No announcement yet.

Recording freezes up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just not having any luck. Keeps locking up or just stops reading. Appears I can copy dvd but not Blu-ray

I hope I provided some info to help resolve my issue but I will not be on this computer for awhile so I will check back in as soon as I can.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi ebrowning05
      Do you have the latest Intel graphics drivers installed and or Windows updates and service packs, if not please install them.
      Also how much free space do you have on your C:drive?
      CBR929

EDIT: Also please reread my friends post #25, your trying to compress from disc, not from ISO on Hdd.
      Last edited by CBR929; 05-26-2014, 10:40 PM. Reason: Edit
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I just built this computer and I may need to update some drivers. I will look at this but for help what is easiest/fastest way to make sure this is updated?

I did read that post a few times. My question is would this be one time clone or would I have to always do it this way. I used to copy main movie before I updated my computer.

I have a 120 GB hard drive. Just run op system and very few programs. I have 80 GB free
        Last edited by ebrowning05; 05-27-2014, 12:20 AM.

Comment

If you work with blu rays i would get a bigger hard drive their cheap these days.

Hit the start button-all programs-windows update-when their click check for updates then download and install all the updates except the optional ones unless you want them also.May require a restart after it will tell you.

You want to use Intel quick sync it will speed things up 10 fold.After you get the updated drivers for your system.You system will show as a 8 core machine when this software is used.If windows don't have a Intel update for you go right to the Intel web sight theirs a program to download that searches and finds what you have on your computer and will search and find the correct drivers for your machine then you can download them.

For disks that give you trouble and 3d disks like the 2/d-3/d disk in your posted log file make clones then convert from hard drive when done you delete the clone after you check what you made from it on a software player on your computer then burn the disk.If you don't have trouble with main movie from the disk then you can do it this way but it's slower and more wear and tear on the drive.
          Last edited by glenns; 05-27-2014, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I my old hard drive was 180 gb is that why I haven't seen this issue before?
            Last edited by ebrowning05; 05-27-2014, 02:28 AM.

Comment

I don't understand your last post.
              Reread my last post I edited it and you may not of seen the whole post.

Comment

You may want to give this link a read also with a smiler problem to yours.(disregard the Cinavia talk it didn't come into play)
                Last edited by glenns; 05-27-2014, 02:35 AM.

Comment

After updating to Intel quick sync your fab codex page should look like this.
                  Attached Files

Comment

First I would like to say "thanks" for all the help and patience. I think I have it figured out. I will attempt my copy in a couple days as I just don't have time now. Last question before I do get to it. About how long should I expect it to read the disc. I've seen 1hr 20?

Comment

If your using Intel quick sync on a I7 machine 28-30 mins. to read store brought disk and put on hard drive as your 4 core machine will now simulate a 8 core machine and show this in Fabs log files.Compared to my old 2 core machine that took about a hour to read and copy to hard drive.

Keeping your hard drive defagged daily will keep you running as fast as possible i use a free program called defaggler daily to keep fast and the free version of cc cleaner to keep junk files off the computer allowing the drive to have more room and this program also cleans the registry also keeping the machine in tip top shape used daily.All these things will increase your speed and your computer will run smooth.

Comment

I have the Intel Core i5-4440 Haswell 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I54440
                        Processor

Comment

That is a fast processor you should get good speed from it when using Fab.Fab will work very fast if you use quick sync with that processor so check my screen shot that I posted before then compare it to yours do you have quick sync listed as a choice in the fab settings for codex?

Did you go to the Intel web page and get the latest drivers,did you check to see if windows updates were all up to date?

Do you have trouble understanding me? Fab has forums for other languishes should English be hard for you to understand.

Comment

I have it all up to date and have it like the screen shot thanks. I'll try it on a disc tonight when I get a chance

Comment

Working...
                            X