Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AIOS Media Center Owners - What Model Receiver Are You Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you using hi speed hdmi cables as the cable output from the media player should be hi speed and a good connector on the ends.

I seen the cable ends come loose and off by yanking on the cable not the connector.Also cheap cables have ends that come loose causing that exact problem.

Just for the hell of it try putting a different high speed hdmi cable on the media player to see if it makes a difference.

I also see ends of cables get damaged by the cable being to short and straining to make the connection the wires solder connections can come apart and cause problems so check all connections ends unplug and check them and use hi speed wires so a lot of data can flow without backing up.If you ever get into 3d this is even more important as 3d puts much more data through the cables at the same time.2d blurays with hd sound sometimes have 8 soundtracks pumping through those cables along with the hi bandwidth video.If others aren't having this problem this can be the reason and quick fix.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      Are you using hi speed hdmi cables as the cable output from the media player should be hi speed and a good connector on the ends.

I seen the cable ends come loose and off by yanking on the cable not the connector.Also cheap cables have ends that come loose causing that exact problem.

Just for the hell of it try putting a different high speed hdmi cable on the media player to see if it makes a difference.

I also see ends of cables get damaged by the cable being to short and straining to make the connection the wires solder connections can come apart and cause problems so check all connections ends unplug and check them and use hi speed wires so a lot of data can flow without backing up.If you ever get into 3d this is even more important as 3d puts much more data through the cables at the same time.2d blurays with hd sound sometimes have 8 soundtracks pumping through those cables along with the hi bandwidth video.If others aren't having this problem this can be the reason and quick fix.
      Thanks, glenns... I will have to check this since my HDMI cables were purchased from Monoprice.com quite a while ago. I believe they are 1.3 but aren't we up to 1.4 now? I can't remember.
      Last edited by SuperFist; 05-30-2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Yes but it's for 3d mostly as long as you have high speed your ok with hd soundtracks.But the ends of the cables can get damaged easy so check all of them and just switch out the media player cable for now just to see if theirs a difference.Just make sure your not using 1 junky one that came with equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
          Yes but it's for 3d mostly as long as you have high speed your ok with hd soundtracks.But the ends of the cables can get damaged easy so check all of them and just switch out the media player cable for now just to see if theirs a difference.Just make sure your not using 1 junky one that came with equipment.
          Get this... the other day when I hooked up the AIOS directly to my Pioneer Kuro, I thought I noticed the picture looked better... but I shrugged it off. So when you told me to check the HDMI cables, sure enough, the one culprit oddball is the one going from my Pioneer receiver to my Kuro and it's not from Monoprice! I replace that with a Monoprice HDMI cable and the picture comes alive again... it almost looks 3 dimensional without 3D! Deep colors like my HDTV is brand spanking new. I can't believe it. And I checked the audio dropping while fast forwarding or reversing and it doesn't do it anymore! However, if I pause it, it will not resume, which I can live with.

Thanks again, glenns!

Comment

Your very welcome we helped each other today like the movie pay it foward.

Comment

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but I found out the reason I was having audio dropouts and it might help anyone who's having the same issue with the AIOS.

Turn OFF 1080p 24Hz and your audio dropout issues should go away! I couldn't believe it as I stumbled upon this advice on a forum about another media player. But after I thought about it, it kind of made sense.

Comment

Working...
              X