DTS Audio NOT converted to Dolby Digital AC3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DTS Audio NOT converted to Dolby Digital AC3

When making a movie only copy in BD25 BluRay format from a BD50, I select the options to "Remove HD Audio" and to "Convert DTS/LPCM Audio to AC3" in "Advanced Settings."

The resulting copy still has DTS audio instead of the AC3 I was expecting. I was converting audio to make more room for the converted video.

Hi,kevinfritz
    I can't reproduce it, it's work fine for me. Please post your internal log.thx

Comment

Originally posted by geilee View Post
      Hi,kevinfritz
      I can't reproduce it, it's work fine for me. Please post your internal log.thx

Hi. I believe I found the log in the dvdfab9 sub-folder under my user "Documents" folder (windows VIsta). When I look at it, it only has a log of my previous BluRay to DVD conversion. There is nothing about the problem disc shown.

It took less than an hour, so I'll run the conversion again to see if I get information in the log. I did run it twice with the same results (no DTS to AC3 conversion) so far.

Comment

UPDATE: For whatever reason, only one set of logs was being put into the DVDFab9 folder and then subsequent logs were disabled and when I enabled them were defaulted to the DVDFab folder instead. Anyway, the log is attached, but I believe I found the issue with DVDFab.

The imput was an already decrypted ISO of the movie "RED 2." This movie has what seems to be a somewhat irregular use of an opening studio credit title that is inserted as the first piece of the playlist (674). This opening credit piece of the playlist has regular 640 kbps DD 5.1 audio, while the other pieces, which are truly the main movie have the DTS audio. So, it seems that DVDFab analyzes the first piece with the regular DD 5.1 audio and therefore doesn't even try to convert the DTS to DD, presumably because it believe the whole movie has the same audio format as the studio credit piece.

After witnessing how the "remove HD Audio" and "convert DTS to DD" options work (correctly) on other movies, I am certain that DVDFab is not even attempting to convert the DTS on this movie. On the movies where it works successfully, I can watch the compression ratio change and the starting movie size decrease as I select these options in the Advanced Options dialog. On this title this does not happen, which tells me DVDFab has already decided that this movie does not have DTS audio to convert.

RECOMMENDATION: on playlists with multiple titles chained together, have DVDFab scan each and every playlist to verify the audio format. I suppose this should also be done for video, in the event that different video formats are changed together, i.e. DVD resolution MPEG2 and BluRay resolution MPEG4.

Regards,
        Kevin Fritz
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
          Please check the information of the output m2ts file by MediaInfo. http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
            Hi,
            Please check the information of the output m2ts file by MediaInfo. http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Wilson
            Yes, I use MediaInfo, including the windows explorer enhancement, so all i need to do is "float over" the file and the format info is shown.

The first (studio credit) .m2ts piece is converted with the 640 kbps DD 5.1 intact and the other .m2ts pieces are converted with the DTS audio intact. In other words, there is no conversion of the audio. I was hoping to convert the DTS audio to DD 5.1 to make more room for video. DD 5.1 @ 640 kbps sounds pretty good to me as I only use the TV speakers and a 10 inch woofer, and for whatever reason DD sounds louder on this set-up.

Do you want some kind of report from Media Info uploaded? I guarantee that the audio format was not changed by DVDFab and I also verified the format of the resulting .m2ts pieces with VLC Media Player...

Comment

I'll just post what fellow member Glenns has in his signature...

WANT HELP FASTER IN THIS FORUM? LEARN HOW TO POST YOUR LOG FILES!

READ LINK (ALL NEW USERS SHOULD READ THIS BEFORE POSTING PROBLEMS):

Last edited by SuperFist; 12-03-2013, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
                I'll just post what fellow member Glenns has in his signature...

WANT HELP FASTER IN THIS FORUM? LEARN HOW TO POST YOUR LOG FILES!

READ LINK (ALL NEW USERS SHOULD READ THIS BEFORE POSTING PROBLEMS):

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16
                Geez...I DID post my log file! I was asking if the DVDFab staff wanted my MediaInfo report, which is from a 3rd party, not DVDFab. Also, perhaps a screen cap to prove that only one title is shown above the "other titles" section?

Anyway, I was answering/asking Wilson, not you. If you don't have something helpful to add...

Good Bye.
                Last edited by kevinfritz; 12-03-2013, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Hi kevinfritz
                  If you could post the MediaInfo report that would be great.
                  Thanks
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                    Hi kevinfritz
                    If you could post the MediaInfo report that would be great.
                    Thanks
                    CBR929
                    The text file of the MediaInfo for all converted .m2ts files is attached. Note that 00514.m2ts is the first piece that plays (the studio credit), and this was originally AC3 on the original disc. Note that all the other pieces of the converted "main movie" remain DTS despite my selection to convert DTS to AC3.

I've also attached a BDInfo report that shows the same results and playback order of the .m2ts files.

NOTE: Please disregard the part of my last reply where I stated "Also, perhaps a screen cap to prove that only one title is shown above the "other titles" section?" That was for an error I reported in the BluRay to DVD forum.
                    Attached Files

Comment

If I set it in both places it will convert the audio but if I forget one or the other it won't. Once in common settings and once in advanced settings after I select the source:
                      Attached Files
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                        If I set it in both places it will convert the audio but if I forget one or the other it won't. Once in common settings and once in advanced settings after I select the source:
                        Is that for the "RED 2" BluRay from the US?

I tried setting the option in common settings, along with the others, and it didn't make it convert for me. I'm fairly confident that DVDFab is analyzing the first piece, seeing AC3, and then deciding that there is no conversion to be done.

Comment

No sorry I guess I overlooked the mention of Red 2.
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi,

Would you please try to copy 1 chapter only and see the result?
                            If DVDFab still does not convert DTS to AC-3 with 1 chapter, would you please send an bd50(1 chapter) ISO file to us?
                            I'll send the upload server to you later.

PS: I've tried some sources but not reproduced this. Also tried red2 but not same version with you.
                            Wilson
                            Please post your logs the default location is:
                            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                              Hi,

Would you please try to copy 1 chapter only and see the result?
                              If DVDFab still does not convert DTS to AC-3 with 1 chapter, would you please send an bd50(1 chapter) ISO file to us?
                              I'll send the upload server to you later.

PS: I've tried some sources but not reproduced this. Also tried red2 but not same version with you.
                              Wilson
                              OK, but the first chapter of the movie is those studio credits that are already in AC3 format. So, should I choose the 2nd or later chapter, which has the actual movie content?

My understanding is that most movie authors do not make an external movie credit or other (i.e., FBI warning) as part of the main movie, but rather have it play separately. Those that do have movie credits as part of the main movie also usually have the same audio format as the rest of the movie, which is what makes this version of RED 2 somewhat unique.

Comment

Working...
                              X