark12pa View Post
          How do I know when it's safe to hit the START button for a MOVIE ONLY copy in version 9 software? I see the size of the rip fluctuate for some time. In version 8, the scanning bar at the bottom of the screen showed a percentage so I knew when it was apparently safe to start copying.
          it is tricky. I check LED light of my blu ray drive. I wait for LED light to goes off after few minutes. You can also notice disc stop spinning completly. When LED is turned off then I start copy main movie. So far I don't have any problem.

Comment

Working...
          X