Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the picture as the one in the other thread has a broken link. I will also add a graphic I did of my results with DVDFab's VSO vs ImgBurn.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
      Basically the writer skips over areas of the discs it views as being riddled with defects and writes to more reliable sectors. In essence, cheaper media would have more gaps due to the inconsistencies and lack of quality of the materials and craftsmanship of the discs.
      IMHO, it should never, ever, do that. The burn MUST be contiguous.

I've burned hundreds of Blu-rays and many, many, more DVDs, and have never, ever, had gaps in the burns.

After shrinking to single layer, the results burned to the 25 GB media (x6) without any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MrVideo View Post
        IMHO, it should never, ever, do that. The burn MUST be contiguous.

I've burned hundreds of Blu-rays and many, many, more DVDs, and have never, ever, had gaps in the burns.

After shrinking to single layer, the results burned to the 25 GB media (x6) without any issues.
        Oh, trust me... I don't really like it either! That's why I always burn with ImgBurn and my discs are always perfect.

Comment

Hi rl0822
          Please keep this thread on track with discs you own, not rentals or this thread will be closed.
          Give this a read through before posting again Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, for the responses. Even ripping to hard drive has some issues during play back and only isolated to 3 movies I have tried to rip. I did the entire movie as clone to my hard drive and then ripped it to a bluray and the issues was there.

I understand that using blurays from stock may be the issue, but always at the same location for every bluray? That does not make sense if the defect in the disc spans over several different lots of discs.

I will try to do <6x to see what it does. I have done DVD, VSO and IMGBURN which does not correct the issue.

I thought about buying a new bluray burner but see that most of them are LG so would hate to spend the $$ to get nowhere.

Thanks, everyone

Comment

Ray I think you should concern yourself with the rip to hard drive not burning the disk until you get that to work first.

You say their are playback problems with it.Post the fab internal log for the rip to the hard drive use clone/burn with version 9168 put the blu ray on the hard drive then play with software player if their are playback issues post the log from making the cloned iso.

Is their any error messages during the rip to hard drive ?
              Is the disk scratched at all or damaged?
              Did you get another copy from Walmart to see if it's a defective disk?

Because none of the almost 35 thousand members are complaining about these disks you are having trouble with and because you have trouble playing the 50 gig cloned iso I say it's a defective disk.The log file should shed some light if you include the log file from the rip to hard drive.
              When you play the 50 gig cloned iso on the computer with a software player that also has trouble playing or the compressed copy?

Comment

Hi,

Looks like the issue has been fixed with either 9.1.6.8 or me reducing the writing to the slowest speed instead of recommended. I will try to test with the recommended speed, to see if this is true or whether the latest release did it.

I was able to successfully back up the three movies that I had issues with.

I will post my findings.

Thanks, again for all your help on this.

Comment

Really? Happy to hear that/
                  I download the source that you upload in a slowly speed. Still left time700hh:09mm:21ss. You said the problem was gone, so happy
                  User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                  For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                  For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                  For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Hi Dora,

Thanks, for all your help and also the responses from other users. I can not tell you all how grateful I am about getting this resolved.

I can tell you, that after retesting and doing some additional movies, I was able to recreate the issue and it is definitely the speed during the writing to the disc. When I do it as fastest, it recreates the issue. When I do it as slowest, I do not have a problem and you can't see the gaps on the discs.

Thanks, once again to you all and responders to my plea for help.

Ray

Comment

I burn, using ImgBurn, at x6 and do not have issues.

Comment

I think it also depends on the type of media your using.
                        Keep smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X