slow reencoding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slow reencoding

Hi all just curious i just bought dvdfab9 seems pretty good. Only thing im wondering is why is bluray re-encoding so slow im getting 2-4 mb/s which adds up to 4 hrs is that normal? I read somewhere having an amd system could be a problem. Thanks in advance Mick....

It sounds about normal if you are going 50->25Gb.

AMD doesn't make any difference but speed of your computer does.

Post some specs of your PC including graphics card and we may have a better idea.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

yeah

Thanks for reply greg i have a ati HD7950 Video card and AMD Phenom II x4 955 processor and 8 gig of ddr3. Would a nvidia card improve things. I was reading about cuda on here and the benefits. How you mean that's normal 4 hrs is that for amd card or any?. Thanks Mick

Comment

I have a reader drive and a burner drive in my system. I have gotten in the habit of copying thru the night since they do take a long time to copy/burn... May be a good habit to get into...

Good luck.
        "Are you still master of your domain?"
        Cosmo Kramer

Comment

To improve speed a little make sure you defrag your drive often and use cc cleaner to clean junk on it.This improves read write speed.Cuda improves fab speed a lot but sometimes can't be used.

Comment

k

ok thanx fellas will do. Mick.

Comment

And the AMP app is poorly implemented and might actually slow you down. Try a couple chapters with it and the same with all set to software.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

yer

yer i have tried all settings no gain at all when its reencoding. Whats puzzling is my card supports H.264 but this software dosent work in that setting bit odd really. Thanks anyways i will keep checking stuff just ordered a newer cpu might help but i doubt it. Mick.

Comment

I have an Intel I7 Ivy Bridge CPU and use Intel's Quick Sync, I can compress a 50GB to 25 GB BD disc in about 25-35 minutes. Making an MKV.h264 file for my media player is even faster, about 5 minutes for a DVD and 20 or so minutes on a BD disc. I highly recommend Intel I7 processor and unless you are a hard core gamer you don't need a graphics at all.
                  Last edited by 90312; 08-20-2013, 12:30 AM.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Second that..

Comment

Unable to Use Intel Quick Sync

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      I have an Intel I7 Ivy Bridge CPU and use Intel's Quick Sync, I can compress a 50GB to 25 GB BD disc in about 25-35 minutes. Making an MKV.h264 file for my media player is even faster, about 5 minutes for a DVD and 20 or so minutes on a BD disc. I highly recommend Intel I7 processor and unless you are a hard core gamer you don't need a graphics at all.
                      I tried to use Intel Quick Sync but it fails immediately. What do you do to use Quick Sync? I use an i7 Quad 3615 Ivy bridge as well but it doesn't work for me.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Do you have an additional graphics card in the laptop?

Comment

lol

No i wont have intel in my pc i like amd always have...i paid 260 bucks for this software and yes it works but its way too slow for bd backups dvds are fine like 17 mins but bd 4 hrs plus thats just no good at all. O btw the amd app does nothing at all. Its a shame cuz i liked dbdfab o well....My cpu is doing work while reencoding and the graphics card sits on 0 its a wicked card and should be supported by the dvdfab software. Regards Mick.

Comment

My last question was for Divitom...

Mickade, a DVD is 8.5GB or less versus a Blu-ray which is normally more than 20GB in size and all the way up to 40+GB. It just isn't going to recode quickly unless you have decent hardware.

This isn't a problem with DVDFab, it's your hardware. I to have an i7-3770K with Quick Sync, very rarely does a recode take more than 40 minutes.

Comment

lol

the i7-3770K is marginally quicker in overall performance than my cpu. amd lacks quick sinc and whatever else needed to encode fast with this software its not a decent hardware issue at all. I asked here about support for amd hardware not what hardware i should have or buy. But thanks for the reply i guess. Mick

Comment

Working...
                              X