Problem backing up The Gangster Squad blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem backing up The Gangster Squad blu-ray

Hi - I'm a new user to DVDFAB, only been using it for 10 days or so, to make backup copies of various discs.

I am running windows 7 x64, computer is running an Intel E5200 dual core processor @ 2.5 Ghz, with 4 GB of ram.
    And running DVDFAB 9.1.6.8 and am using woookao for AACS.

I used DVD Copy for about 12 dvd discs, with no issues. I tried to copy Gangster Squad from a blu-ray disc (21.1 GB)
    and DVDFAB will not get past the 50% mark, either erroring out (first giving me the options of "try again, "ignore"
    or "ignore all", and I have tried all three to complete the disc backup. Or it will show a msg that it completed successfully,
    except that when i check the file it is either a 3 GB file or an 8.66 GB file.

One note - when it hits the error msg point, from then on I notice the transfer rate continues decreasing until it is 0.01 MB/s

I have tried changing various selections, ie saving whole disc, main movie and finally "clone disc" as well as tried saving as
    both a movie folder and as an .iso file. I've also adjusted the copy and encoding speeds from fast (low quality) to slow (high quality).

I have tried storing the backup both to the location DVDFAB suggests as well as to an external SSD.

I have un-installed and re-installed DVDFAB 9.1.6.8 3-4 times, using the DVDFAB un-install function, then rebooting before re-installing.
    I then started receiving a msg after DVDFAB is opened and a disc is loaded that "The license file is not proper or does not exist. Install
    the program again." - then when i simply downloaded a fresh copy of 9.1.6.8 and installed it overtop the existing copy (without un-installing 9.1.6.8) it stopped
    giving me the invalid license error msg.

Finally i downloaded the beta (9.1.7.0). All with no success.

The BD movie disc plays fine all the way through, both in my computer's blu-ray burner (LG BT30N) and in my sony stand-alone blu-ray player.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

I've attached two logs - the 1st, it hit the "brick wall" at 44% under "Disc Clone" and wouldn't copy any further - the 2nd log is one of the "Finished successfuly" burns that in reality only copied part of the disc, in this case 3 GB.
    Attached Files

i thought a little more exact descript might help -
    When i tried to copy using "full disc" or "clone burn", it will make it to the 44% mark before it bogs down - the file will be 9.7 to 10.xx GB

When i tried "Main Movie", it would only make it to the 42% mark (8.xx GB), - if the previews etc are 2 gb, then it's stopping at the same point in the disc each time (this is when it doesn't give me a "Successful completion" indication while only having copied 3 - 8 GB

For the hey of it, after posting earlier, i moved my LG Blu-ray burner over to a laptop, and got the exact result - on "Main Movie" copy selection, it bogged down at the 42% mark. The laptop is also running Windows 7 x64 with 8 GBs of ram

I've attached the logs from that event
    Attached Files

Comment

Fred, you have read errors in your log that will prevent backup. Try a good cleaning with Windex or some such, failing that it may just be a bad disc:

13m 32.49s: read error: 11 755040 11082605 5085375 37
      14m 36.20s: read error: 11 755040 11082605 5085504 37
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks - i had inspected before using it and under good light, it looked perfect, no scratches, mars, pits etc - but just now i washed it with warm soapy water and damn if there aren't about 200 little pits / scratches like a drunk mosquito was jumping around with ice skates on. Put it back in to run a copy and even ran it at normal speed and normal quality encoding, and it still bogged down at the same 42% mark

I bought this disc from a "mom & pop" video place, probably one of the last in the country, they were closing shop - wonder if they had some sort of spray on coating that made it look unscratched, like real fine acrylic

still don't understand how the same burner/player can play it fine, but not record it - i'll have to assume that's the case

tks for the assist

Comment

Playing and copying are two different processes. The player can skip over the error without real notice viewing, the transcoder can't it will just stop. It's a popular misconception that if a disc plays it will copy. It would be nice if it did work that way.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks - i'm kind of a fred flintstone of software
            but i still managed to rip it the old fashioned way, albeit dvd quality (480p)

at least now, next time i have this problem i know what to look for in the logs

Comment

Working...
            X