3D Blu-Ray Main Movie Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy 3D Blu-Ray Main Movie Copy

I just got a 3D projector and wanted to rip Avatar 3D's main movie, just like I do for all of my regular Blu-Rays. However, every time I have tried ripping it, it is just the 2D version. What is the best way to copy a 3D Blu-Ray?

Thanks,
    Dan

Try clicking on advanced settings.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check tonight in the advanced settings. I am just wanting the main movie of the 3D movie. Can you copy out the main movies of a 3D disk into an MKV folder like a normal Blu-Ray? Would it be better to do a complete ISO of the disk and mount it for PowerDVD to play?

Comment

Can you copy out the main movies of a 3D disk into an MKV folder like a normal Blu-Ray? Would it be better to do a complete ISO of the disk
        I don't know why I should transform the content into another container, or if MKV can handle MVC or only SBS or TAB. I just copy the complete Blu-ray 3D disc, or the main movie only, to an ISO.

Comment

If you want full 3d like on the store disk(1080p in each eye) use clone,full disk or main movie.

To get a side by side 3d movie(1080 in one eye and half resolution in the other eye) you can change containers to get smaller files in 3d but not 1080p in each eye it's really a big space saver to make side by side 3d files or disks but you can play them on just about any software player and most hardware players 3d or not.The tv or projector will turn the 2 side by side pictures into a 3d picture.This also allows putting 3d movies from a blu ray disk to regular dvds single or double layer disks even with HD sound if you want it.They are a little less clear than blu rays or full 3d but even on a big screens I have a 160 inch projection screen if made hi quality or uncompressed they still look good.
          Side by side 3d files or disks are a great space saver the trade off is a little less clearer picture.The pop off the screen effects and depth of field still remain on side by side 3d movies.

Comment

Yes, I would like the full store disc. I have a 8 TB NAS, so size isn't an issue. I just can't get anything that I've ripped to work. My latest attempt at Full Disc Copy brings up the two 3D disclaimers, but then fails to play the main menu or movie. PowerDVD says it's missing a file. I have never burned anything to an ISO file, so any tips or instructions on how to burn the entire movie via ISO and then playback the ISO in PowerDVD would be helpful.

Thanks again,
            Dan

Comment

and then playback the ISO in PowerDVD would be helpful.
              This is the Software Support forum for DVDFab Blu-ray Copy, not for CyberLink PowerDVD.

Comment

Marchewd:You have to load the Iso into the free Fab virtual drive first then in power dvd select it also make sure in power dvd you select the 3d button for 3d movies..You find it in the Power dvd pull down.When you make the movie select main movie after movie is loaded in Fab select advanced setting then select copy as 3d movie not side by side.If this doesn't work post your dvdfab internal log file but it should work.Also make sure your burn engine is set to Fab burn engine for blu rays in Fabs settings if burning folders if burning iso's then you can use IMG burn or Fab burn engine.
                Last edited by 3dman; 05-22-2016, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                  To get a side by side 3d movie(1080 in one eye and half resolution in the other eye) you can change containers to get smaller files in 3d but not 1080p in each eye
                  Minor technical correction: SBS and Top/Bottom fits the 3D into a normal 1920x1080 video, but each SBS eye is 960x1080. For Top/Bottom 3D, each eye is 1920x540.

Comment

I believe it's even less than that for letter boxed movies and older non 16x9 movies but they still can look good if made hi quality or non compressed even on my 160 inch screen (covers the whole wall) considered a very large screen for home theater.If you put these on dvd5's they get over compressed and don't look good but may be ok for kids use.Fab gives you so many choices to up or lower the compression so you can make something that looks good on any screen size.You can also use the full 3d for blockbusters or if you have huge hard drives.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                      I believe it's even less than that for letter boxed movies and older non 16x9 movies
                      Sorry, I should have indicated that I was talking about the resolution as stored on the Blu-ray media. For a SBS 2.40:1 movie on a Blu-ray, the vertical resolution is still the same as the 2D version. A SBS of an old 4:3 movie will appear to suffer more.

Comment

Have tried many things to get 3D Blurays to work as follows.

1. There is one other tool that supports creating an mkv with the mvc setting, however requires special player software to play it back and i could never get it to work right as it would always show in 2D not 3D. Tried using Steroscopic player with no success. Documentation says to open the main movie ssif file contained in the Stream\SSIF folder (where the 3D part actually is). Tried that and it still played the movie in 2D

2. Did the rip, then the conversion to either SBS or TAB mkv with mixed results. Basically had to manually set the player to either SBS or TAB and always had to set the tv manually into 3D mode (SBS or TAB) even then results were not that great and it was very hard on the eyes. This solution was also dropped.

3. Came up with the final two solutions that works best and reliable and works all the time using PDVD, and that was to either create an full ISO in clone mode (which for sure copies the data in the SSIF folder) as i'm not sure yet if you do copy as bluray 3d that it actually copies the SSIF folder with the SSIF files (I know many versions ago FAB would create an empty SSIF folder and was told by support to always use clone mode, but that may have changed by now).

Then mount that cloned folder for the ISO and invoke powerdvd. Menus would come up and i could select normally in PDVD. Since the movie is frame packed my TV is automatically put into 3D mode and all very seamless. One thing if i recall this correctly was that in the PDVD settings i set the option to play 3D movies in 3D always. This is very seamless as there are no manual adjustments i have to make to the TV and/or player. There was times though that for some reason the lip sync was off just a tad using the full ISO. For most documentaries this is not a problem since you don't see the person actually talking

4. Solution 2 (One i use now), After the clone to iso, then use winzip to expand that folder into the raw folder layout within a folder on your movie drive. Then create miniso in that folder and then double click it and let pdvd do the rest.

For my particular situation i use Kodi as my standard movie library player for 2D blurays ripped to mkv's and for bluray 3D use PDVD as an external player to Kodi for bluray movies that i have planted out the full BD Structure in 3D. Once Kodi finds this external player then based upon the my external script settings i have the script invoke PDVD Cinema player instead and the script passes the path to PDVD and away it goes.

So for Avatar i have kodi play the 2D extended version and then have kodi invole PDVD to play Avatar 3D. Once Avatar 3D is started my TV goes autmatically into 3D mode and once movie is over TV reverts back to 2D mode, the same way it does with the actual disk itself. Hope this helps you

Comment

Have tried many things to get 3D Blurays to work as follows.

[...]
                          1. Clone disc or Copy movie to ISO.
                          2. Mount ISO or burn ISO and play it.
                          Last edited by CBR929; 05-25-2016, 12:48 AM. Reason: removed text

Comment

@ berlintegel I have edited your post please watch how you talk to other members on the forum, thanks.
                            CBR929
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

@ CBR929 I made an ironic remark, please do not censor any of my posts again, thanks.
                              berlintegel

Comment

Working...
                              X