X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripped Blurays skipping and freezing

Hi,

I recently experienced a problem with Divergent and Transcendence. I have made sure the drive and the discs were cleaned, reloaded new discs with the same result. I have an issue that when you look at the ripped bluray, there are jagged spaces on them. This is evident for both movies; at different spots.

When attempting to playback on PS3 or any device, it skips and freezes and you can hear the player reversing and trying to read the disc.

I have upgraded the bluray drive firmware thinking this may be the issue, but no success. I took discs from other sources and attempted to rip them with the same issue.

Is this a new type of encryption or is my drive just bad? I have been able to rip other blurays (Spiderman 2) with no problems, so don't think it's the drive.

Thanks

Are you burn disc to fulldisc 25?
    Please clone to HDD, then play it on the pc to see what happend.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Hi rl0822
      Also post your internal and burn logs for these attempts.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Maybe your burning the disk to fast or with cheap media your drive doesn't like.

Comment

Logs

Hi,

Not sure where the logs are located. I have been using the same Blu-Ray discs for quite some time. When you look at the encoding part of the disc, you can see gaps in the encoding. I believe this is what is causing the skips and freezes during playback. I just tried to rip Captain America - bought Blu-Ray and it did the same thing.

Where are the logs to upload and hopefully provide some additional information?

On the slow or too fast, I have the settings a recommended. Not sure what else to look for.

Thanks,

Ray

Comment

HI Ray
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab9_Win7 & Win8 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab9\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

DVDFab Player 5:

Comment

Blu-Ray Issue

I have attached the logs for review. I bought Captain America and did the following:

1. Changed settings for slow
              2. Ripped to hard drive (movie only)
              3. I also changed the burning from vso to dvdfab to see if that made any difference (did not)
              3. Cloned/Burned to Blu-Ray
              4. Observed where it player has an issue, tried it on ps3 and generic blu-ray and the same results with pausing, freezing and the disc spinning (audible) struggling to play
              5. Play movie from hard drive through Blu-Ray Player and observed at the same location time frame where the ripped disc was encountering the condition and found that during hard drive playback you can see the condition, but not as visible and could tell there was no smooth playback at the same time spot as the Blu-Ray

Thanks, appreciate any help on this.

Ray
              Attached Files

Comment

Does the original Blu-ray have same problem? Burn the blank media at a selected speed like 6x not recommended or slow, most will burn half rated speed the blank media is

Comment

The original Blu-Ray is what I purchased at Walmart. I bought it for testing purposes and it does not do the same thing as the ripped copy. There is no hesitation either on the ps3 or blu-ray player.

I will change the speed and burn another blu-ray with 6x and see what that does.

fyi, I am using an LG Blu-Ray burner so not sure if that makes a difference. It is up to date on firmware and thought about buying a new burner, but LG seems to be one of the most prominent blu-ray burners out there.

Thanks, for the response.

Comment

At 6x, the issue still happens. If the ripped hard drive file has the same issue as the blu-ray disc, does not lead to an issue with the way the blu-ray is being decoded? A software problem somewhere?

Is there anything in the logs to indicate a problem during the decode or encode process?

Thanks,

Ray

Comment

HI:The log we need to see is called dvdfab internal log you posted all the others but not the most important log.The most recent disk is at the bottom of the list we only need the disk you had trouble with so cut and paste the log you had trouble with as the log is a list of all disks you done.

You can use any burner after you decoded the disk and converted it to 25 gigs so a good way to tell is burn it on a different burner like img burn it's the best free burner.

Look at the disk if it's a 6x disk burn at 1/2 disk rated speed.Are you using cheap media like Ritec (Memorex) they always cause trouble if using them do you have other brands or a re burnable disk to try?

Like Dora says try playing the 25 gig disk with a software player on the computer does it play? Fab has a media player that's can play disks on the drive for free try it.
                      Last edited by Ella; 09-11-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Not sure what happened to the reply post. I am ripping the movie to a 25gb disc so not a 50gb.

I did try using imgburn in addition to slowing the write to 6x and that did not seem to do anything. The condition was still present.

One thing to note is that if I do Blu-Ray to DVD the issue is not there. It is only there on Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray. Also, I did not have an issue with other Blu-Rays, just Divergent, Transcendence and Captain America. At first I thought it was Redbox, but not after I bought Captain America Winter Soldier to test things out and it had the issue.

The Blu-Ray plays fine on PS3, internal BluSuite Player and Media Player, so there are no issues there.

Thanks, for the continued support

Ray
                        Attached Files

Comment

Do you have the 25 gig folder on the hard drive? if so does the folder play with a software player on the computer?

You compressed with lightning recording try compressing without lightning recording un check it in software settings for Gpu check use all software and update fab to newest 9167 version first and see if this helps.
                          Dora said in a earlier post to clone the disk to hard drive first using clone/burn then do the main movie compression and burn without lightning recording.
                          Last edited by Ella; 09-11-2014, 08:28 PM. Reason: Added line of text

Comment

Ray

Copy the chapter that has skip and freeze issue to HDD. Then copy to a blank disc like you every time dose.
                            If you can reproduce that issues, post your source has issue to us.
                            You send the source has proplem, So that we can fixed it .
                            You also can send all main movies folder. Maybe spend more time on upload
                            I will send you a private messages for the upload adress.

DVDFab Player 5:

Comment

Originally posted by rl0822 View Post
                              I did try using imgburn in addition to slowing the write to 6x and that did not seem to do anything. The condition was still present.
                              They are telling you to slow the burning/writing down to like 4X or lower. 6X may be the rating of your discs but I don't think you should ever burn Blu-ray discs at that speed! I purchase nothing but 6X discs but I always burn them at 4X and I never have a problem with skipping or freezing, even with the Captain America movie (I had to test it just to see).

Originally posted by rl0822 View Post
                              I have an issue that when you look at the ripped bluray, there are jagged spaces on them. This is evident for both movies; at different spots.
                              This is NOT an issue. Trust me! I even had a about this with a screenshot and it has something to do with the manner in which BD-R writes to the disc:

<span style="color:green"><b> <span style="color:red"><br><br> </b></span>

(At the moment, Photobucket is down for maintenance so the image isn't showing but it will be back up shortly)

Basically the writer skips over areas of the discs it views as being riddled with defects and writes to more reliable sectors. In essence, cheaper media would have more gaps due to the inconsistencies and lack of quality of the materials and craftsmanship of the discs.
                              Last edited by SuperFist; 09-12-2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X