This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Molok View Post
    Edit: want not place the movie as source.
    your file system probably looks like this:

you made a folder on your PC, lets call it "XXX"

...then you ripped the main movie only, and the movies name is "XXX"

so:

XXX -> MainMovie -> XXX -> BDMV & Certificate

from the sound of it when you're trying to load the movie file as source, you are selecting the first main folder XXX. You need to scroll to the second XXX folder. Use that to open the file as source.

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
      your file system probably looks like this:

you made a folder on your PC, lets call it "XXX"

...then you ripped the main movie only, and the movies name is "XXX"

so:

XXX -> MainMovie -> XXX -> BDMV & Certificate

from the sound of it when you're trying to load the movie file as source, you are selecting the first main folder XXX. You need to scroll to the second XXX folder. Use that to open the file as source.
      Sorry for my bad english. I have ripped the full disc using another program to a folder on my PC. And in that folder I can't see any file called MainMovie. But there is a folder called BDMV with a lot of other folders within. I have tried a folder called STREAM. But when choosing that as source nothing happens...

Comment

Sorry for my bad english. I have ripped the full disc using another program to a folder on my PC. And in that folder I can't see any file called MainMovie. But there is a folder called BDMV with a lot of other folders within. I have tried a folder called STREAM. But when choosing that as source nothing happens...
        Use DVDFab to RIP the full disc and then use DVDFab against the hard drive folder. There is some copy protection that DVDFab is only able to handle from the original disc at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
          Use DVDFab to RIP the full disc and then use DVDFab against the hard drive folder. There is some copy protection that DVDFab is only able to handle from the original disc at the moment.
          Yes, but that will also take forever (8-9 hours), I presume..?

Comment

Yes, but that will also take forever (8-9 hours), I presume..?
            No, the RIP process should be 45 min or so. The 8-9 hours is because it was trying to compress it. It should be faster, less ware on the BD drive, and maybe work better if you do the 2-step process of rip first to remove the encryption and copy protection and then compress in a second pass.

Comment

Hi,

I am new at this forum. I just bought a lifetime licence of DVDFab Blu ray to Blu Ray. I use the latest beta 6.2.1.6. I have a HP Pavilion laptop, Windows XP and a LG BE08LU20 as external reader/burner.

The problem is that some back ups takes forever, that is 8-9 hours with a bit rate about 1.00 MB/s. I only do Main Movie and have the set up BD 25GB 1080p.
              Has that anything to do with copy protections? I don't get any error messages. But the read process is so slow. But not on every back up however. When all is well, the read process takes about 40 minutes. Have no problems during analyzing and writing.

Any ideas?
              What are the specs for your laptop? If the file is to large then DVDFab will re-encode it. If that happens the process can take hours. It takes my Desktop PC 7-8 hours to re-encode a BD. See my signature for my PC specs. The Q9550 is a 2.83 Intel Quad core with 3Gb of 1066 RAM.

If you do not want re-encoding then set DVDFab to BD50.

One way to check if re-encoding is taking place is to check the load on your CPU. If it is in the high 80s and 90s then the BD file is being re-encoded.
              Last edited by bits; 01-01-2010, 09:58 PM.
              Q9550/W7 Home 32bit/GT9600/3gb RAM/6TB storage/SageTV/HD200

Comment

Hi molok,
                Another option is ( you said the disc size was under 25 GB ) so like crackinhedz said create a folder, I set mine in My Documents, with the name of the movie rip the full disc to your HDD,

if you have ImgBurn installed open this up, go to "Write files/folders to disc".

Now go to your folder where your movie is, open the folder drill down till you come to BDMV + Certificate,

drag both of these files to the ImgBurn window that you opened earlier put your disc in the drive, when drive sees the disc then you are ready to burn.

Comment

But there is a folder called BDMV with a lot of other folders within.
                  Use the Folder that contains the BDMV and Certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
                    Use the Folder that contains the BDMV and Certificate.
                    Take crackinhedz's advice BDMV + certificate.

Comment

No, the RIP process should be 45 min or so. The 8-9 hours is because it was trying to compress it. It should be faster, less ware on the BD drive, and maybe work better if you do the 2-step process of rip first to remove the encryption and copy protection and then compress in a second pass.
                      In that case I, hopefully, can speed up the process. I will try that with movies bigger than 25GB. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by touchdown_1 View Post
                        Hi molok,
                        Another option is ( you said the disc size was under 25 GB ) so like crackinhedz said create a folder, I set mine in My Documents, with the name of the movie rip the full disc to your HDD,

if you have ImgBurn installed open this up, go to "Write files/folders to disc".

Now go to your folder where your movie is, open the folder drill down till you come to BDMV + Certificate,

drag both of these files to the ImgBurn window that you opened earlier put your disc in the drive, when drive sees the disc then you are ready to burn.
                        This problem seems to happen only when the Mainmovie is bigger than 25 GB (I might have been unclear there). But I will try to handle this via the 2-step process suggested by Complication.
                        And yes, I do have ImgBurn installed, wich I always use together with DVDFab.

Comment

Originally posted by bits View Post
                          What are the specs for your laptop? If the file is to large then DVDFab will re-encode it. If that happens the process can take hours. It takes my Desktop PC 7-8 hours to re-encode a BD. See my signature for my PC specs. The Q9550 is a 2.83 Intel Quad core with 3Gb of 1066 RAM.

If you do not want re-encoding then set DVDFab to BD50.

One way to check if re-encoding is taking place is to check the load on your CPU. If it is in the high 80s and 90s then the BD file is being re-encoded.
                          My laptop is a HP Pavilion Media Center dv9072ea, Intel Core Duo-processor T5600, 1.83 GHZ, 2048 MB DDR2, hard disc 240 GB (+external harddiscs).

Comment

My laptop is a HP Pavilion Media Center dv9072ea, Intel Core Duo-processor T5600, 1.83 GHZ, 2048 MB DDR2, hard disc 240 GB (+external harddiscs).
                            Given your processor specs, an encode time in excess of 6 hours for Blu-Ray would be expected when compression is needed (greater than 25G). Blu-Ray images are quite large and take a lot of processor power and I/O throughput.

Comment

Given your processor specs, an encode time in excess of 6 hours for Blu-Ray would be expected when compression is needed (greater than 25G). Blu-Ray images are quite large and take a lot of processor power and I/O throughput.
                              Well, that explains the slow read process. Do you think more RAM can speed it up? I think I can put in max. 4GB.

Comment

Well, that explains the slow read process. Do you think more RAM can speed it up? I think I can put in max. 4GB.
                                Maybe, but I doubt it would be by much.

Comment

Working...
                                X