Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you would need either a BD-ROM or BD Writer drive to rip Blu-Ray movies. Standard DVD drives don't know what a Blu-Ray disc is.

Comment

OK...thanks again

Comment

Hah, Hah, Hah!!! Sorry, but I couldn't help but LOL when I read your previous post berdman. It reminds me of the call I got when I was doing computer repair and someone asked me to come and fix their ejectable cup holder. You're OBVIOUSLY a total newb. Of course you need some type of blu-ray drive in your computer to read/copy blu-rays, just like you'd need a DVD drive to read DVD's. I suppose someone else's idea about building your own system for less $$$ is a bit beyond your skill set.

Don't mean to be raggin' on you berdman, but in all seriousness, the higher your computer specs, the faster your machine can rip the blu-ray. If you don't have a fast machine, expect your blu-ray copying to take more than 12 hours...maybe even longer! A few months ago, I bought a new processor for my computer, upgrading from a AMD X2 5600 dual core to a AMD Phenom X4 965 quad core and it almost tripled my speeds when it came to blu-rays. Once I get my tax refund $, I'm going to do a few more upgrades myself(motherboard, RAM, video card). I do the vast majority of my computer part shopping on Newegg.com, so I'd suggest giving them a look.

Here are my system specs, just so you can get an idea:
        - CPU: AMD Phenom X4 965 BE quad core
        - RAM: 2x 2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066 (4GB total RAM)
        - Motherboard: AS Rock A780GXE/128M AMD 780G Chipset
        - Hard Drives: 1x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB & 1x Seagate Barracuda 300GB
        - Optical Drives: 1x ASUS BC-06B1ST BD-ROM & 1x Samsung SH-S203N DVD Drive
        - Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB (I'd recommend getting a Nvidia card though)
        - Sound Card: Creative SB X-Fi PCI-E

Comment

also...buy your blurays off Amazon.com they have the best deals BY FAR.

Comment

AGREED! I'll usually get new releases @ Best Buy (they usually have the same price as Amazon for a week or so on new BR's), but otherwise I go to Amazon to get anything else! (Or sometimes my local Moviestop)

Comment

Thanks guys....

Comment

Working...
              X