Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it not possible to compress a 3D movie to fit on a BD25 disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenns View Post
    Your log files show you are making a (full disk 2m 24.45s: Blu-ray Copy: Full Disc) I want you to use clone/burn using the store brought disk in blu ray copy and make a cloned iso to hard drive then compress using the latest fab version 9 and output as a iso.
    That's exactly what I do. I clone to a BD50 ISO. Then I open the BD50 ISO and choose output as BD25 ISO to compress. That process works fine with regular movies but not with 3D movies. It states it completed successfully but the resulting BD25 ISO is not watchable.

Comment

Originally posted by dgrams View Post
      And just to verify... you are running two separate backup jobs using the above instructions. I inserted a [1] and a [2] above to specify the two different jobs you will run.

The first one is just to get the disk contents onto your HDD.
      When doing compression, it is always better to work with a copy that is on your HDD. Takes a little longer... but if you want better results, this is the way to go.

The second one is the job that actually compresses the first .iso into a 25GB iso.
      Before you start the 2nd job, you need to mount the first iso you ripped in step 1 as a drive letter... using DVDFab Virutal Drive or compatible product.
      This is exactly what I do already. It works fine for regular movies but does not work for 3D movies. It states it completes successfully but the resulting BD25 ISO does not play properly.

Comment

Take the 50 gig 3d cloned iso and compress it with version 8 and let me know the results.

Comment

Their is a bug in Virtual drive use the plus button to load the iso and it will load and compress from their i will report the bug.

Comment

Working...
          X