Copy will play on PS4, NOT PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy will play on PS4, NOT PS3

I recently made a back up using DVD Fab Blu-Ray Copy of the Region B "Lost Highway" BD and the back up will play on my PS4, but when I put it into my PS3 the Universal title screen plays, and then it just freezes while trying to load the top menu. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm using Verbatim Dual Layer BD-Rs and the attached images are my settings. Thank you for your help!
    Attached Files

please post the dvdfab internal log files and the burn log files.
    do other backed up discs work?? and have you tried cleaning your playstation 3 lazer
    Last edited by october262; 07-27-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I will post my log file later tonight when i get home from work, but this is actually the first disc I've made. I made one that wouldn't boot at all in any player, but i discovered that one was made using the wrong AVCHD settings.... maybe it is my ps3's laser, I'll try it in another machine.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        please post the dvdfab internal log files and the burn log files.
        do other backed up discs work?? and have you tried cleaning your playstation 3 lazer
        Here are the log files.

I tried the disc on BOTH my PS3s (yeah, I have 2) and it did the same thing on both. Just perplexing why it will work on the Ps4... I feel like I'm so close to having this down, I must just be doing one little thing wrong!
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for bringing up and old topic, but I'm experiencing a similar issue. I bought Lost Highway Blu-ray from the UK (Region B) with the intent to remove the region block so I can play it on my PS3 in the US. Everything seems to work fine removing the encryption on copying the BD to my hard drive, but when I burn the folder to using ImgBurn the disc will play the Universal opening video but then after that nothing. It can't go to the menu, no remote buttons work, it essentially locks up the PS3. However, when I try the BD using PowerDVD it works fine.

Any idea why this BD won't play in a PS3? I want an exact duplicate and only want to remove the region block so I can play it properly. Any ideas?

Comment

Sounds like a 50i disc. The PS4 is 50Hz friendly and the PS3 is not. Check the fine print on the disc packaging.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              Sounds like a 50i disc. The PS4 is 50Hz friendly and the PS3 is not. Check the fine print on the disc packaging.
              Son of a gun. 1080i. Wish I'd known that before making 5 BD50 coasters.

Comment

A cheap Blu-Ray player from Wal~Mart will likely play your backups.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderclap View Post
                  Son of a gun. 1080i. Wish I'd known that before making 5 BD50 coasters.
                  1080i should not be an issue, as 1080i29.97 exists. It is 1080i50 that will be the issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X